Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torrents on Ripwave

Options
  • 20-01-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi I'm am using utorrent on ripwave 512k broadband, and am getting between 10k across all my downloads during the day and perhaps 20k at night. These are well seeded downloads.

Is there anything I can do to play around with the settings on utorrent to make these go slightly faster? Especially at night when I'm not surfing and have more bandwith to allocate?

Saying that my html downloads never get much beyond 20k either so is what Im hoping for just impossible?

Why can't we have 8mb broadband for £20 here like in the UK :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Firstly, you usually need to forward a port and im not sure you can do that with ripwave.
    Secondly... even if you were to do that, and get full speed then the most you would probably get is about 51k since you only have 512kbs broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Also remember your torrents are usually from the US.
    Taking into account the time difference, most of the
    americans are in work/in bed and wouldn't have their
    home computers on during the night.
    Hence the slow day speeds and slightly faster night speeds.

Advertisement