Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Hey Weeder, is that an M1 Garand Tanker, or a M14 SOCOM?? Cant really make it out.
    its a springer M21 socom, 60 euro, pretty accurate with a good range, my primary sniper rifle. nice and heavy thanks to a block of lead in the stock :D
    good solid rifle
    Also @ Weeder is that a Wa Shan side by side or another brand?
    the mad max shotty is a very cheap springer

since ive got a few PM's about the nametapes id like to add i got them from 1800nametape.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

kinkstr, how much was that tmp and where did you get it? been meaning to get one for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

weeder wrote: »
    kinkstr, how much was that tmp and where did you get it? been meaning to get one for a while now

Indeed!

How's she working? I've heard they can be finiky like the Mac11. Would still absolutely love one though.

Oh and lovely CAW there Gandalf. You and N.O.I.P need to have CAW off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

hey kinkstr is that tmp full metal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I got it off Airsofteire for 198 delivered. Tis workin ok so far apart from the first time firing it when i think there was some polystyrene managed to get in around the bolt but ive sorted that now, its misfed once or twice but once i started using KSC bb's instead of excels it worked ok. Its quite loud and feels very sturdy apart from the cocking handle which is a bit dissapointing. Ill chrono it tomorrow and see what the ROf is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kinkstr wrote: »
    I got it off Airsofteire for 198 delivered. Tis workin ok so far apart from the first time firing it when i think there was some polystyrene managed to get in around the bolt but ive sorted that now, its misfed once or twice but once i started using KSC bb's instead of excels it worked ok. Its quite loud and feels very sturdy apart from the cocking handle which is a bit dissapointing. Ill chrono it tomorrow and see what the ROf is like.

Grr...I'm soo jealous...wanted one for ages but havent had the spare cash for it. Just wait till I get a job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Just chronoed it there and shes firing at between 310-320 with propane. Just like the mac11 and 93r you need to use KSC bb's or it jams.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kinkstr wrote: »
    Just chronoed it there and shes firing at between 310-320 with propane. Just like the mac11 and 93r you need to use KSC bb's or it jams.

Goddamn you! Now I'm gonna be severly in debt....gah...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Nice Shrike Scope,

What parts did you use/how did you put it together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Cheers Master Rob ;).
    The upper reciever was made by the guy who runs Airsharp, apparantly i was the only person in the world to buy it lol so he sent me all his prototype bits n bobs and doesnt make them anymore :D. The reciever needed some work to make it fit my dboys m4 as it was ready made and had been on of his one own guns. The rest is just random assorted m4 and m4 cqb bits.
    I still have to modify the box mag and a few other things but its getting their.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Very good job Shane!!

I should be at GTAC next weekend - you can shoot me with it then;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

ill look forward to that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Very nice looking job on the sniper there Richie!

The OD paint work looks the business. Looks much better than all in black (and silver):p

Gotta get a good look in person.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

cheers aidan, :)
    she feels the biz with the new paint, the oul plastic felt toy-ish and cheap so this is a big improvment., its amazing what a bit of paint can do really, it feels more expencive now.,lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Vtec that L96 is a work of art!
    I ordered the standard one which is due to be delivered tomorrow, but now i'm almost regretting not getting that version!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Posted these in wrong thread, apologies. moved to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57267898#post57267898

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

not a fan of the Vtec im afraid not my cup of tea, MacAonghusa do you happen to have a link to the chest rig ?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Puding wrote: »
    not a fan of the Vtec im afraid not my cup of tea, MacAonghusa do you happen to have a link to the chest rig ?

'Fraid not, here's the guy's shop (link below) but he doesn't appear to have any products there at the mo.
    Which is a pity cos his stuff seems like v.high quality, made in Germany I think and tested with UK forces and available in most of the main camo colours.
    I can take more photos of mine if you're interested at all.

http://www.warrior-webbing.com/

kevteljeur wrote: »
    My tiny collection. As some of you know, I did have an SL-8, which I sold and I have an AUG 'A3' instead.

2008-09-16_10-44-05_img_0912_bcrop.jpg

JG AUG A3 (with Tasco 2-6 x 28 scope, and M4 rail cover - review is here)
    JG G36C (Version 1, with M4 rail cover)
    KJW P226
    DBoyi M4 CQB (Notice the missing trigger - I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet)

You'll have a hard time using that M4 kev, wheres the trigger? .,:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

vtec wrote: »
    cheers aidan, :)
    she feels the biz with the new paint, the oul plastic felt toy-ish and cheap so this is a big improvment., its amazing what a bit of paint can do really, it feels more expencive now.,lol :D

Hey vtec... How do you take all those snazzy pics of your guns?

• Advertisement

with me camera...

:p

nah i use a DSLR mostly, dont use a flash either coz it'll give you horrible light, if its pretty bright outside then you'll get away with 1/80sec - 1/100sec (maybe higher in direct sunlight) shutter speed and if its a bit darker you can do it on a tripod with a longer shutter speed. the rest is just composition, meaning getting the right angle, light etc etc,.:)

Edit: if you have a "point and shoot" camera, stick it on a tripod or something steady and turn the flash off, the camer should do the rest.,

with me camera...

:p

nah i use a DSLR mostly, dont use a flash either coz it'll give you horrible light, if its pretty bright outside then you'll get away with 1/80sec - 1/100sec (maybe higher in direct sunlight) shutter speed and if its a bit darker you can do it on a tripod with a longer shutter speed. the rest is just composition, meaning getting the right angle, light etc etc,.:)

Lol I have a 200 euro digital camera... Guess i wont be getting any decent pics.... damn you and your fancy toys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

You'll have a hard time using that M4 kev, wheres the trigger? .,:p

:P *sigh*

To be fair, I've all but given up trying to use it.

Doomofman wrote: »
    Hey vtec... How do you take all those snazzy pics of your guns?

He's irritatingly good at photography, and he really knows how to compaose those gun photos. As you can see, I haven't managed it, and the photos I took for my review had his help... :P

kevteljeur wrote: »
    He's irritatingly good at photography, P

Sarcastic fu*&er isnt he.,:p

Bring that M4 in to me and i'll sort it out for ya kev., :)

Lol I have a 200 euro digital camera... Guess i wont be getting any decent pics.... damn you and your fancy toys

what kind is it? you might be able to do something by locking out the flash and the "auto" function should leave the shutter open longer. then its just a matter of keeping the camera still while it takes the shots.,

yeah sort it out the f***in window :p

what kind is it? you might be able to do something by locking out the flash and the "auto" function should leave the shutter open longer. then its just a matter of keeping the camera still while it takes the shots.,

http://www.samsungcamera.com/product/pro_view.asp?prol_uid=3726&cat_uid=10

That be it....

I'm sure its pants ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

You're getting too used to all the abuse from Tony, you don't know how to take a genuine compliment any more. Poor little divil.

Uh-uh, I've taken it this far, I'm going to go the last mile myself and you can all look forward to the grand unveiling in Summer 2009...

Doomofman, part of the trick is to pick a good setting. He and I use similar cameras. Vtec uses wood and earth colours in his surroundings, whereas I've picked dirty orange carpet. He shoots from exciting angles using natural light, while I used a flash with poor lighting, standing on a table. You can decide for yourself which makes your kit look better...

I have that camera in the red colour, its decent enough and you'll be able to get some decent results from it., :)

• Advertisement

I have that camera in the red colour, its decent enough and you'll be able to get some decent results from it., :)

Care to share how mr technical wizard? :p

Advertisement