Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transporting dog to ireland

• 20-01-2008 6:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

has anyone information on the best way to transport a dog all (papers cleared) to Ireland from France? I have tried e-mail airlingus and others but no response any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

I'm 99% sure that aer lingus doesn't allow dogs on their planes. When I traveled from Sweden to Ireland a few years ago they didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

Find a greyhound transporter-they'll be able to help you.If you go to a race track someone will be able to tell you where to find one or try Mick Power-he's one of the most highly regarded dog transporters around and a lot of the rescues use him-me included,here's his number:0872574807

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

You could go through Cherbourg on the ferry? Irish Ferries carry dogs from Cherbourg only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

We'd booked to come through France with our two dogs three years ago. We had to book our ticket over the internet first, THEN we could make a separate booking for our dogs. Obviously there was only one cage left and they couldn't be put in the same cage together (we had booked months in advance). I ended up having to travel through England, alone with the dogs - and was 7 months pregnant. My husband had to go through France and we couldn't be reimbursed, so we were loads out of pocket.
    I actually preffered the shorter ferry crossings because then the dogs weren't alone for too long and I stopped plenty for the dogs (and myself by that time)too.
    That was our experience anyway, maybe it's changed now? Our friends left from Ireland to France with one dog and had no problems and the cages were in a nicer place than before.
    Another friend of ours has recently researched this and the only way to fly with a dog from Holland into Ireland is if you stop off in Britain first and get checked over there. There are only a few airports that have vets too, so you'd have to check that out as well. The dogs aren't allowed into the cabin and have to go in the cold cargo.
    Hope this helps?.....Good luck!

Advertisement