Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acrylic Nails

• 20-01-2008 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guys!

Do any of you have any recomendations for places in Dublin that do Acrylic Nails? I'm looking to get them done next weekend once i'm paid, but the place I was recommended to [Therapie, Molesworth Street] no longer does them!

Any recomendations would be perfect :)

Ta!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The nail bar in Clery's is good for gel nails. Not sure if they do Acrylic though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

would not recommend gel nails in clery's (friends bad experience) and they're overpriced in there. but would recommend you get gel over acrylic. are you looking for somewhere in city centre? i know a couple places that do them well. pm me if you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

in the tanning shop in d'otlier st the girl there is great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would never get Acrylic nails. I got them in the states and they ruined my nails. Get gel nails instead, seriously! I like Blow in Dun Laoghaire or leeson Street myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinny

Lilee wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Do any of you have any recomendations for places in Dublin that do Acrylic Nails? I'm looking to get them done next weekend once i'm paid, but the place I was recommended to [Therapie, Molesworth Street] no longer does them!

Ta!

Hi I recommend the Nail Zone in Clerys too they are very good in there I've been having my gel nails done there for over a year now and I don't find them expensive, the Manager in there is actually very good to me giving me little freebies now and again. I had acrylics done before in the states but to be honest I much prefer the gels they look more natural.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pinny

watna wrote: »
    I would never get Acrylic nails. I got them in the states and they ruined my nails. Get gel nails instead, seriously! I like Blow in Dun Laoghaire or leeson Street myself.

hope you didn't take this advice I had my nails done in blow before in leeson street oh my god they butchered me and when I complained they made me feel awful - that's how I found the nail zone in clerys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

hi i also reccomend clerys really nice people and very good price i thought :D

i would defo go for gel nails as stated above they are more natural looking

hope this helps !! :)

XxlauraxX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I've got both gel and acrylic nails and I liked both equally. The first time I got gel nails though, they were awful due to the technician's incompetance.

I got the acrylics done in the nail place in Suze's Hairdressers in Rathfarnham about 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Lo23

I've had both acrylic and gel nails...i prefer acrylic beacuse they dont break as easily. i get mine done in Mink in Ballsbridge, they also have a Salon in Donnybrook, website is www.mink.ie.
    I cannot recommend Mink enough-so professional, friendly and clean!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aoife100

Hi guys,

The new nail bar on Trinity Street is the cheapest I've found around for Acrylic or Gel nails, €65.00 a set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aoife100

oh its called NB, as in NAIL BAR, www.nbnailbar.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

I have to recommend Velvet on ormond quay! Really good for gel nails, dont get acrylic, waste of money when they chip and start to fall off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

clerys nailbar are very good, joanne is the best person for doing them, very professional. velvet are not good, i would not recommend going there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Well maybe I will try out the nail bar in clerys. But so far I have had zero problems with Velvet, never lost a nail and every 4 weeks I always walk out loving my new nails. A girls gotta have her nails :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭CorkLady1983

sure everyone's has a different experience, got a few bad refills there and decided to go elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fionamcd

Lilee wrote: »
    Hi guys!

Ta!

hey i do acrylic nails from my home opp howth train station i have secure parking too. i charge €40 when you mention boards.ie, normally i charge €45. thats for a full set with white tips, refills are €35 if you want to call me my num is 085- 141 98 93 and my name is fiona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lollipop

Go to Joanne in Clerys...a full set of tips is €60 which is 25euro cheaper than nail bar. I'd definitely recommend her!!

Advertisement