Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tail wagging the dog

Options
  • 20-01-2008 8:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance that I could use all the available sections offered to me on this site?

I have been banned for little or no reason fron at least 2 Categories and applied for my membership to be reinstated without any response from the moderators

I make a decent contribution to this site without offending anybody(excluding hypersensitive moderators)Dare I remind a moderator that they should not be confused with what offends him/herself over the reality of free speach and humor and a valid statement,to me its a case of the the tail wagging the dog here

Who is running the show here?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

the reality of free speach

The reality is, there is no free speech here, this is a privately owned website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

The reality is, there is no free speech here, this is a privately owned website.

The reality is that people here only pick out points from a statement and use it against you

It's not being used against you! What kind of persecution complex do you have? It's a clarification, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Decent contributions obviously include looking for a way to clock a company car to evade a limited usage policy, and trolling AH.

Anyway, where were you banned from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The site owners! Given how people are ready to sue these days, the site owners have applied certain policies. This is enforced through a hirearchy of mods and also through the helpful acts of regular posters.
    Boards is currently being sued - do you want more people to sue them?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

banned frpm 2 catagories?

man, you must be a bad person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

People who know how to substantiate an argument. And spell correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

OK guys, you know how this goes...
    • Post the correct cat pictures
    • A page or two of trolling
    • Compare to other idiots

I'll swing by in a day or so and lock it. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

imeddyhobbs : I've reviewed your banning, read your private messages, hacked the planet, and have decided I will not be instructing the cat mods (who btw are my employees) to lift you ban. If you have issue with this stance I implore you to contact the ombudsman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

regi wrote: »
    • Post the correct cat pictures

Given the thread title I think you'll find dog pictures are more appropriate

dognolaughingmatter-mark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

banned frpm 2 catagories?

man, you must be a bad person.

Meh. I'm banned from pet issues (for provoking violence against Chinese fur salesmen) also from P.I. (for recommending violence)

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

lolcat-gathering-chi.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you actually are Eddie Hobbs then you deserved to be banned imo.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Amazing how thousands of people manage to use this site without running foul of these fascist mods.

Is this anything more then a generalised "waaaahhh?"

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

460612747039254418136341_Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

OP: you've an inflated sense of your own importance.

tiger_sign.JPG

How does he pronounce his username?

I pronounce it:

imed (rhymes with chimed)
    dyho (die ho)
    beebs

There y'are: imed-dyho-beebs

Boston wrote: »
    imeddyhobbs : I've reviewed your banning, read your private messages, hacked the planet, and have decided I will not be instructing the cat mods (who btw are my employees) to lift you ban. If you have issue with this stance I implore you to contact the ombudsman.

Fair enough but if a mod tells me(or anybody else)that I am banned for 2 weeks does that really mean that I'm banned forever?I find that aspect kind of confusing!

Just reading all the replys to this thread and i find it amusing,I have a good sense of humor!!But at the same time this feedback thread seems to be the spot to come to too get ridiculed

Anyway there ye go,hope this keeps some of you amused for a while

PS I did not ask for any advice about how to clock a car,I know how to do that!I asked if it was really as easy as I said it was without any consequences like damaging the car

Decent contributions obviously include looking for a way to clock a company car to evade a limited usage policy, and trolling AH.

Anyway, where were you banned from?

I dont even know what trolling is so if I am doing it i'm now aware of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Yeah right.

You going to pad this out with any more detail, and answer the question?

Fair enough but if a mod tells me(or anybody else)that I am banned for 2 weeks does that really mean that I'm banned forever?I find that aspect kind of confusing!

I find your thread confusing.

It starts off saying how you were banned from 2 categories, yet you've had no response from the moderators. Fair enough, that's a perfectly valid reason to take it to feedback. But, you don't even bother to say where you've been banned from, who banned you, and what reasons were give.

Then you start down the "Hurrr, moderators suck, tail wagging the dog, fite da powa!" road, and get very defensive when certain facts are pointed out to you.

You see, there's ways to go about getting unbanned. For example:

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055206122
    http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200819

Ask politely, and it generally gets you unbanned. You started a thread that's full of presumption of moderators being wrong, and you telling us off. What do you expect?

...I am banned for 2 weeks does that really mean that I'm banned forever?

2 weeks only seems like forever. In the case of AH, however, 2 weeks is forever.

In short...

Karl...the lolcats....why karl.....no....lolcats

nerin wrote: »
    Karl...the lolcats....why karl.....no....lolcats

You want lolcats?

the lolcat i inserted died....i always look to you for lolcats...and ur takin ur sweet time....

Banned-putin.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Erm, sorry you'll have to speak up, I'm wagging a dog.

nerin wrote: »
    the lolcat i inserted died....i always look to you for lolcats...and ur takin ur sweet time....

Patience. ;)

Lolcats should be brought up at the appropriate time, not because... Any lolcat I post now would merely be a cynical gesture once it was asked for.

• Advertisement

psi banned me from soccer about a year ago,he told me to get back to him after 2 weeks and i did but he never responded or granted me access.I am also banned from PI for reasons unknown and dont know who banned me

Advertisement