Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

NakedDex wrote: »
    I built mine for purpose, the fact that it looks sexier than anything on earth is sheerly coincidental.

[tongue-in-cheek] Would that be including or excluding your new squeeze? [/tongue-in-cheek]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

G3-Nut wrote: »
    I didnt see this AEg youre talking about? am i missing out?

Vtec put a thread about it somewhere in the Reviews section. It looks finished but it's not quite there yet. There's some internal gubbins that I haven't done yet, and Vtec's kindly installing my sparkly new ceramic 8mm bearings this week. I've a load of power work to do on it still too, as well as a mod to the buffer tube. All of that is why it's not in the Pictures Of... thread.
    is it the silver and gold one?

No but that was another example of how you can go to extremes to be unique. I must bring that for a skirmish some day.
    OzCam wrote: »
    [tongue-in-cheek] Would that be including or excluding your new squeeze? [/tongue-in-cheek]

My new squeeze? I've been dating someone without realising it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

My new squeeze? I've been dating someone without realising it?

ROFLMAO:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

You can laugh, that's genuinely happened before. I was the last to find out we were an item, I had to ask someone else how we met...

You can laugh, that's genuinely happened before. I was the last to find out we were an item, I had to ask someone else how we met...

Haha yeah same happened me couple weeks ago, few drinks led to an altercation in the sack, next thing 2 weeks later i have a lad txt me saying he cought this 'girl' doing the dirt on me kissing a guy in the pub...i was like WtF:confused: i dont care, wait what do you mean doin the dirt hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭elsi

Horse84 wrote: »
    Your kjw hi capa looks great there elsi, seriously thinking of getting one myself. Would u recommend it?

Absolutley. I would def reccommend this pistol as a top quality full size handgun. Its a nice tight, solid piece. The internal components are factory upgraded to accomodate the hi pressure Co2 mag. The build quality is very good, as usual with KJW.
    One thing to watch out for is the springs in the mags. After filling them to there max capacity (30 bbs) the follower spring tends to lose some of its force. The result of this means that the follower on the mag will not have enuf power to push up the slide lock on the last shot. I ordered a second KJW gas mag with mine and this too has the same problem. I over came this fault by fabricating from a block of aluminium a spacer witch takes up the slack in the spring. Max capacity is now 26 rounds.
    It is advisable to use Mauri 5.1 hi capa mags instead, these are completely compatible.

But whatever you do, do not buy a WE equvilent as you will be very dissapointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Horse84

elsi wrote: »
    Absolutley. I would def reccommend this pistol as a top quality full size handgun. Its a nice tight, solid piece. The internal components are factory upgraded to accomodate the hi pressure Co2 mag. The build quality is very good, as usual with KJW.
    One thing to watch out for is the springs in the mags. After filling them to there max capacity (30 bbs) the follower spring tends to lose some of its force. The result of this means that the follower on the mag will not have enuf power to push up the slide lock on the last shot. I ordered a second KJW gas mag with mine and this too has the same problem. I over came this fault by fabricating from a block of aluminium a spacer witch takes up the slack in the spring. Max capacity is now 26 rounds.
    It is advisable to use Mauri 5.1 hi capa mags instead, these are completely compatible.

But whatever you do, do not buy a WE equvilent as you will be very dissapointed!

That's great elsi thanks. I didn't know that it was tm hi cappa compatible. I have 1 already with a coupla mags so that's handy. i generally would never fill any of my pistol mags to capacity with bb's, as a general rule so i shouldn't have a problem there. Where did u purchase yours if u don't mind my asking?

The Master wrote: »
    Really like how you've mounted that M203 to that aug , looks very good
    +1, that's a tidy custom job you did there.

Turned out to be an easy enuf modification to do after i thought about it for a while. The M203 had to be "cut n shut" in order to move the mount forward. The mount is located to the barrel of the AUG via 2 bolted RIS rails and 2 20mm weaver clamps. I used the fixing point of the front grip to locate a custom mount which locks and supports the rear of the 203.
    The job is solid and reliable however it is affected by some barrel wobble on Jing Gongs part that i will have to remedy latter.

Horse84 wrote: »
    That's great elsi thanks. I didn't know that it was tm hi cappa compatible. I have 1 already with a coupla mags so that's handy. i generally would never fill any of my pistol mags to capacity with bb's, as a general rule so i shouldn't have a problem there. Where did u purchase yours if u don't mind my asking?

Yeah all the parts are completely TM compatible so theres plenty of after market components readily avalible should you decide to upgrade.

I got mine delivered by TNT from uncompany.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

(Apologies if this was posted previously.)

Gun Painters might find this product interesting http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_patterns.html

They only ship within the US, but there are some good ideas on their example page.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

OzCam wrote: »
    (Apologies if this was posted previously.)

Gun Painters might find this product interesting http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_patterns.html

They only ship within the US, but there are some good ideas on their example page.

some pretty cool examples there

Thats a sweet 416 scalant:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

G3-Nut wrote: »
    Thats a sweet 416 scalant:)

Thanks G3-Nut, but I should have bought it from Shiva and saved a bundle :(. It's the same one as Captain Chaos' one; the Super DX.

I bought the silencer from Shiva last year and the foregrip from ebaybanned last year aswell...just had to wait until I started working to get the money.

Great rof with an 8.4V, even better with a 9.6V.
    Two words for anyone on the fence...get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Its a great AEG, congrats. Did you change the barrel before you put the silencer on or does that silencer cover the outer barrel like the OPS silencers?

Mine is still away in a shop for a stock mod. Looking at getting either HALO gemtech or an AAC M4 2000 silencer for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Nice Aug Richie I note we also have very similar kitchen tiles to you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

HAHA!

Same Scar, Same G&G CQB-H, Same accessories.... And same kitchen.

Are you my other personality? like fight club or some shiat., rofl

you have good taste though., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

vtec, Where did you get mag adapter for AUG?

Its actually a custom job i made up, not finihsed yet though, it uses parts of an SA80 magwell and mag release catch.

Its a great AEG, congrats. Did you change the barrel before you put the silencer on or does that silencer cover the outer barrel like the OPS silencers?

Mine is still away in a shop for a stock mod. Looking at getting either HALO gemtech or an AAC M4 2000 silencer for it.
    If that question was intended at me, i just removed the flash-hider and the front folding iron sight(not necessary but it wasnt locking into place completetely, so i was afraiid of it scratching and damaging the finish on the silencer) to put on the silencer..The HALO gemtech look the bees knees on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

vtec wrote: »
    HAHA!

Same Scar, Same G&G CQB-H, Same accessories.... And same kitchen.

Are you my other personality? like fight club or some shiat., rofl

you have good taste though., :D

Scary alright...... :eek: :)

• Advertisement

Its actually a custom job i made up, not finihsed yet though, it uses parts of an SA80 magwell and mag release catch.

That santag magwell almost looks like part part of the standard stock, great job.

A bit more body work and you'd have yourself a TAR 21:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theburi

A modification of AUG is made to take Stanag but no version available in airsoft. ref:
    http://www.steyr-aug.com/m16aug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Very nicely done, but we wouln't expect and less of you:)

Also, good job on the foregrip:D Do the same to that flashider though, get some snazy madbull instead:p

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Where did you get the Eotech?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Nope, the inner barrel sits about half way up the silencer. I removed the 14.5 extention.
    I'm going to leave on the iron sights. It looks much better than with a scope imo

edit> replying a week late...typical...

Nice job chalky, that looks the biz.,:)

Whats the make of the EoTech 552 on your AUG A2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

very nice gun chalky loads deadly!!!!!

well done

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Thanks guys.
    I had intended on doing that for some time now, only just got around to it the other day.
    It still needs an inner barrel, and a sling that can hold a battery though.

I'm gonna have to get to a skirmish to try some of these customs out. I haven't been in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

lovely job on the JG stubby airsofty

Advertisement