Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eden quay, dublin

• 20-01-2008 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

just arrive home in a taxi and eden quay was blocked by gardai from top to end .... looks like something serious, but couldn't see a crashed car etc .... no pedestrians seemed to be allowed by either, can anyone elaborate ? cant find anything online

mods, already posted in the regional forum, but judging by the last post date it'd be well-online before i get a response.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A-rabs.
    conky_05 wrote:
    but judging by the last post date, it'd be well-online before i get a response.

Are ye happy now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I stood in the middle of the ropad and mooned everyone.
    This caused multiple heart attacks in the wimmin, who were amazed by my firm tight ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

what's a rab ?

Terry wrote: »
    I stood in the middle of the ropad and mooned everyone.
    This caused multiple heart attacks in the wimmin, who were amazed by my firm tight ass.

you monster !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Haha, I assume he meant A-rabs... Arabs...

• Advertisement

Holsten wrote: »

no sh1t !

Holsten wrote: »

my sarchasm's alover the shop, it's been a while ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

prob sombody jumped into the liffey, thats what happend the last time it was closed off, stupid junkies, well i suppose one less to mug you!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

.Maybe they were doing breath tests and were wondering why they werent catching anyone with the road closed..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Looking at the traffic cameras the O'Connell bridge hasn't updated in over an hour unlike all the others!
    http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/traffic_cameras/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

I was in the laughter lounge, and it was evacuated at about 11.40 because of a bomb scare (My jacket is still there). There were loads of gards around, and were evacuating people off the street. Thy did seem fairly serious though, I went to redz after, and 1 the gards wer still there, but I didnt see any bomb squard. Noone was really told any more, just to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Drove by it earlier too and wondered what was going on. Gardaí directing traffic on O'Connell Bridge, seemed a pretty serious operation. When I drove by it again later on (about an hour ago), there were more Gardaí and a bigger operation was going on.

Thought it was a crash or something but didn't see any amublances? Only saw flashing lights from squad cars at either end of the blockade. Lots and lots of onlookers too. Also saw Gardaí interviewing people outside Q bar, but that could have easily been for something unrelated.

I was in the laughter lounge, and it was evacuated at about 11.40 because of a bomb scare (My jacket is still there). There were loads of gards around, and were evacuating people off the street. Thy did seem fairly serious though, I went to redz after, and 1 the gards wer still there, but I didnt see any bomb squard. Noone was really told any more, just to leave.

That's all spin, a UFO landed.

I for one, welcome our new Lizard overlords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

conky_05 wrote: »
    just arrive home in a taxi and eden quay was blocked by gardai from top to end .... looks like something serious, but couldn't see a crashed car etc .... no pedestrians seemed to be allowed by either, can anyone elaborate ? cant find anything online

mods, already posted in the regional forum, but judging by the last post date it'd be well-online before i get a response.

According to the barman in Cassidy's as we were leaving it was a suspect device/car bomb outside the Clifton Court Hotel.

Nitelink driver was talking about Army personnel on-scene as well, whcih suggests Bomb Disposal Squad. I guess we'll hear about it in the news in the morning :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

From what I've heard the Gardaí got information that the 'Garden of Eden' bar was in fact a front for a seedy strip club.

I know, I'm as shocked as you. It seemed so classy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

There were a good few gards floating about, I didn't see anyone specifically being interviewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

There were a good few gards floating about, I didn't see anyone specifically being interviewed.

Thats a bit scary, I live there - just happen to be home in Longford for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

The-Rigger wrote: »
    That's all spin, a UFO landed.

I for one, welcome our new Lizard overlords.

Me Too ... I hope they like it here :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Me Too ... I hope they like it here :D

They won't. The co2 emissions from the ufo are too high. They cant afford anywhere to live. They cant get a bed in hospital, and they cant smoke anywhere. What sort of planet is this?
    In fairness, I think Bertie is a ghekko...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I hope someone succesfully manages to blow up the clifton court. What a kip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Scandinavia (sami Skadesi-suolu / Skađsuâl) is a historical and geographical region centred on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe which includes the kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden.[1][2] The other Nordic countries, Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands, are sometimes included because of their close historic and cultural relations to Denmark, Norway and Sweden.[3][4][5][6]

QFT.

THE HUMAN HEAD WEIGHS 8 POUNDS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    QFT.

THE HUMAN HEAD WEIGHS 8 POUNDS!!!

Did you know that Troy Aikman, in only six years, has passed for 16,303 yards?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Apparently there was a bomb scare at the Laughter Lounge so they had to evacuate, hence the police blocking off the area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

random drunk posrt

Clare_Guy wrote: »
    Did you know that Troy Aikman, in only six years, has passed for 16,303 yards?
    :D

You had me at hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Did anyone jump in to save them?.

I wouldn't, stupid guards for jumping into the Liffey.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

No gardai jumped into the liffey.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0120/dublin.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I left me alarm clock in the lobby by accident and the gardai blew it up :(

am I entitled to compensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Apparently this was 'an elaborate hoax' according to fm104 news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

There must be several guys who'd just paid for a lapdance in garden of eden. My heart goes out to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

There's been a number of hoaxes across the north quays over the years. What's peoples problem with it!

For this one maybe somebody was making an extortion bid on the hotel group. Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

kbannon wrote: »
    Looking at the traffic cameras the O'Connell bridge hasn't updated in over an hour unlike all the others!
    http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/getting_around/traffic_cameras/

I love the way the Dean st/Patrick St camera looks right down onto the balcony of the apartment on the top floor of nash's pub. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

bcomb wrote: »
    I was in last night when they were doing the evacuation. Got it all on my phone and uploaded it on to youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

That was uncalled for!:mad:;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement