Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone in Microwave?

• 20-01-2008 7:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

What would happen if you put a phone in the microwave? I read it on Boards but I can't find thread where it was mentioned. Was it in this forum? Would it just fry the circuits and be undetectable so you couldn't figure out whats wrong with it?:confused::rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Insurance pay out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Dam I wish this was After Hours. Then I could suggest it morphed into a Goblin and ate your cat ...

But as this isn't AH... don't do it, it's not suggested. You might break something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Insurance pay out ;)

No, no. Just curiosity. I was quite curious about what would happen to my cat if I put her in the microwave so lets just say curiosity killed the cat!

Back on topic, yeah its this friend of mine. The buttons on his phone are very difficult to use after a couple of years use and he was jsut going to put it in the microwave for the craic. He's unsure what settings to use, the insturctions said stick it into a preheated oven, gas mark 8 until fried, but it doesn't give the times fo the microwave. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Just do it and post the pics up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

ehhhhhhhhh good luck............... rofl unless you want to start a fire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_z1QcytwsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Gd4zARl_I&feature=related

• Advertisement

So maybe I shouldn't microwave it. Anybody know any other good was of disabling phones?

Hammer?
    Fire?

Drop it in a bucket of cement.
    Tie a string around it and attach to your dogs tale. Then make a really sudden loud noise.
    Ring 3 customer care and follow their advice.
    Put it in the toaster.
    Freezer overnight and then boil with potatoes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Sledgehammer.

just put it in a pint glass of water

• Advertisement

Freezing sounds interesting. That's be undetectable right?? :)

Ideo wrote: »
    Yah. Just make sure you use filtered water.

Sounds suspicous
    Who's phone are you tring to break?

for gods sake you can get a phone for less than a pack of fags these days, what are you up to aside from insurance fraud.

Nothing suspicious here folks!

Nothing suspicious here folks!
    Freezing sounds interesting. That's be undetectable right??

yeah right.....................:rolleyes:

GetImage.aspx?id=f5de9029-b169-4b27-b0b4-c4f33b93129d&width=467&height=200
    GetImage.aspx?id=b6e1c9ed-288f-48ca-bbf1-36e08ff8fd73&width=467&height=200
    GetImage.aspx?id=442100b7-3cf8-4c5f-a75f-7e795e5bb023&width=467&height=200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Microwave is best bet , take out the battery though

Seems people want to go to great lengths to rid themselves of a phone. Why do you want to do it?

I've seen so many people claim through other methods that a microwave would really not be a need!

Anyway, why do you want to do this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I read about someone who microwaved it and sent it off for repair and it came back with a report saying it was water damaged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Plasmoid

If it were a cordless phone, that works at 2.4ghz, things could be interesting.

Microwaves work at 2.4ghz, so that antenna in the phone tuned for 2.4ghz would suck up all those microwaves and fry the radio in it.

But a mobile doesnt. While the antenna is still likely to have some current flowing down it, it will be from induction. Unless that antenna is a giant coil, it wont be much. Things in the phone are quite likely to start melting and burning before you can be sure the circuitry is fried. Also the LCD probably has a chunk of metal behind it, so melting screen would be an obvious sign.

3-5 seconds on high, repeat until desirable consistency is reached.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thread closed
    OP - another similar thread and you'll be banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement