Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bi? i think.

Options
  • 20-01-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok ok ill give you a short version.

i like women.(as mates as gf's. sex. kissing. hugs etc)
    i like men(as mates. not bf's. sex, kissing. oral but only too me)

i think i may be either bi or just addicted to sex.which is weird cos i always thaught they were just people making a fuss.:)
    if i am bi should i tell my mates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You're probably bi. Tell your mates if you want to. There's no "should" about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daisy B

Why would you tell your mates, when you're not even sure yourself yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Maybe discussing it with a close friend might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

you sound like you are bi or maybe confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Personally reckon we all are a bit if we're open to it and why not. It's good to experience these things and doesn't mean it's a badge of some sort that you'll have to wear for life. Experience yourself and others respectfully and honestly and enjoy it ;)
    No need to compartmentalize yourself though if you don't feel the need to identify with one group in particular nor is there any need to tell anyone you don't feel comfortable telling unless you're talking serious relationship stuff.

Enjoy yourself. Your opinion is the only one that matters!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Alot of people experiment at the start (I'm assuming your relativately young still, 20 - 25). If your Bi you're Bi and so be it, if not you'll eventually settle into one or the other so either way enjoy it now (as long as it's safe). You don't need to tell your friends, just act as you want and let them work it out for themselves, if you tell them then it could be seen by them that your looking for their approval and then they might start giving opinions that might force you into a box, you're enjoying yourself so why let others express an opinion on what you enjoy? Right now what you do is your business but if you tell them then your effectivly giving them permission to make it their business too and you might not get the response you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Knightofcydonia, don't worry about sticking a label on yourself. It's more important that you're happy with yourself than that you can describe your sexual preferences to others.

What I found best was to talk about it with a close friend - it helped me get stuff straight in my own head.

If you think telling your friends will make you feel more comfortable then do it, but don't feel like you have to. At the end of the day every person's situation is different, but the common thread is that the main thing is to feel comfortable in your own skin, however you see it.

Advertisement