Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cruddy clutch

• 20-01-2008 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

i can only describe it as feeling like a 'kink' when pressing/easing the clutch, also, the clutch has to be let up very high when taking off...
    anyone here have any experience of something similar???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

VAG car?? The clutch in my car dis-engages after pressing it about an inch which is normal for these. I've had 3 and there all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

er what does VAG mean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Clutch cable maybe?

VAG means Volkswagenwerk AktienGesellschaft, basicaly any car that is a VW or one that they own, like Seat or Skoda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,109 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

er what does VAG mean :(

VW, Seat or Audi car? might be a few other makes, not 100% sure (though i assume you are not talking about a Veyron!)

oh in that case, nope its a peugeot 106!
    have to admit, i know nothin bout cars... but on a hunch i'd guess that anything to do with the clutch will be expensive?
    *groan*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I suppose you mean it just started doing it, or is it an annoyance that's always been there??

its always been there since i got it, its worse whenit hasn't been driven much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 actionman85

Clutch on the older 106 is not self adjusting you need a garage or a handyman to adjust it for you, had one years ago wore it down to nothing needed a new clutch and flywheel cost a mint try get it sorted asap. I am quite handy ill meet you and fix it and you can treat me to a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Would it be a sign that the clutch is about to go? Have a similar problem with my clio.

Advertisement