Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nickname on a jersey

• 20-01-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Wife got me a beloved Liverpool jersey for a Christmas present, i was ecstatic, until I turn it around and it says "Dangerous 9" on the back, My nickname amongst my friends for years has been Dangerous Dave, and its a laugh. All stemmed from me knocking over a table of drinks in a pub by accident one night and my best pal says "Jesus Dave your Dangerous". And it stuck, only problem I have is the jersey might look weird to people who don't know me, ie: Security Guards in a shop I might go into. Etc Etc

Opinions please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It's probably just a shade less crap than havign your own real name. :)

Ah women, bless them.

By own real name I mean 2nd name. Your own first name is in a league of its own for crapness. I have seen it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,490 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No offence but i find that having their own name or nickname on back of jersey is a bit crap alright...

Sorry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep it's either a player or nothing. Own names look ridiculous, especially first ones. As for nicknames......lol. It is a nice gesture and all that but I wouldn't wear it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Divorce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is there anywhere you can get it removed....? ¬_¬

I wouldn't worry about security guards, lol, but it does look lame!

• Advertisement

Just wear a second jersey underneath. Leave the gaff with the one she got on top then half way down the road whip it off and stash it in a bush til you get back. No one gets hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Maybe we should get PHB a united one with Viper on the back?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

One of my mates in school had 'KOC' on the back of his Liverpool jersey.

Hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

At least its no. 9, the one Liverpool player who is actually dangerous. Other than "God", its never as good as Torres on the back but nothing to stop you from wearing a jacket. Besides, at least she got the team right. Couldve been a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My 21st present from a couple of mates was a Spurs jersey with Murph 21 on it. I thought it was a nice gesture and wore it with pride. Someone did pass a comment about not being able to afford the Y which I couldn't find a comeback fast enough ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

One of my mates in school had 'KOC' on the back of his Liverpool jersey.

Hilarious.

Did he catch the fella who wrote it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

know a fella whos second name is hutchenson and he got "hutchy 10" on the back of his united jersey, in those shíte generic letters you get in a t-shirt printing shop, not even official premiership or cl lettering, sums up the kind of person he is perfectly though, people will know he's a half wit just walking up the street now, they wont have to get to know him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

back in 94 when we were in the world cup, me and my mates decided to get our favourite players on the back of our Ireland jerseys. We had no money so we all chipped in and bought a permanent marker and did some DIY printing!

Needless to say our parents wernt to happy that we ruined or new jerseys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

people will know he's a half wit just walking up the street now, they wont have to get to know him

Sure the United jersey alone would give that away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

dbnavan wrote: »

Opinions please!

"Dangerous 9" on the back of a jersey? Seems rather gay to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Nightmare, I feel for you mate.

Here's an idea, get it framed with the name/number facing out and hang it in the games room (if you're posh/lucky enough to have one). You're mates will get the reference, shows pride in your club and randomers in the street won't think you're a k-nob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

dbnavan wrote: »
    the jersey might look weird to people who don't know me, ie: Security Guards in a shop I might go into. Etc Etc
    Don't worry, the fact that it's a Liverpool jersey will be reason enough to raise their suspicions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

put it in the washing machine at 60 degrees, itll accidentally come off.

Happened to me once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ErinGoBrath had the right idea, frame it and say "Its too important to wear out incase i ruin it!" - A woman will defo buy that!

You cannot pull off having your own name on a jersey after than age of 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Edit Torres wiki page and say his nickname is Dangerous.....easy really.

ask PHB for help and info :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My nickname to my mates is `Bomber` and I was going to play a gaelic match and I noticed that they put it over my number in marker! :D Don't worry mate... its just a laugh, I'm sure your mates would enjoy it...

Edit: BTW......
    Viper

Nuff' said...

Nailz wrote: »
    Edit: BTW......
    Viper

Nuff' said...

Oh lord somebody from here's gonna go do that to a United jersey aren't they?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Who cares?

If you're going to wear a football jersey around you're going to be making a certain statement anyway; whether you've got a nickname on the back or not makes **** all difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Treble

One for home and one for away! Deadly!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Get some Maori face tatoos - will distract from the jersey.

'Eire 32' on a Celtic jersey FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mate of mine got a Newcastle jersey in Elverys at a reduced price because it had "Ballbag 9" on the back of it. Think it cost a tenner.

Have seen a guy in an Arsenal jersey with

Freddie
    8's
    Spurs

on the back. Just as well it wasn't "The Hammers" he hated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Said it before and ill say it again, my mate has the worst name on the back of one of his United jerseys........

Kleberson

Archimedes wrote: »
    Said it before and ill say it again, my mate has the worst name on the back of one of his United jerseys........

Kleberson

Hardly much worse than calling Anderson "God" after a handful of appearances... :D

A mate of mine has a Celtic jersey with McGeady 46 on the back, come to think of it. After a few washes, as always seems to happen with his jerseys, some letters began to peel. We were on the way down to a game in Oriel Park where one side was wearing Celtic jerseys and the others had to wear blue. Anyway, he was driving and a couple of us in the back spotted that the letters that had peeled had only left "Mc G A Y" on the back. He got really pissed and I ended up having the distinct privelege of wearing the jersey for the big occasion. Comical stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Well, he's no Gareth Bale thats for sure....

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well, he's no Gareth Bale thats for sure....

Don't think I ever called him God anyway, us Southampton fans are very touchy about that name after a certain Channel Islander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Pahars was from Latvia!!!!!

Advertisement