Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test without motor tax?

• 20-01-2008 2:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I got a new (to me) car last month on Dec 21st. I haven't yet received the log book, so can't get a new valid tax disc for it. My partner has her driving test on Tuesday morning at 10am. I checked on the driving test website and it states that you need valid motor tax to sit your test.
    I'm in a dilema that I can't physically get the tax disc until I get the log book back.
    Anybody got any idea where I stand on this?

Thanks,

Pete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

pete4130 wrote:
    Anybody got any idea where I stand on this?

Exactly as it says on the website. You can't do the test without a tax disc. She'll have to try and rent an instructor's car or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Thanks Stark, thats what I was afraid of. I don't think she'd be comfortable in an unfamiliar car though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement