Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I'll be happy for now with semi-bakelite look.

The hi-vis orange is ghastly!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

That's why I bought my MAG plum mags but I have to keep lending them to one of my teammates so I'm always stuck using the VFC Bakes :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Squad 701,
    there some nice revolvers! are they metal? i love the silver one.,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Richie, you bought your son a Mac?:eek: Isn't he like five?

that was ages ago simon,.lol
    hes after a shottie and an M4 now., :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

vtec wrote: »
    that was ages ago simon,.lol

:D:D:D:D:D

M4 - nice to see he is comming over to the DARK SIDE:D

star wars m4's.JPG

haha., yeah i think im gonna pick up one of them stubbys, i was gonna make one but i cant find the front rail for it., :(

this is nice too, just saw this in another thread.,
    http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/event/PMC.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

vtec wrote: »
    You buy him an M4, I'll personally, and I mean this, - Paint you pink, whack out an accordion, and make you dance naked in the carpark of HRTA to the strains of "That's why the lady is a tramp".

The above was not a joke.;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Rich, I told you where to get that front rail for the stubby! And if you want to make the one in that TM link, you'll need the new Madbull Dragonfire short RAS's like the 3.6inch.

Dragon%20Fire_01.jpg

And do this:

F3622_06.jpg

Or to do the original stubby you were looking at, use this:

GPSTUBBYF-L.jpg

All available from Redwolf, now stop singing "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore" whenever you see me.

ROFL., well, um, in fairness, i was gonna get the stubby coz its not a common looking M4.,
    Although with that mental image you just painted for me, I think i'll just get him a 416 and hope he dont know the difference.,

:D

• Advertisement

NakedDex wrote: »
    All available from Redwolf, now stop singing "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore" whenever you see me.

Thats exactly what i was looking for dex., although when i went to the check out it was working out at ridiculous money for just the front end, i have everything else cept that bit couldnt get a decent priced one.,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

$84 isn't that bad for a front end? How much were they hitting you for shipping. FYI, WGC have it at the same price, might be handier on shipping though.

i think the shipping was working out at 50 quid, it was expencive enough for me to cincider just buying the stubby fully built and that way id get a nice reciever too, i was just gonna use a Dboys metal one.,

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Squad701: out of the two Maurzens which is the better made or more solid, i hear good things about the skorpian but does she hold up t green gas ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

Hi Frank The Manc,
    They are both real fun-guns, they really do put a smile on your face when you squeeze the trigger. They have been both modified to use green-gas and not fall-apart as reported in some reviews of unmodified versions.
    The Scorpion is particularly small, so more care is needed when firing as the bolt goes back and forth about an inch away from where you hold the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

nice one lad,

what upgrades did you have to do, was it just a Guarder Loading Nozzle?
    i saw a review on youtube and the eejit was talking about just needing to cable tie the selector switch as it rattles loose.
    whats the ROF on the skorpian compared to a Mac or G18c?

ive seen the aeps with a drum mag do you know if you can get them for it or something bigger than the 30rnd?
    would it be anyway accurate holding in one hand?
    whats the wire stock like, is it anyways solid.

sorry now for all the questiosn but iv been after one for ages and youre the first irish lad(i.e. hopefully some way sensible) iv seen with one.

she looks a tidy bit of kit alright, wood grips and an eastern bloc leather holster would finish it to completion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

CroppyBoy your jerry collection certinly looks the business!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Mweelrea wrote: »
    CroppyBoy your jerry collection certinly looks the business!

Cheers ;)

Nice bakelite effect too, was considering doing it myself.

Just red varnish on the black grips right?

And the luger looks nicely aged, inevitable really with the quality of the paint on them :D
    Though yours is obviously intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Cheers Motosam ;)

A somewhat detailed description of the 'fake bake' process can be seen in the link below, surprisingly easy to do!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56172627&postcount=3

As for the luger, I'm still not terribly won over with the 'aged' finish, there are a couple of different metals used in the construction, so its hard to get a good 'even' aging all over the gun. Want to look into suitable 'blued' finish's that will take to the metal and give it a good look.

• Advertisement

Have you seen guinnesses luger on arnies?

Very nice job, he is also very picky about ageing guns.

I think he repainted the whole thing, may have used gun blue and all.

And RE:fake bakelite, look in pics ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

First tub of red stuff I could find :D

Ok messing aside its mahogany, just a small 4€ tin I picked up when I was getting paints for my other guns.

I don't think I did a great job really, the first mag I did I really tried, I've done 7 since all at once and they are less nice, It may be a case of another sanding and varnishing again.

The guide on red alliance is the one I almost followed, almost as I was a bit hasty in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Very nice RPK pudding, very nice indeed

Thats the rmw one right?

What brand of drum mag do they sell with it?

That's right its the RMW version, i was very impressed with the quality although I'm not a fan of the grub screw construction that is used, i much prefer the vfc construction method, only area that need some work was the gas tube the connection at the sight block end need some extra material removed and the other end needed about 2 or 3mm taken off to fit correctly.

The drum mag is made by Star (the rmw comes with no mag ) this is another item i would strongly recommend, great quality and performance, feeds reliably unto and including 10.8v

Motosam are you going to the gathering?

I think so.

Star?

Good luck with that, mine hasn't performed well yet, has jammed several times, and fiach's team mates has also.

I'm considering returning it tbh, I havn't gotten one good use of it yet.

but about 50,000 rounds thought it on my ak74u and rpk never missed a beat, but that airsoft tech for you :) i got mine from ehobby anyway steel construction, for me anyway no issues

mines jammed at the last two scirmishes I was at, the only scirmishes it was at.

I hate the way the sensor sometimes wont shut it off either.

And ehobby are awful for returns, first thing they do is ask for it to be shipped back, then can deny there was ever a problem, they gave some dodgy excuses too for my m9 mag problem.

I hope it works for you then, mine and fiachs team mate's are sh1te.

• Advertisement

Touch wood mine carrys on fine, althought i know frome xperiance that star can be hit and miss on some items.

Try replaceming the motor http://cgi.ebay.com/Tamiya-1-32-Mini-4WD-Sprint-Dash-Motor-15318_W0QQitemZ130211611749QQihZ003QQcategoryZ19167QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262 (just a drop in switch ) and swapping out the battery box for a 9v battery to power the drum mag.

@ that miss feeds every 10 rounds at best makes me want to throw things :(

Advertisement