Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car parked or 16months

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nightwish wrote: »
    I've a similar problem,in my estate where there are public spaces opposite the houses on the street. Since I moved in last July, there's been a 02 reg silver 5 series BMW parked in a space. No-one knows who owns it, the tax and insurance was up in September. I reported it to the cops as its becoming a bit of an eyesore and taking up a parking space (at weekends it can be pretty hard to get parking). They said they'd sed up someone to have a look at it and check if its stolen. That was 2 weeks ago and I still havent heard anything and the car is still there. What department in the council should I contact to get it removed?
    Environment dept in the council. AFAIK they have to write to the owner as listed by the VRO in Shannon and if nothing happens they can remove the car. Could take a month or more.

If the reg plates magically disappeared, they could take the car away immediately. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bond-007 wrote: »
    If the reg plates magically disappeared, they could take the car away immediately. :D

Why is this? I've seen it mentioned on Boards several times? Just wondering why it seems the Council won't touch a car with plates but as soon as the plates are gone they act immediately. Proof of ownership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I believe it is deemed to be abandoned by the owner once the plates are removed.

Advertisement