Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History - Case Studies

Options
  • 20-01-2008 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anybody got any ideas to which US Case Study will come up this year? I'm hoping for either Vietnam (interesting, and lots to talk about) or the Civil Rights Movement (easy). I'm dreading the Space Race, it does my head in.

Also, how long should a contextualisation be? I was just practising some and mine were mostly clocking in at around 2 1/2 A4 sheets. My writing is average or small. Is this too little? You know in the regular essays you need 6+ paragraphs t get full marks, is there a similar situation for the Contextualisation? Thanks in advance.

Use this here thread to post about this year's Case Studies, any hints/tips/outside reading material etc. I'm quite happy with them, actually. I love US History.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

an A4 page for contextualisation would be a safe bet...
    I stil have the whole Vietnam War to learn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

nobody knows which one wil come up because its the first year theyre being tested as arts of the documents question.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

The conextualisation is worth 40 marks so I'd say write about 2/5 of one of your normal essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

2 pages at most for the last part of the document question i'd say. And i seem to be the only one that actually likes the moon landing stuff

Advertisement