Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Internet Explorer is Not Responding"

Options
  • 20-01-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

I'm getting this <censored!> message all the time on my laptop in Dublin.

My signal strenght is excellent, but I can't access the programme. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I rectify it?

I called up BT and they said that it was either a problem with the Internet Explorer programme or Windows XT itself. The technician recommended downloading another internet browser like Firefox, hmmm, how exactly am I supposed to do that if I Internet Explorer isn't working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 +Jim+

Hi,

This problem has nothing to do with your internet provider or connection, the support technician you spoke with was correct.

I would look at repairing Internet Explorer or your Windows installation, among other things.

My suugested actions, in no particular order:

Try to remove or disable any and all add-ins you may have installed for Internet Explorer (Tools menu, Programs Tab, click Manage Add-Ins)

Pop in your windows cd, then click 'Start', 'Run', type "sfc /scannow" - will replace all damaged windows system files.

Upgrade to Internet Explorer 7.

Remove and Reinstall Internet Explorer (Add/Remove Programs, Windows Components)

Use up-to-date AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs (recommend Nod32/X-oft Spy) to scan for Virus/Spyware problems

Perform a Repair Install of Windows.

There are lots and lots of options,

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Well, it turns out Internet Explorer works if I connect to Linksys, but not BT.

Also Mozilla Firefox won't work via BT either

Advertisement