Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

the silencer is the troy style one tonys selling in eirsoft,
    the stock is a classic army one from my M16A4, its very easy to fit and the stock adaptor is so cheap its a sin to have bought one:D got it off rsov, but you can get it from all the chinese sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Very tidy looking, I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭fasterkayote_

vtec wrote: »
    no i made a custom 8.4 thats in the stock tube and but piece., i just about mangaged to get enough room for it and was delighted i dont have to add anything like a PEQ or ready mag to power it., :)

great job rich,you had me thinking where the hek is the battery. i'l be ,painting my receiver with tan and keep the same set up(scope, silencer and foregrip)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

have to say killinator that is one of the best looking G36 ive seen the M16 suits it perfect love love to see a flat top version

NakedDex wrote: »
    In fairness, cqb rifles don't need to be black, or stealth, or even short. They just need to be comfortable. CQB is such a reaction based fighting environ, operators will take whatever they're most competent with. 9mm isn't taken as preference for less recoil, it's taken for short range stopping power and lack of over-penetration characteristics.
    Regardless, CQB is what you make it to be personally. I do room clearance with a 42inch Bennelli shotgun with an OD stock. It contravenes all of that, but it works rather well. I've been known to clear tight areas with my SR25 too, and that's as far off a CQB speciality rifle as you could get.

Nice work there Rob, looking forward to seeing the arid-fleck L96.

Like i said thats my opinion thats what ive observed owning and firing real steel.

• Advertisement

Nice one croppy, how the hell did you do the trade mark :D

And the finish, is that gun blue applied to the exposed metal?

Very nice work, I look forward to a family photo of all your aged guns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Motosam wrote: »
    Nice one croppy, how the hell did you do the trade mark :D

And the finish, is that gun blue applied to the exposed metal?

Very nice work, I look forward to a family photo of all your aged guns.

Thanks Moto :)

See the thread itself for the finish, its just printer ink basically :p

I have to get to work on the KAR98 soon, so you should be seeing a family shot in the next few weeks ;)

Edit: The trademark was not easy to do, especially when you dont have a steady hand! :P. Looks big in the pic, but the MAUSER logo is only about 10x5mm. The metal is pretty soft so I just stamped it out bit by bit with a small (2 or 3mm) flat head watchmakers screwdrivers (one of the cheap ones) which I sharpened and used a small hammer to do the logo bit by bit. As I said, the metal is pretty soft, so the 'M' got a bit messed up.

Gonna try get another few sizes of screwdrivers and have a go at applying some trades to me WE 1911! :D

Good luck with that, home made trades may become the newest form of modification :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

Nice vcf, i am thinking of getting one of those badboys. what is it like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Indeed it is a nice VFC

• Advertisement

thats a nasty looking 416 area51. if looks could kill. great paint scheme,the vltor stock and your optics.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Amazing looking 416 there mate , love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Thanks for the comments guys.:D

Nice vcf, i am thinking of getting one of those badboys. what is it like?

birdman it has a great gearbox stock but run it with a 9.6volt. I have a systema Turbo gearbox and motor in mine now and run it with a 12volt.
    It is a very solid gun and great quality metal body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Turbo gearbox and motor in mine now and run it with a 12volt

any other upgrades as this must increase wear and tear a lot?

the gearbox is a systema one and is made for that type of battery. the piston went in it very fast though Ive bought a systema aluminum piston for it now
    there are no other upgrades. http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_220&products_id=5168

and what kind of rof are you getting at this point in time?

the rate of fire is very very high:D

if you can get any figures as it would be nice to know, to compare your set up to others

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Love the paint job peter , simple but effective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Puding wrote: »
    if you can get any figures as it would be nice to know, to compare your set up to others

You get about 25rps from the Turbo box on a 9.6, so i'm guessing 30ish on a 12V. Aluminum piston will wear it down a bit, and running an aluminum piston in a V2 box is NOT a good idea, and neither is full steel teeth on a high rof setup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

Love the paint job peter , simple but effective

thanks robster, it was my first attempt at painting so im happy enough with it:)

have the bug now though im looking around at everything wondering what it would look like camo'ed:D

I've done the exact same thing , only my MP5 remains unpainted at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Holy funkin schnit Dex. That M4 looks mental. I will offer E20 for it posted:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

haha., yeah it looks the biz dex., im gonna do an M4 like that too now., :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

peter where did you get the bipod for your m14?
    Btw nice paint job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

peter where did you get the bipod for your m14?
    Btw nice paint job.

i got it of off ehobby heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Rifle-Extendable-Spring-Bipod-METAL-SRC-BP-91_W0QQitemZ270256594569QQihZ017QQcategoryZ73959QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262.

they come with 2 bolts i had to use the longer one cause it had a smaller thread but had to cut it down as it was too long.

eirsoft or mia didnt have them in stock when i got my m14 but they could have got in since so you could check with them.

oh and thanks by the way:D

the kar looks amazing

Croppyboy

That Kar98 is simply stunning
    Love the markings on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Puding wrote: »
    the kar looks amazing
    The Master wrote: »
    Croppyboy

That Kar98 is simply stunning
    Love the markings on it

Cheers guys, appreciated :)