Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Beast thats one fine looking shottie you have there.

Envy? I has it

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Puding, is that a modified G36c you painted?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

yep started off as a tm g36c had a lot done to it since then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Was it difficult to mod the G36c so it would take the grenade launcher? I had played with the idea of getting a G36c and fitting a grenade launcher to it but after careful thought and due diligence I decided I was too efffing lazy to do it.

not hard one pin and the grenade launcher is installed, of course you then need a longer outer barrel and inner barrel

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Was it difficult to mod the G36c so it would take the grenade launcher? I had played with the idea of getting a G36c and fitting a grenade launcher to it but after careful thought and due diligence I decided I was too efffing lazy to do it.

ya dont actually have to modify them at all, the Launcher is a bolt on part on its own.,:)

_pi2_A166M_B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

I knew the front receiver could simply be switched and hence the nad launcher & receiver could be switched too, but wasn't sure about the length of the AEG afterwards. There was a review on arnies but that was about a TM 36c modded to take the CA AG36 which required mods to the battery sapce.

If they could make nad launchers to fire these I'd certainly give the G36 another thought:p
    Also picked up two of those new maple leaf grenades. So far, after 12 detonations, they are the best gas grenades on the market. I filled one quarter face with bbs and they all shot across the room. They have a blast radius of about 15-20ft.
    00c.jpg

The timer is the trickiest part. There is a cap that you can unscrew when you pop the spoon off. How tight or loose this cap is on is how much time you have. the tighter it is, the longer you have until it goes off (almost 30 min on one screw short of closed), to 1 second at one thread.
    c09.jpg
    I found the best was two turns tighter from completely loose-off. That gives you 3-5 seconds before the delay gas escapes and it pops.
    This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 831x719 and weights 87KB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

XM203 + G36K rails + 30 sec. = Job done.

XM203 + G36K rails + 30 sec. = ugly

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Puding wrote: »

;)
    So true, i hate the look of M203 launchers

• Advertisement

i don;t hate m203s in general i rather like them on the m16 but is the ris mounted versions i don't like myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

If they could make nad launchers to fire these I'd certainly give the G36 another thought
    this might be something for you or other potential grenadiers to get excited about ;)
    http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index.php?board=17.0
    Not much info yet but might be worth watching the thread.

;)
    zero19 wrote: »
    So true, i hate the look of M203 launchers
    Gentelmen?
    I said the XM203.

It's slung underneath my VFC H&K416.
    And I don't know which one is sweeter.

Here they are side by side.

MyBabies.jpg

And the XM203 weighs about a third of the weight of the 203. I carried it around for a full day on Sunday without knowing it was attached.

Don't take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

yes i said the XM203 was ugly then also said the m203 ris was ugly :)

Well what would one expect from a cat person....:)

:) look you spend all the money on replica aegs and gear and then you slap a grenade launcher on it that does not even exist in the real world, for practicality its great i have the short version its light weight small and does its job, but hay what wrong with cats :mad:

Puding wrote:
    but hay what wrong with cats

their for pussys.,

:p

I agree with alvin, the XM203 is sweet, im gonna get the short one for my CQB M4 soon.,

:) look you spend all the money on replica aegs and gear and then you slap a grenade launcher on it that does not even exist in the real world, for practicality its great i have the short version its light weight small and does its job, but hay what wrong with cats :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvSHkkvqwg&feature=related

First time ive ever seen you wearing a helmet there martain.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Good grief Fiach, that's a sexy looking AK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Cheers man. I put a lot of work into it, really happy with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm not a fan of AK's, I do respect them but I've never really liked their look that much. However, that Khyber Pass AK is quite easily the best looking AK I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. Nice work man, really nice work.
    Where on earth did you get that silencer?

Cheers Dex :)

I got the silencer from gunner airsoft. It's a lovely piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Now that really is a tasty Kalashnikov.

Nice work Fiach

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Now that really is a tasty Kalashnikov.

Nice work Fiach

+1

Must go watch 9th Company again after seeing that Kalash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I noticed something interesting on that ak, the receiver is an ak74 one, does an akm 7.62x39mm trunnion fit into a 74 receiver?

Or have you sacrificed a little realism for the sake of the overall project.

I'm curious as its interesting if even 74 and akm receivers are inter changeable.

Bear in mind I'm not criticising even if that is the case, my "rpk" is far from realistic :D

I couldn't tell you if they're drop in compatable but they can at least be made so. I have a few pictures of real steel Khyber pass AK's and KP RPK, all 7.62X39 WP and all using AKS74 receiver and stock. One of the AK's has an AKM muzzle break, AKM foresight and AK74 gasblock. Another has an AKS74U muzzle break, AK74 foresight and gasblock.

Some of them have both upper and lower foregrips vented. Others just the lower or the upper. Since these rifles aren't factory made there are many different looks.

The only thing I haven't seen on any of the real steel pics is the AK side rail but since the rail can be attached to any AK by just drilling the receiver this isn't really a problem.

Thats really interesting, ak's really leave alot more room for customisation than you would think to begin with.

I still cant tell the difference between an ak74 gas block and an akm one or the front sights, ah I'm a noob still!

The 74 Gas block slopes down towards the barrel, the AKM one drops vertically to the barrel and also has vents/holes like an AK47 version. The 74 front sight again slopes at the rear where as the AKM one is almost vertical at the rear.

There are so many AK variants out there it isn't even funny :p I'm thinking of trying an AK46 for my next project ;)

• Advertisement

Jesus is that the '47 prototype?

Advertisement