Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How the test is marked.

Options
  • 20-01-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

I'm aware of the Xs, 9 and you fail, 6 under one heading you fail or 4 of one kind and you fail, but I've seen talk of grade 2s, and 3s. What is the story with those? And are there any automatic fails?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

I've got my test on Tuesday, so I've been getting lots of pre-test lessons. There are 3 types of marks: green, blue and red. A green mark is a very slight mistake and doesn't matter in terms of marks. A blue (grade 2) mark is given for example, not indicating in time, incorrect road position, not looking in mirrors when indicating, brushing off kerbs, breaking amber lights etc. A red (grade 3) mark is given for mounting a kerb during the reverse around a corner, not stopping at a stop line/sign, cutting corners badly (as this is considered to be driving on wrong side of the road), breaking red lights, etc. A red mark constitutes an automatic fail. As far as I know, the test sheet is included at the back of the rules of the road so you should have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

obl wrote: »
    I'm aware of the Xs, 9 and you fail, 6 under one heading you fail or 4 of one kind and you fail, but I've seen talk of grade 2s, and 3s. What is the story with those? And are there any automatic fails?
    It's all in the back of the Rules of the Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

And in my oral test, can I pick up any blues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

The tester has a sheet with all the various driving skills you should have and show during the test. Its divided into three colours Green [grade 1] blue[grade 2] and Red [grade 3] A grade 1 is for minor things - they don't count towards passing or failing the test but they are things that you should be aware your weak on and should look to improve in your driving.

Grades 2's are the bigger faults - if you get 9 or more ticks in a grade 2 box you fail. [or 6 under one heading etc etc]

Grade 3's are the big ones - one grade 3 is a fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

And in my oral test, can I pick up any blues?

yes the questions, name the road sign, engine check and car control checks are all one section. You won't get a grade 2 for getting one thing wrong but if you get more then 3 wrong its a grade 2

• Advertisement
Advertisement