Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sparks

Options
  • 20-01-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone a fan? I've recently discovered their single This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both of Us - can't get enough of it. It's fantastic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

the album they released in 2006 with the rabbits on the front was brilliant! in my top 5 that year.
    i had never heard of them before ! i was listening to them in the kitchen one day and my dad goes, " is that sparks?"
    i nearly dropped dead!
    i said ya and how did he know and he said, they were around in the 70s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hey Dudess welcome to 1974! :p I've had that track since then belive it or not (on a compilation for that years Biggest Hits (as advertised on TV). The Mael Bros have been turning out some of pops most pop-tastic material for 35 years on and off.

Mike.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

hello young lovers is one of the best albums of the last 5 years. Seeing them live at EP was also one of my most favourite gigs, i've never been in a more happy and welcoming crowd.

Baby baby can i invade your country.... anytime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bod1

Sparks are fantastic, Nr 1 song all over heaven is a classic as is tips for teens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

lordgoat wrote: »
    hello young lovers is one of the best albums of the last 5 years. Seeing them live at EP was also one of my most favourite gigs, i've never been in a more happy and welcoming crowd.

Baby baby can i invade your country.... anytime!

One of my most treasured, and sought, musical moments. Pity they only had 25 minutes or so it seemed.

Lil Beethoven from 2002 is the greatest comeback album of all time, its better than Hello Young Lovers which is a mindbendingly great album. The Sparks holy trinity has to be Kimono My House, Propaganda and Indiscreet though: This town..., Amature Hour, Here in heaven, Thank God its not Christmas, Hasta Mañana Monsieur, Equator, At Home, At Work, At Play, Reinforcements, B.C, Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth, Something for the Girl with Everything, Achoo, Hospitality On Parade, Happy Hunting Ground, Without Using Hands, Get In The Swing, It Ain't 1918, In The Future, Looks, Looks, Looks - brilliant song after brilliant song and then they go and invent electro pop:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sparks are to play 21 nights in London, they will play an album every night then premier the new one for the 21st show!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

mike65 wrote: »
    Sparks are to play 21 nights in London, they will play an album every night then premier the new one for the 21st show!

Mike.

Incredible! Has anyone ever attempted anything so audacious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Prince was supposed to do something similar last year but didn't it get cancelled?
    Thanks for all the Sparks info, guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,227 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Crikey I remember them first time round - I'm delighted they're still finding fans.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dudess wrote: »
    Prince was supposed to do something similar last year but didn't it get cancelled?
    Thanks for all the Sparks info, guys.

As far as i know, prince played (at least some of the shows) last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement