Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ushers Quay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I thought it was no longer Statoil?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

LOL
    The hunter becomes the hunted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭jlang

JHMEG wrote: »
    I thought it was no longer Statoil?
    It's not. From what I heard, Topaz considered them an embarrasement and wouldn't renew their contract. They may still supply them with fuel, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

pity he was caught:D
    was probably fed up of paying ridiculous prices to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.....................€7.19 a litre. :eek: :D

UshersQuayFillingStation2.jpg

You'd imagine that the most expensive filling station in the country would be extra cautious about unnecessarily giving ammunition to it's detractors!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.....................€7.19 a litre. :eek: :D

UshersQuayFillingStation2.jpg

You'd imagine that the most expensive filling station in the country would be extra cautious about unnecessarily giving ammunition to it's detractors!

Is that for real??? :confused:

Orange69 wrote: »
    Is that for real??? :confused:
    Presumably it should read 179.9. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Presumably it should read 179.9. ;)

Oh right, thanks ted... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

It's not a statoil anymore, its a "One Oil" or "One Fuel". Either way they still charge ridiculous prices.
    I did see an ambulance on the forecourt of the garage the other day though. I'm presuming somebody had a heart attack when he realised how much it cost to fill his tank!

pete4130 wrote: »
    I did see an ambulance on the forecourt of the garage the other day though. I'm presuming somebody had a heart attack when he realised how much it cost to fill his tank!
    They pay a different rate. ;).

One Oil!

UshersQuayFillingStation.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

pete4130 wrote: »
    It's not a statoil anymore, its a "One Oil" or "One Fuel". Either way they still charge ridiculous prices.

:D:DI know that's a joke and it is funny... but to ruin it for ya.... The emergency service vehicles in the city have to fill up there for some reason. They have the contract which I think is partly why the fuel is so dear for normal punters, but I don't know the reason (my boss told me, cant remember now). Apologies if I'm just repeating what someone else may have said!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They pay a different rate. ;).
    They paid a different rate when they used their Statoil/Topaz card. Presumably that card doesn't work there now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Rory123 wrote: »
    :D:DI know that's a joke and it is funny... but to ruin it for ya.... The emergency service vehicles in the city have to fill up there for some reason. They have the contract which I think is partly why the fuel is so dear for normal punters, but I don't know the reason (my boss told me, cant remember now). Apologies if I'm just repeating what someone else may have said!!!
    I was told it was the price was set so high as to keep the forecourt clear for it's contract customers eg Gardaí etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

kbannon wrote: »
    They paid a different rate when they used their Statoil/Topaz card. Presumably that card doesn't work there now!

Yes. I had no problem going there and using my benchmark card. Cheap fuel and so handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I was told it was the price was set so high as to keep the forecourt clear for it's contract customers eg Gardaí etc.

That makes no sense. You just could put up a big sign or electronic gate.

Most people don't look at petrol prices.

BostonB wrote: »

Umm... What's the nicest way to put this... Oh yeah... "WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?!":eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

BostonB wrote: »
    That makes no sense. You just could put up a big sign or electronic gate.

60% of us id imagine do look at petrol prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

kbannon wrote: »
    I dunno. I suspect the Statoil sign has been taken down but everything else remains the same. They're obviously still taking the dci card..
    bostonb wrote:
    I'd say 40% don't actually look, but another 40% do and have no idea if it's a good or bad price and fill up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭Esel

[blond] Doesn't bother me, I just get €20 worth. [/blond]

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    [blond] Doesn't bother me, I just get €20 worth. [/blond]
    Post of the day! Legend. Enough said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Rory123 wrote: »
    Umm... What's the nicest way to put this... Oh yeah... "WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON?!":eek:

Everyone talks about them. But few people can tell you how much their tanks holds, or what MPG they get, or the price is in the garages they use, or the cheapest station in their area. Apart from esel. Lots of people put €20 or €50 in each time without checking.

Advertisement