Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

anyone who goes to fingal use those mesh goggles? would mind tryin them before i order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Beast, I too am totally impressed - I've had a speaker lying around here for months but I never got around to cutting them out (in the shape of Guarder lenses, I have a stencil ready for it). How are they? And was it a complete pain in the arse?

I'm guess yes. It's pretty tough stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

Haha, cheers :)

But I didn't make them! :P - They're Bitterend Mesh Goggles - Basically you can either buy goggles off him which he will mod and install the mesh for you, or you can send him whatever the hell you want and he'll mesh them for you. They're amazingly well built and the mesh is strong as hell - 460fps w/ 0.36g only makes a small dent in them. I've been through about 5 pairs of goggles/glasses in the past 7/8months and eventually they all seem to fog, I've tried everything - now I'm just sticking with these!

Check them out here: www.st6-airsoft.com/mesh_goggles.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Ozcam, amazing looking job, where did you end up getting the tape from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

It's pretty awesome actually... He showed me it out at hrta a while back... really good idea that camo tape...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

vtec wrote: »
    check out this puppy, i love the P99 in tan.,i got to have a feel of it a week or 2 ago., very nice indeed.,
    dsc01529xk1.jpg

Luvin that P99 man

urrrrgh.

yuk.

http://www.aegarms.com/display_pdetail.php?pid=2505

a hammer drill gone wrong?

Hahaha what is that for?? an*l probing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

copy of the civilian model p90 i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

http://www.aegarms.com/display_pdetail.php?pid=2505
    Puding wrote: »
    copy of the civilian model p90 i believe

What a waste of time. That ...abomination... defeats the entire design purpose of the P90 - a close-in last-ditch personal defense weapon that you can carry easily in a vehicle. It's a bit like the Uzi, it's not supposed to be accurate, it's supposed to be effective at short ranges, easy to handle and easy to stow.

You might as well stick a broom handle on an entrenching tool.

Whoever came up with that needs a good kicking. YUK :mad:

(Not directed at Puding. Absolutely a criticism of the silly BATF rules - there shouldn't even be a civilian version of the P90.)

Thank you.

I searched around for a long time for camo tape. These links show what's on the market, but I found that most US hunter supply shops either won't take CC orders or won't ship outside the US.

McNett tape...
    http://www.king-cart.com/cgi-bin/cart.cgi?store=apc&product=Camo+Tape
    Allen tape...
    http://www.outdoorgiant.com/allen_camo_cloth_tape/item/23309/index.html

This is spiral wrap, which sticks to itself but not to the gun. There are also "socks", and heatshrink covers available.

In the end, I gave up with the Yanks (you may have better luck) and bought adhesive tape from NatureGear in England:
    http://www.naturegear.co.uk/products/hides/camo_tape.php
    They were fine to deal with online and the tape is only 6 quid a roll, but the postage charges & tax were more than double the cost of two tapes. Only buy if you really, really want it. I couldn't find an Irish stockist, but I'm sure any of the Fish & Game shops would order it in for you.

The adhesive tape goes on just like wallpaper except horizontally instead of vertically. Use a scalpel or modelling knife to trim. Be careful while applying it, you won't have any to waste. One roll is just about enough to cover a long gun. The SSG's a big SOB. Don't bother covering the bottom of the rifle or trying to do every last millimetre on the inside of the stock, these areas are usually not visible anyway. On difficult areas like the scope, just use offcuts to break the shape up.

If I was going to do this again, or if I wanted desert, snow, digital woodland or ACU, I'd try Amazon instead.

Note: if you want a gun painted, defenderdude is your man. His work is awesome. The only issue I have with painting is that it's permanent. But sometimes that's what you need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

http://gotactical.ie/product_info.php?cPath=135&products_id=327

Go tactical do a crude camo tape... I remember picking a roll of this up years ago in millets when it used to be.. erm.. good...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

vtec wrote: »
    Maruzen Walther PPK Movie Edition, Silencer ect.,
    2922754784_4a217b5d2c_o.jpg

It's a nice piece isn't it. I just took delivery of one last week myself. Being a gbb it's not very quiet though but its got a very nice crisp action on it with a decent blowback too. It's the markings and the oily finish on it that really set it off and the carry case is top notch too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah i was very impressed with the blowback, really snappy isnt it. It feels lovely to hold too., ive used the chrome one in the past but this one is far nicer.,

looks really nice...would love to test it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nice deagle., :)

j0ey2069, that's a lovely paint job on your rifle.

Great to see someone doing a design that's different. That'll work really well
    in long grass (maybe not so well up a tree). But it's a really nice finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

OzCam wrote: »
    j0ey2069, that's a lovely paint job on your rifle.

Great to see someone doing a design that's different. That'll work really well
    in long grass (maybe not so well up a tree). But it's a really nice finish.

il second that joey very nice job!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nice 1934 there elsi, if its got enough for chop chop its good enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Horse84

Your kjw hi capa looks great there elsi, seriously thinking of getting one myself. Would u recommend it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Really like how you've mounted that M203 to that aug , looks very good

• Advertisement

Nice M4 stone-cold...silencer suits

stone cold did you break in to my house and take a picture of my M4???:D

no need for me to post a picture of it now...mine has the exact same sight, silencer even the globe and anchor!

you have good taste:cool:

stone cold did you break in to my house and take a picture of my M4???:D

no need for me to post a picture of it now...mine has the exact same sight, silencer even the globe and anchor!

you have good taste:cool:

haha dodgy coincidence

G3-Nut wrote: »
    haha dodgy coincidence

seriously it is i thought i was unique.....gonna have to see what else i can stick on to it now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

seriously it is i thought i was unique.....gonna have to see what else i can stick on to it now:D

You'd probably have to spend close to 1K or make something yourself in order to have a unique armalite variant. Just look at what Dex had to do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

not alot of people have mine tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You'd probably have to spend close to 1K or make something yourself in order to have a unique armalite variant. Just look at what Dex had to do:D

Some people prefer to go over the top (like me), others prefer to customise something based on a real premise. The reason my newest piece is one-of-a-kind is because it's not doable in reality, I've built it solely with airsoft in mind, and in a specific role too. Most of my other rifles are customised but still look like their RS counterparts but still look fairly unique. There's only so much you can do without big expense though, and once you go down that route, you're sacrificing realism for either looks or purpose (I built mine for purpose, the fact that it looks sexier than anything on earth is sheerly coincidental).

You don't have to spend huge money to make an armalite look unique, you just have to be imaginative with bolt on parts. I think I've gotten a good head for it now, after doing so many. The limiting factor is always the battery, after that, your choices are limited by your taste and your pocket.
    I, personally, don't like Armalites at all, but I do love how adaptable they are.

NakedDex wrote: »
    Some people prefer to go over the top (like me), others prefer to customise something based on a real premise. The reason my newest piece is one-of-a-kind is because it's not doable in reality, I've built it solely with airsoft in mind, and in a specific role too. Most of my other rifles are customised but still look like their RS counterparts but still look fairly unique. There's only so much you can do without big expense though, and once you go down that route, you're sacrificing realism for either looks or purpose (I built mine for purpose, the fact that it looks sexier than anything on earth is sheerly coincidental).

You don't have to spend huge money to make an armalite look unique, you just have to be imaginative with bolt on parts. I think I've gotten a good head for it now, after doing so many. The limiting factor is always the battery, after that, your choices are limited by your taste and your pocket.
    I, personally, don't like Armalites at all, but I do love how adaptable they are.

I didnt see this AEg youre talking about? am i missing out?

G3-Nut wrote: »
    I didnt see this AEg youre talking about? am i missing out?

is it the silver and gold one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Master wrote: »
    Really like how you've mounted that M203 to that aug , looks very good

+1, that's a tidy custom job you did there.

Advertisement