Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

There's a lot of great design people in Russia (ref. Su27 Flanker family, for example). Why can't they come up with some decent camo patterns of their own instead of copying everyone else's?

And don't roll out the old Spetsnaz infiltration excuse. Meh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Thats actually a nice looking camo., dunno how effective it would be though., it kinda looks like the desert flectarn in reverse colours.,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Puding can I ask where you got the felecktarn d from? Soviet propaganda,red soldier or a different retailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

There's a lot of great design people in Russia (ref. Su27 Flanker family, for example). Why can't they come up with some decent camo patterns of their own instead of copying everyone else's?

sorry i forgot war was a fashion show....;)

considering a large number of country have used the flecktarn principles as a foundation, russian took the danish version and adapted it , i find it a lot nicer than the danish version as its not so repetitive.

lots and lots of 'copy' other country camo, dmp cadpat are to well know examples, your argument is slightly floored :)
    hats actually a nice looking camo., dunno how effective it would be though

but the camo is a lot darker in read life and i have no problems with it, for me it was picked as a summer camo, it all depends on the environment your in, for htra its not of much use, but for cork its a great choose the same as cadpat
    Puding can I ask where you got the felecktarn d from? Soviet propaganda,red soldier or a different retailer?

http://redzone.com.pl/index.php great service, posted 5th arrived 7th and excellent communication

Puding wrote: »
    sorry i forgot war was a fashion show....;)

War may be a serious business, but airsoft's definitely a fashion show, amongst other things :)
    considering a large number of country have used the flecktarn principles as a foundation, russian took the danish version and adapted it , i find it a lot nicer than the danish version as its not so repetitive.

Danish is designed for forests (thanks Hive), that's why it's so dense.
    lots and lots of 'copy' other country camo, dmp cadpat are to well know examples, your argument is slightly floored :)

Yes, but only slightly. Most, if not all, of the spot camos can trace their lineage back to the German Tarnmuster(s) of the 30's and 40's. The splinter patterns go back even further. My point was that the Russians are well capable of coming up with something original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's not what original though, it's what works that counts. Take the AK for example, personally I can't stand how it looks but the basic AK has been taken and copied dozens of times with slight alterations and modifications over the decades because it works well. French and Irish camo patterns are so close the French ones just looks like it's a faded version of the Irish one. Norwegian and Swedish camo patterns are identical in colour choices, the only difference being the Norwegian has rounded shapes and the Swedish has straight edged shapes.
    There are only so many effective patterns you can go through before you end up with the dreaded pizza-flage. Or ACU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

lol the camo i use is pretty unique:D

War may be a serious business, but airsoft's definitely a fashion show, amongst other things

Yes airsoft for a lot of people is a fashion show, but your comments where in regard to russian design camo , it is not designed with airsoft in mind, that is why my reply was in regard to 'war' and not airsoft.
    My point was that the Russians are well capable of coming up with something original.

And they do :) but its a bit childish to slam something because its based on another design, like saying ''sorry you cant use that, someone else has already done it''.

The US is capable of coming up with there own designs so why did they use Canadian capdat as a basis for marpat.

The military use what works simple as, the Russian military never normally change or update unless they have to, just look at the Georgian conflict, some people even call them backwards in a way.

MultiCam is actually the odd one out, of that bunch in the photo, because it's a blotch/fade pattern and because it works differently to the others. But I take your point about the Russians, let's not argue about it :)

its not arguing its actually an interesting debate :) that picture was me getting board and seeing how many different types of camo i had, the multi cam was a freebie from ehobbyasia, small so of no use to me

• Advertisement

that was quite a calm and professional debate you lads had, least it didnt turn into a pissing match like most of those debates lol fairplay

Very nice vfc pdw :D i've heard there a very nice bit of kit from everything i've read, not my bag but i can see the quality in it, the peq is a pain, have you seen the ra tech version modified to fit a lipo internally.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

G3-Nut wrote: »
    ...unfortunately it isnt an actual military issue version, i know this because it isnt IR treated and thermal body heat can be seen through the fabric,unlike the issued version..

just want to point out that IR treating does not mask body heat. thats not the idea. the idea is that the dyes used are of non IR reactive nature, thus not glowing when seen through night vision. your actual thermal sig will be the same...although not really relevent to airsoft i doubt... until we get specter gunships in airsoft.....:D

just want to point out that IR treating does not mask body heat. thats not the idea. the idea is that the dyes used are of non IR reactive nature, thus not glowing when seen through night vision. your actual thermal sig will be the same...although not really relevent to airsoft i doubt... until we get specter gunships in airsoft.....:D

if you read care fully i said, the uniform is not IR treated, and it doesnt hide thermal body heat, i stated those as 2 different things, the military issue version is made of a temperature control fabric, thermal signature is extremely weak through it, only the best of thermal cameras may pick up a very faint signature..that is why the yanks are all over the turks to see how they did it..

i know the difference between both:p but im not being a prick, i know you were just helping! thanks anyway man!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

have you seen the ra tech version modified to fit a lipo internally.

I've seen a video on youtube that shows a lipo installed. from what I can see it seems pretty simple but it requires a couple of parts to be removed. They're just for show and can easily be taken in and out but I think I'd rather a battery sling. The one thing I'd say for the peq is that it hides the wires easily. The one issue I have with the PDW is that the hop up is pretty hard to adjust. If it wasn't for the bolt locking system, (which is cool :p) it'd be impossible.

..that is why the yanks are all over the turks to see how they did it..

well i want to know how they did it too. cos it sound science fiction. heat is heat. i cannot figure out how you would do that without containing the heat. :eek:
    cool i thought you were expressing them as the same thing. all is good. :)

well i want to know how they did it too. cos it sound science fiction. heat is heat. i cannot figure out how you would do that without containing the heat. :eek:
    cool i thought you were expressing them as the same thing. all is good. :)
    i havent a clue but it was bound to happen, just like the way before IR treated clothes it was thought you would always glow in IR light no matter what you wear lol..either way, doesnt all new technology sound science fiction, like cameras that specifically recagnise cars and people, space stations, airborne laser systems, the aurora, the us navys rail gun...half of the stuff was thought up by science fiction and then put into practice lol...either way, its like you said, no need for it in airsoft lmao:D

..... its like you said, no need for it in airsoft lmao:D

well ya, no NEED...but it would be fun! first i think we need want heli gunships. bob can be pilot.

well ya, no NEED...but it would be fun! first i think we need want heli gunships. bob can be pilot.

oh i dont think andy_g will be very pleased if he doesnt get a gunship aswell lol

oh i dont think andy_g will be very pleased if he doesnt get a gunship aswell lol

well ok. ...but only if he is good and does runs to the shops for us in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

The aurora? Hows that practical science fiction??

The aurora? Hows that practical science fiction??

it is like something you would witness science fiction is what we are implying, an unmanned plane that flies something like mach 6 at 200,000 is pretty wierd...if thats what its really capable of

im liking the aks74 there puding...got a proper look to it with that thing wrapped around the stock, what is that by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

let me be the first to congratulate you Puding.

how was the fit?
    is she using the factory bolt or did you need to get the RA tech aftermarket.?
    what are the mags like?

m liking the aks74 there puding...got a proper look to it with that thing wrapped around the stock, what is that by the way?

its a Russian tourniquet with a trauma bandage in in the skeleton stock, same set up as used by a lot of Russian troops in combat, they where set up this was so they there close at hand if needed
    how was the fit?
    is she using the factory bolt or did you need to get the RA tech aftermarket.?
    what are the mags like?

kit fitted fine into the vfc without issue, factory bolt at the moment, I've had no problem with it but i do plan on buying the aluminum version that ra tech is bring out, the magazines are not perfect, 1 of mine does not hold gas at all the return spring on the valve is so weak.

i plan to replace the springs on all of the magazines valves as they all seem a little on the soft side, the magazines also have to be dremeled to fit the gbb so each one is a custom fit

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

its a Russian tourniquet with a trauma bandage in in the skeleton stock, same set up as used by a lot of Russian troops in combat, they where set up this was so they there close at hand if needed

kit fitted fine into the vfc without issue, factory bolt at the moment, I've had no problem with it but i do plan on buying the aluminum version that ra tech is bring out, the magazines are not perfect, 1 of mine does not hold gas at all the return spring on the valve is so weak.

i plan to replace the springs on all of the magazines valves as they all seem a little on the soft side, the magazines also have to be dremeled to fit the gbb so each one is a custom fit

is that the fill valve or striker valve?
    are the valves standardised i.e. could you pull one out of a pistol mag or are they specific to the gun/mag.

is the gun any more rattle-y since the install?

sorry now for all the questions but GBBs are the only way, as far as im concerned anyway, and although i rather the full stock version, that is a tidy gun.

the only issue i have had is with the striker valve on the gas release side, from forums i;ve read other people have been able to replace the valves although i have not been able to source any myself, the valves seem fine thought its only the return spring that seems a little soft which means there slow to close or simple on one of them unable to close fully :(

it rattles a little but no more than a normal aeg but if you do get sound its a clear metal on metal, i rather like it :)

and if you want a full stock then you can fit it into a full stock :P im tempted to fit a kit into ak74m for my vdv loadout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

I'm waiting for them to release 7.62 style mags, then want one in a VFC AKM :)

I'm waiting for them to release 7.62 style mags, then want one in a VFC AKM

hummm nice :) i was thinking of that as well, hears coping they release them :D having taken apart the ak74 mag it will be interesting to see how they fit it into the 7.62

what do you think of the vfc akm matt finish? i like it on my aim and ak74m its nice and very hard to scratch, i don;t know if i want to hold out for the real sword version of plump for the lct version as i like the glossy finish more

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Nice job their puding,.,
    Im not an AK fan by any stretch of the imagination but thats pretty cool.,

Advertisement