Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using 3g phone as modem?

Options
  • 20-01-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to use my 3G handset as a modem on either pc or mac? I'm with 3 and have a nokia 6380. Currently surfing the net and writing this post with my phone. As a result my thumb is knackered! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

It certainly is possible to use your 3G phone as a modem but beware the charges.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/13/mobe_bill/

mj

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

sturgo wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to use my 3G handset as a modem on either pc or mac? I'm with 3 and have a nokia 6380. Currently surfing the net and writing this post with my phone. As a result my thumb is knackered! Cheers.

It is but your best bet is to use it in tandem with a decent data plan, such as that offered by O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

I got the interweb going on my laptop with the nokia 6280 on the 3 network. I'm currently on GPRS but considering I'm up the wicklow mountains and there's absolutely no other ISP available, it's not too bad.

Currently paying €5.99 a month for 100MB.

Thanks

Advertisement