Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax clearance certs

• 20-01-2008 8:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Many people especially the self imployed find them selves out of work if they can not provide a tax clearance certificate to revenue. Untill recently I have never heard of a self imployed person being excempted on the basis that they have applied for a tax clearance cert. But now we find our head of state, or second in command after the president being allowed to function without being tax compliant.

If I was self employed and looking at the double standard in this country, I would be far from amused. Were I a taxi driver or doorman being in the position that i cant work unless I provide a tax clearance certificate I would be fumeing. This man in private sessions with the tribunal has been giving the chance to talk candit and bear all, after failing to this now complains of a witch hunt, We listen now to senior members of the Government slam a tribunal they claimed to indorce not to long ago.

Could it be that this tribunal is doing a job it was never expected to do. could it be that an accountant really dosent rember his figures. Judges and lawers indirectly expect favours from Government. Most senior post in the Law courts are decided by Government, would it be stupid to think that Government never really expected this tribunal to really investigate. Now we find the opposition leader being accused of treason because he asked unfavourable questions of our leader while out of the country.
    This kind of noncence would lead you to think it's not just one rotton egg in the basket. personally I feel this tribunal is needed to clense this country of a baggage of corruption that has existed far to long.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Spam - Samsham PM me if it's not spam and just a thread in the wrong forum and I'll move it.

John

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement