Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fashion advice Plz?

• 20-01-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi everyone, bit of a trivial dilemna here but one that takes up an unecessary amount of my time. I just cant find a style to suit me and no matter what I buy I end up not liking them a few days later. I need to be comfy as Im basically driving around all week with the baby and I cant drive in heels yet but as I apparently look 16 I want to dress older-ish. At the mo I live in desert boots and jeans but I feel **** when I see other girls my age looking cool and trendy.

Would like to hear any opinions or advice. Also, guys, what do you like/hate to see a girl wearing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Fashion & Appearance.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

How about some skinny jeans with ballet slippers?
    Or you could wear small heels but have some flats in the car just for driving.
    You could also wear a skirt with flat boots.
    Uggs are super comfy, maybe a pair of them? They look good with most casual outfits.
    Long t shirts and tops are in, as are smocks, They are comfy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Keep the jeans lose the desert boots! I don't know what body shape you are or what you feel comfortable in but I'm a huge fan of dressing quite basically but with gorgeous accessories.
    So Jeans, flats or jeans and boots with layers - white tshirt under V-neck sweater with fab scarf, bracelet and jacket.
    I find if you sort your hair out you can get away with dressing alot more casual too.
    Dresses with black tights are good this time of year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Pythia wrote: »
    How about some skinny jeans with ballet slippers?
    Or you could wear small heels but have some flats in the car just for driving.
    You could also wear a skirt with flat boots.
    Uggs are super comfy, maybe a pair of them? They look good with most casual outfits.
    Long t shirts and tops are in, as are smocks, They are comfy too.

The skinny jeans and ballet flats is always a good look ;) If you wanted something a little less casual, you could always wear a skirt or dress with opaque tights and ballet flats. You could also try some low kitten heels or pointy flats for more dressy shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hi everyone, bit of a trivial dilemna here but one that takes up an unecessary amount of my time. I just cant find a style to suit me and no matter what I buy I end up not liking them a few days later. I need to be comfy as Im basically driving around all week with the baby and I cant drive in heels yet but as I apparently look 16 I want to dress older-ish. At the mo I live in desert boots and jeans but I feel **** when I see other girls my age looking cool and trendy.

Would like to hear any opinions or advice. Also, guys, what do you like/hate to see a girl wearing?

Not hugely interested in shoes, but tight blue jeans is an absolute must. Dresses can be very sexy too.

Personally I dislike short skirts (or skirts of any kind) and high heels, but I have a feeling I am in the minority in that respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

how tall are you? The others are right ballet shoes are so comfy and look lovely with jeans or trousers penneys have loads of them at the moment. Unfortunately Im short so I can't wear mine with most of my trousers!
    You could also get a nice pair of combats I got some in river island and they are so soft and comfy.

Have you thought about going shopping with a friend and trying on lots of things to see how they look? Theres so many things that look nicer on you that on the hanger and vice versa. Some shops like topshop also do a fashion advice service if you explain the look you want to go for they can help you pick out some items

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Sorry everyone, just got my computer back! Im 5ft 4 and size 8 or 10. Thanks for the ideas, going to go go shopping now!:)

Advertisement