Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vacuum Cleaner Hose (tube)

Options
  • 20-01-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could buy a generic vacuum cleaner hose? I need a flexible tube for holding some cables and thought that a vacuum cleaner hose would be ideal.

I went to Woodies, Atlantic and B&Q today, but none of those stores had one.

I need to get it for Tuesday too! Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Randomer

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe try getting an old hose from a scrapped vac in a Recycling/Amenity Site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

byte wrote: »
    Maybe try getting an old hose from a scrapped vac in a Recycling/Amenity Site?

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Titainus

any shop that sell "numatic" vacuum's should be able to supply you with one, numatic have a huge parts replacement devision

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Have you seen the JML cable tidy? It's advertised on TV and they sell it in Heatons.

There's a shop called The Washing Machine Centre on the corner in Killester in North Dublin and they sell vacuum cleaner hoses.

Have you seen the JML cable tidy? It's advertised on TV and they sell it in Heatons.

There's a shop called The Washing Machine Centre on the corner in Killester in North Dublin and they sell vacuum cleaner hoses.

Yeah, I have one of the cable tidy things, I got it it Ikea. I am going to use that too, but I am looking for something to house that so that I can easily run cables through in the future (using a string).

I will call to that place in Killester, because I am just in Kinsealy, so that will be excellent.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

A while back I purchased a swimming pool vacuum hose from B&Q, 50meters long and can be cut to any length, I used it in my workshom and have a good few meters left over. It's 2" diameter. PM me with your location and I can try get some to you if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

There is a shop opposite the garden of remembrance in nth Frederick Street that sell spares for washing machines / vacuum cleaners so im sure if all else fails you could get one in there.

Spare Parts Centre, 9, North Frederick St., Dublin 1
    Phone 8726565/8746141 Fax: 8746860.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I picked one up at the shop in Killester, and it looks like it will be good.

I am taking photos and will post them up once we are done here!

Advertisement