Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tail wagging the dog

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gone very quiey in here (Sligo)

Yeah, I got bored. My attention span, ain't what it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Yeah, I got bored. My attention span, ain't what it used to be.

Keep up the good work so

I find your thread confusing.

It starts off saying how you were banned from 2 categories, yet you've had no response from the moderators. Fair enough, that's a perfectly valid reason to take it to feedback. But, you don't even bother to say where you've been banned from, who banned you, and what reasons were give.

Then you start down the "Hurrr, moderators suck, tail wagging the dog, fite da powa!" road, and get very defensive when certain facts are pointed out to you.

You see, there's ways to go about getting unbanned. For example:

http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055206122
    http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200819

Ask politely, and it generally gets you unbanned. You started a thread that's full of presumption of moderators being wrong, and you telling us off. What do you expect?

It's about 7 against 1 here,ya have to be defensive.
    (notice how i dont pick a line out of a statement)
    Thanks for your help karl!

i think all objectivity on this thread disappeared weeks ago.

not everybody logs into this site everyday,sorry for the delay,i have been meaning to waste more time everyday but i havnt got around to it,i will do my best in the future to login and read dismissive comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

not everybody logs into this site everyday,sorry for the delay,i have been meaning to waste more time everyday but i havnt got around to it,i will do my best in the future to login and read dismissive comments

you are an angry young man.
    I suggest you take a longer time between logging in. It seems that this site does nothing but annoy you.
    Why would you do something that annoys you? bit masochistic, dont you think?

• Advertisement

you are an angry young man.
    I suggest you take a longer time between logging in. It seems that this site does nothing but annoy you.
    Why would you do something that annoys you? bit masochistic, dont you think?

I know that i come accross bad but im really very funny,i vent my anger where people listen!i only have a problem with people that tell me im wrong when i belive im right!im sitting nicely in the third decade of my life too so im not that young.

The reason she won't be unbanning you is because she doesn't mod PI any more therefore she can't unban you. She just doesn't have the power.*

*said in a scotty from star trek accent.

so i have been banned by someone that is not a moderator?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No, it's not possible to be banned by someone who isn't a moderator. You must have missed the "any more" part of my post. She used to be a moderator of personal issues but has since stepped down. She banned you while she was a moderator there but she can't unban you now because she is no longer a moderator there.

Edit: post 69 - Awwwwww right. [/quagmire]

I know that i come accross bad but im really very funny,i vent my anger where people listen!

you sound like half the people who post in PI tbh.

'hi, im funny and witty and good looking, but i cant pick up chicks. SHould i cahnge my car?'
    :)
    i vent my anger where people listen!i.

better to explain your frustration, than vent your anger. people tend to react better to people they feel empathy towards, rather than angry people who yell.
    !i only have a problem with people that tell me im wrong when i belive im right!

You are right to you. You may not be right in the eyes of others. Dont get annoyed at a difference of opinions. Even if you think they are wrong.
    Iim sitting nicely in the third decade of my life too so im not that young.

Its a euphomism, i wasnt actually calling you young. merely using a well known saying. You tend to pick up on these things and twist them into something that isnt said or meant. its annoying. becuase.....

youv done exactly the same thing here.

youre not a stupid person, so I can only assume you have taken this incorrectly on purpose. Which annoys people, becuase then they feel youre just being a smart arse. This will make people want to help you less. Then we get cat pictures, and it all goes to rubbish.

Now, answer me this.

Is there still a real issue here, and what is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

psi banned me from soccer about a year ago,he told me to get back to him after 2 weeks and i did but he never responded or granted me access.I am also banned from PI for reasons unknown and dont know who banned me

Access restored to soccer.

I couldnt find a PM from 2 eeks after your ban, but I did find one directly after.

In any case, I may have missed/deleted it... apologies (in these cases, its perfectly OK to send me a second PM nudge) :)

• Advertisement

psi wrote: »
    Access restored to soccer.

I couldnt find a PM from 2 eeks after your ban, but I did find one directly after.

In any case, I may have missed/deleted it... apologies (in these cases, its perfectly OK to send me a second PM nudge) :)

do you eek after a nudge?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

This thread is
    phpbyd799gl1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

do you eek after a nudge?

Only in bed.

Advertisement