Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The issue seems to be the micro switch not always resetting, and the thing going dead.

I have mine working again, but I wont be surprised if it fcuks up at my next scirmish.

Nice paintjob robster.

But the optics could probably wait, I'd recommend getting a mag catch and trigger first, yekno, just for realism :p

An eotech with the lens shield painted in the same camo paintjob would look cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Motosam wrote: »
    I'd recommend getting a mag catch and trigger first, yekno, just for realism :p

So that's why it wont fire:pac:

I was sorta thinking Eotech/Acog or flip up sights.

Oh the agony of choice................

So that's why it wont fire:pac:

I was sorta thinking Eotech/Acog or flip up sights.

Oh the agony of choice................

Bleugh to acog.

Get the eotech, nice camo job on the lens shield, oh it would look smashing :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I'll defo consider it after I'm finished saving up for a trigger:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Nice camo job Rob, may i suggest a round reflex site? would look savage with any of the above anyway id bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

Sir Rob,

This is my personal opinion based on what ive learned, i stand to be corrected.

1)cqb weapons are usually black, urban environment where cqb usually dictates, dont need camou.
    2)silencers can be used on stealth operations.
    3)overall rifle lenght should be very short for ease of movement on confined spaces.use collapsible stock,vltor type , a shortened full stock or no stock at all (patriot).
    4)caliber of the weapon is usually 9 mil.for less recoil.
    if you have tried to fire a .45 cal vs 9mil how much more the 5.56 of AR.
    but real operators now use shortened m4a1.in my country we call m4a1, baby armalite.the shortened m4a1(cqb)infant armalite.

your project is well done only the classification of where your gun is intended to be used vs. the actual looks of your aeg is off the wall.
    apologies if ever ive offended you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

nice paint job rob ,looks similar to mine except mines a light charcoal stripes,on a black reciever ,

Sir Rob,

You have offended me, and I'm off back to my hole to cry:(

CQB is mearly the designation given to the front end I purchased not my own
    name for it.

Thanks for the nice comments lads I'm off now to finish my Fleck-Desert L96:pac:

What rifle is that Puding?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

ics mp5
    ak74m
    tm vsr 10 with fortress m40a3 stock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Sir Rob,

This is my personal opinion based on what ive learned, i stand to be corrected.

1)cqb weapons are usually black, urban environment where cqb usually dictates, dont need camou.
    2)silencers can be used on stealth operations.
    3)overall rifle lenght should be very short for ease of movement on confined spaces.use collapsible stock,vltor type , a shortened full stock or no stock at all (patriot).
    4)caliber of the weapon is usually 9 mil.for less recoil.
    if you have tried to fire a .45 cal vs 9mil how much more the 5.56 of AR.
    but real operators now use shortened m4a1.in my country we call m4a1, baby armalite.the shortened m4a1(cqb)infant armalite.

your project is well done only the classification of where your gun is intended to be used vs. the actual looks of your aeg is off the wall.

In fairness, cqb rifles don't need to be black, or stealth, or even short. They just need to be comfortable. CQB is such a reaction based fighting environ, operators will take whatever they're most competent with. 9mm isn't taken as preference for less recoil, it's taken for short range stopping power and lack of over-penetration characteristics.
    Regardless, CQB is what you make it to be personally. I do room clearance with a 42inch Bennelli shotgun with an OD stock. It contravenes all of that, but it works rather well. I've been known to clear tight areas with my SR25 too, and that's as far off a CQB speciality rifle as you could get.

Nice work there Rob, looking forward to seeing the arid-fleck L96.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Puding wrote: »
    ics mp5
    ak74m
    tm vsr 10 with fortress m40a3 stock

Is that the new TM AK74? With the recoil system? I was using one the other day and was very impressed with it's system. The actual recoil mech fascinated me.

No its the vfc ak74m, the blowback system in the vfc is not as complicated as the tm and all parts are v2/3 compatible unlike the tm, i've used the tm and enjoyed it but Im put of by the small battery space , the fact it need its down type of mag and is not backwards compatible and the lack of replacement parts still.

very nice, i always had a itch to do a 1940 gangster look :) after see this http://www.freewebs.com/azrmachine/thompsonwoodstocks.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Love it chalky!

Fantastic looking Tommy Gun Chalky

Nice work, cant wait to see the finished drum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

nice work chalky., :)

puding:
    thats the first good looking AK ive ever seen, ever.,

lol., :D

vtec , how are you powering the stubby? external?

• Advertisement

no i made a custom 8.4 thats in the stock tube and but piece., i just about mangaged to get enough room for it and was delighted i dont have to add anything like a PEQ or ready mag to power it., :)

It looks fantastic mate , any chance of a pic of the battery?:o

It looks fantastic mate , any chance of a pic of the battery?:o

just added some to the other thread robster., :)

Cheers dude

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Thanks everyone. Don't think I'll be doing much more on the drum for a while, aside from getting it actually working. But we'll see...

I like the stubby Vtec, I was thinking of doing something similar myself, only with a different stock.

really like what you've done with that MP5 nutzbutz

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

really like what you've done with that MP5 nutzbutz
    cheers Robster... its just a bog standard classic army SD6 with this scope http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=1342

nutzbutz wrote: »
    cheers Robster... its just a bog standard classic army SD6 with this scope http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=1342

I've got the same one on my G3 , you can see it in the pics thread above yours

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭nutzbutz

I've got the same one on my G3 , you can see it in the pics thread above yours
    its a handy little sight for the money and looks ok!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

killinator im loving the way youve made your g36c

what silencer is that on it? definatly looking to invest in one.

also the m16 stock was something i looked into, but didnt know how it would fair against the original g36c one, seems solid enough plus its handy for transport

how much it cost and is it any use?

Advertisement