Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelandsown's quest for a beach body

Options
  • 20-01-2008 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Well I'm planning on going travelling later on this year and would like to be proud of my body when strutting my stuff on the beach. I am very active but I do know my diet needs to change. I eat far too much carbs, particulary brown bread.

For example this week:

Monday: 6 mile run
    Tuesday: Gym 40 mins cardio/Weight Abs, Arms, Legs
    Wednesday: Gym 40 mins cardio/Weight Abs, Arms, Legs
    Friday: Gym 40 mins cardio/Weight Abs, Arms, Legs
    Sunday: Gym 40 mins cardio/Weight Abs, Arms, Legs

I ran the Dublin Marathon back in October and lost alot about 1.5 stone training for that. I also play soccer and usually train on Thursdays and play a match on Sundays.

My stats are:

Weight : 13st 8lb - 86.3kg
    Height: 5'10,4" - 1,79 m

BMI 26.9

Body Fat (%): 23.6%

My typical daily food intake would be something like:

Breakfast: Porridge + Banana or Wholemeal Scone
    Tea with one sugar

11:00: Coffee with one sugar

Lunch: Chicken, bacon, cheese panini
    Pint of milk

15:00: Coffee with one sugar
    Club Milk

Dinner: Sometimes could be one of the following a bowl of cereal, beans on toast, toasted sandwich. Not much of a cook :rolleyes:

22:00: Tea and some fig rolls.

Just creating this log to give me a much needed kick in the arse. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that may help then by all means feel free to post. I know the diet has to change and that will be addressed first.

Advertisement