Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for no justified reason

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I was referring to the time it took me to reply to your pm. You sent yours at 13:51 and I replied at 14:02. So mia culpa, I was wrong. It wasn't half an hour, it was 11 minutes.

Yes but I posted this thread before I sent the PM.

Hey, you're the one bitching about being banned, because your failure of an alliance didn't take off. Why? Who cares? I certainly don't.

Your alliance flopped, BAPS did not. Get over it

This is why I said But so what,all the "work" was gone to waste and no one cares so please stop your whinning.

So please, get over yourself. I didn't kill your thread. I merely stopped you from trolling the recruitment thread for BAPS.

It was deleted a couple hours after being made.Yes I did spam the BAPS sign up and I was justifibly being an arse wipe by doing so back then but you did delete our thread none the less after there were talks of fourming the Fianna.

I did gloat,so what,Baps members gloat to me when my nations was crushedd in the last GW ((besides the fact that your side lost))and I did in my last post in the thread say how aobut we all put our diffrences asside and set up a new CN alliance in place of BAPs,one in which would get a better start off and would incourage more Irish players to join.My first two posts did contain gloating but then I stopped that to do something constructive.and your not in a position to tell me to grow up from you banning me because I gloated about the falling of one CN alliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

nevf wrote: »
    I agree that the OP was deserving of a ban because of trolling mainly, not so much insulting or offensive language.

Secondly, Amp, I do feel that your ban attitute can be slightly excessive sometimes.

When I first joined Boards, when I had 44posts, most of them posts on TCN, you banned me. I was being stupid, yes, I know, i was being a total dumbass. But you never pm'd me to tell me why or how I got banned, and it's only looking back on it now that I realise what i was doing. I pm'd you to ask you why, and I offered an apology, but to which i was never granted a reply. I opened a thread in Feedback, and I never got a reply from amp. I must admit, that I did feel insulted when that happened. I then went on to create another account NevF61, to which was banned immediatley.

I'm just telling my side of the story, and tbh, I'm not too bothered about it, and therefore, I can't be arsed opening a new thread over such a petty issue. I also understand that if you are completely laid back, you are opening yourself to even more problems, but I feel there is a happy medium in there somewhere that has not being reached by many of the mods around here. Yet, i do fully respect that some mods have to neglect a social life, to have to come on here every night to sift through endless hours of crap.

I also feel that warnings for minor things are good to have, but when it comes to direct things like people trolling or spamming the Boards that they will be treated by a permanent ban. I think temporary bans are more efective than warnings to be honest. (eg. for maybe a week or a month). Just telling you my side of the story. Thats all.

I'm afraid your not telling all of your side of the story. You see you posted to the thread entitled "Post in this thread to get permanently banned. (EXTREME STUPIDITY FILTER)" in which the first post contains the following text:
    Hi,

It occurs to me that some people might actually want to be banned from this forum but don't wish to go to the trouble of pm'ing me. This thread is for your convienence.

Anybody (apart from me, and ANYBODY ELSE I CAN'T ACTUALLY BAN) posting to this thread will be permanently banned.

I'm not kidding.

Have a nice day.

As far as I'm concerned anybody who ignores the various warnings, including the many posts by me, telling of people getting banned, is too stupid for me to reply to.

I generally don't react to stupid people. You are a stupid person. At least you were, maybe you're not that stupid right now, but you were back then.

I do not pm people when I ban them. Why? Because I am a firm believer pissing people off in order to teach them how to behave properly. If you haven't the decency to read a short charter explaining how to avoid being banned then you simply aren't worth the effort.

So, no, I do not pm people I ban. Because I only ever ban really stupid people. Like Seloth or FlutterinBantam or any of the hundreds of people I have banned in the past. Get clever, read the charters, and you'll have no trouble with me.

Seloth wrote: »
    I was referring to the time it took me to reply to your pm. You sent yours at 13:51 and I replied at 14:02. So mia culpa, I was wrong. It wasn't half an hour, it was 11 minutes.

Yes but I posted this thread before I sent the PM.

i]Hey, you're the one bitching about being banned, because your failure of an alliance didn't take off. Why? Who cares? I certainly don't.[/i]

Your alliance flopped, BAPS did not. Get over it

This is why I said But so what,all the "work" was gone to waste and no one cares so please stop your whinning.

So please, get over yourself. I didn't kill your thread. I merely stopped you from trolling the recruitment thread for BAPS.

It was deleted a couple hours after being made.Yes I did spam the BAPS sign up and I was justifibly being an arse wipe by doing so back then but you did delete our thread none the less after there were talks of fourming the Fianna.

I did gloat,so what,Baps members gloat to me when my nations was crushedd in the last GW ((besides the fact that your side lost))and I did in my last post in the thread say how aobut we all put our diffrences asside and set up a new CN alliance in place of BAPs,one in which would get a better start off and would incourage more Irish players to join.My first two posts did contain gloating but then I stopped that to do something constructive.and your not in a position to tell me to grow up from you banning me because I gloated about the falling of one CN alliance.

I think I am in a position to tell you to grow up. I'm a moderator. This is my position. I can and will tell you what to do, and as long as you don't like that, you don't get to post in Webgames.

As far as the rest of your post in concerned, I really can't understand it. I know you have dyslexia but I genuinely don't understand what you're trying to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I agree that the OP was deserving of a ban because of trolling mainly, not so much insulting or offensive language.

Secondly, Amp, I do feel that your ban attitute can be slightly excessive sometimes.

When I first joined Boards, when I had 44posts, most of them posts on TCN, you banned me. I was being stupid, yes, I know, i was being a total dumbass. But you never pm'd me to tell me why or how I got banned, and it's only looking back on it now that I realise what i was doing. I pm'd you to ask you why, and I offered an apology, but to which i was never granted a reply. I opened a thread in Feedback, and I never got a reply from amp. I must admit, that I did feel insulted when that happened. I then went on to create another account NevF61, to which was banned immediatley.

I'm just telling my side of the story, and tbh, I'm not too bothered about it, and therefore, I can't be arsed opening a new thread over such a petty issue. I also understand that if you are completely laid back, you are opening yourself to even more problems, but I feel there is a happy medium in there somewhere that has not being reached by many of the mods around here. Yet, i do fully respect that some mods have to neglect a social life, to have to come on here every night to sift through endless hours of crap.

I also feel that warnings for minor things are good to have, but when it comes to direct things like people trolling or spamming the Boards that they will be treated by a permanent ban. I think temporary bans are more efective than warnings to be honest. (eg. for maybe a week or a month). Just telling you my side of the story. Thats all.

You think the thread title would have been warning enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

amp wrote: »
    I'm afraid your not telling all of your side of the story. You see you posted to the thread entitled "Post in this thread to get permanently banned. (EXTREME STUPIDITY FILTER)" in which the first post contains the following text:
    Yep, that was me being stupid, and I didn't even remember that i had posted in there. My ban was well deserved, I never denied that.
    As far as I'm concerned anybody who ignores the various warnings, including the many posts by me, telling of people getting banned, is too stupid for me to reply to. I generally don't react to stupid people. You are a stupid person. At least you were, maybe you're not that stupid right now, but you were back then.
    I do not pm people when I ban them. Why? Because I am a firm believer pissing people off in order to teach them how to behave properly. If you haven't the decency to read a short charter explaining how to avoid being banned then you simply aren't worth the effort.
    Yes, I was a stupid person, and to be quite honest, I think Boards.ie was one of the first forums I ever signed up to, because it was just after I turned 13 afaik, and just after i got broadband. I was an idiot back then, but I was still insulted that i didn't get a reply. You could have at least replied to one? Even if you just told me to feck off, and briefly explained what I did wrong, I would have been happy just to go away. I didn't even know what a charter was back then tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

What you did wrong was in the thread title. I can't believe you're highlighting your past behavior in this way.

How is it hard to understand,every itlaic is your post with my reply,the second time I tialic It was missing a [ which I fixed and shouldn thave made much of a diffrence showing you are indeed lazy.

Yep, that was me being stupid, and I didn't even remember that i had posted in there. My ban was well deserved, I never denied that.

Yes, I was a stupid person, and to be quite honest, I think Boards.ie was one of the first forums I ever signed up to, because it was just after I turned 13 afaik, and just after i got broadband. I was an idiot back then, but I was still insulted that i didn't get a reply. You could have at least replied to one? Even if you just told me to feck off, and briefly explained what I did wrong, I would have been happy just to go away. I didn't even know what a charter was back then tbh :D

Seriously, you wanted me to explain how posting to a thread entitled "Post here to be permanently banned (Extreme Stupidity Filter)" would cause you to be permanently banned?

I'm sorry but I just can't underclock my brain that low.

How is it hard to understand,every itlaic is your post with my reply,the second time I tialic It was missing a [ which I fixed and shouldn thave made much of a diffrence showing you are indeed lazy.

No, not lazy, just can't understand the points you are making. Can you rephrase them maybe and be sure I will reply in full!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ah yes the ban thread!

Many funny moments.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I never understood why people appealed when being banned by posting in that topic. So confusing. And odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's like a "Wet Paint" sign. People complain then when they get wet paint all over their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Seriously, you wanted me to explain how posting to a thread entitled "Post here to be permanently banned (Extreme Stupidity Filter)" would cause you to be permanently banned?

I'm sorry but I just can't underclock my brain that low.
    No, it was just that I had forgotten back then that i had posted in that thread and therefore failed to see how i was banned. Thats how stupid I was....

I don't care anymore. I know what I did wrong and I accept it. I just felt that you were slightly OTT with the way you did immediately ban people for little things. That was my situation back then, and I know now exactly what i did wrong, but I wasn't as intelligent then....

No, it was just that I had forgotten back then that i had posted in that thread and therefore failed to see how i was banned. Thats how stupid I was....

I don't care anymore. I know what I did wrong and I accept it. I just felt that you were slightly OTT with the way you did immediately ban people for little things. That was my situation back then, and I know now exactly what i did wrong, but I wasn't as intelligent then....

So your saying I was slightly OTT for immediately banning you when you posted in a thread entitled "Post here to be permanently banned". Hmm. Ok. No. Not really seeing how I was OTT. But please, continue to not care, and accept you were wrong while at the same time telling me I was OTT.

Right, that's my stupidity quota for the day.

As it turns out, AMAZINGLY!, the user who suggested that their ban was entirely unjustified was spectacularly wrong! Therefore this thread is over!

BRING ON THE KITTIES! LET THIS THREAD RIVAL ANIMAL SHELTERS THROUGHOUT THE LAND!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

So, no, I do not pm people I ban. Because I only ever ban really stupid people. Like Seloth or FlutterinBantam or any of the hundreds of people I have banned in the past. Get clever, read the charters, and you'll have no trouble with me.

I have come across rude arrogant people in my time, but you are well up there my friend.

however i won't give you the satisfaction of banning me for insulting you,much as I'd like to do.

The way you treated Nevf was nothing short of despicable,hope it made your sad little day.

amp I am only stupid in your eyes as I disagree and gloated about your alliances destruction,how that is idocy I do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Gloating is usually pretty idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

amp I am only stupid in your eyes as I disagree and gloated about your alliances destruction,how that is idocy I do not know.

Not just in Amp's eyes, tbh :rolleyes:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, you gloated and got kicked in backside.

All seems well with the world imho...

Oh and as for the people complaining about being banned for posting in the "post here to get banned" thread... like really, honestly, did you think it was a big april fool or something?

Wow. I didnt think people could BE that dumb. Sorry for being blunt but really. I mean, come on.

DeV.
    ps: did someone suggest that Boston was Amp's paid bitch in this thread? ahahah... so funneh!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Maybe he posted in the thread on opposite day. Was it opposite day when you posted there, Seloth?

• Advertisement

Gloating is usually pretty idiotic.

Depednign on the situation.Such as during the CN great world war 3 Baps said it would win even though the stats were showing they wouldnt,and then some gloated to me as of my near destruction and saying my alliance was soon to fail.Well come one like,your allowed revenge.

But say if for example it was say some one gloating which I hear nearly ever morning from well all in all Knackers mocking a guy as a soccer team lost yet they're team lost they're match the night before.

meh,lets leave it at that since everything seems to be sorted out.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, lets leave it at that. Because I havent the faintest what you just said. :eek:

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement