Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband: Question

Options
  • 20-01-2008 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Which one is for me? Clearwire, 3, 02, vodaphone? 3 seems to be the cheapest but i want a network that's fast enough, and has a decent download limit, and as few problems as possible. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

3 and Clearwire a complete joke. Try the other two and see if you can get decent speeds with them. 3 and Clearwire are a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

What makes them so bad? 3 seem to have the best value. Is it slow or hard to connect? What about Irish broadband; ripwave and breeze etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

Yep, have to agree with brim4brim..... CLEARWIRE are the very last resort for you....Im in between bray and greystones and its my only option. You would seriously be better with dialup. Forget about sending anything over 1mb , using a messenger, skype, cam and they block torrents. And if a penguin farts in the antarctic you'll be lucky to get 2kb's....... you think i'm joking!!!
    j:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Im using Clearwire in Wexford, ive had it about 6 weeks now and i find it perfect.
    Im constantly downloading from rapidshare on a 1mbps connection and have a constant 120+kb speed.

Its only new down here so perhaps im counting my chickens a bit prematurely but at the moment i have no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dagged

I not recommend Clearwire. I had one and there always was a problems, I had to reset my laptop every 40 minutes, same story with my PC. Next there was a problems with a speed. Very bad service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement