Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

District Court Judge in Court for no NCT Cert

Options
  • 19-01-2008 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice this in today's Irish Independent? (Sat Jan 19th) - A district court judge was in court in Cork yesterday for failure to display an NCT cert on his car? Can anyone shed any light on this? I know there are plans to introduce penalty points for this but a court appearance for an offence that currently doesn't result in penalty points being awarded seems a little strange.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm.. i thought there was some loophole out there that the NCT was not worh the paper its written on and you can still tax your car without one... obviously thats not true if a judge got done for it...

To be honest though, how much money does he make? And he can not afford to get an NCT or just buy a new car? He probably makes twice as much as me, so over a hundred grand... probably a lot more even.

edit... just saw this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Saruman wrote: »
    Hmm.. i thought there was some loophole out there that the NCT was not worh the paper its written on and you can still tax your car without one... obviously thats not true if a judge got done for it...

You do not need a NCT cert to tax your car. The NCT cert is still a legal requirement though, there is a fixed penalty for not having one and if unpaid a court appearance.
    Saruman wrote: »
    To be honest though, how much money does he make? And he can not afford to get an NCT or just buy a new car? He probably makes twice as much as me, so over a hundred grand... probably a lot more even.

edit... just saw this.

And people are surprised when they issue laughable sentences on criminals, if they were on the average wage and had to deal with the serial-offending scum they refuse to lock away on a daily basis we would be living in a very different country.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement