Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

swapping out the barrel and the gearbox is simple. all the plastic parts in both guns are the same, just different colour. swapping barrels and hop-ups on both augs is really simple too.
    the rail system will take anything you can throw at it. next i need to add a flashlight, a laser, and a bipod with wheels, so i can move it. lol.

this is high praise indeed!!! an AUG basher likes it, i must have done something right!! go me! :)

Oh i hate AUGs too, and in fact, I'm not made on the A3 rail yet. but i do love the averall look going on. :)

Nice Kar98 in there too.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Masada wrote: »
    Oh i hate AUGs too, and in fact, I'm not made on the A3 rail yet. but i do love the averall look going on. :)

Nice Kar98 in there too.,

thats what caught my attention, it kept a little originality along with the changes, then that worn look is great...i like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

G3-Nut wrote: »
    thats what caught my attention, it kept a little originality along with the changes, then that worn look is great...i like it...

i have to even up the worn look on the scope rails and edges too. something else to do of an evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Nah, that woul do...phantom kit, A2, quueit GB, super long 6.01/6.03, 50mm scope, load of mids. Thats a DM. I have the body secured already, just need the dosh, and more for phantom and GB ect.

Then theres the SMG Variant......

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=46&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=349&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Well at least you were the first :P

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Phuking Hell that AK is disgusting!!!
    Looks like its been molested all its life by 80 grit sandpaper :eek::eek::eek:

Who ever disgraced that soviet killing machine should be tortured!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

80grit my middle nut. There's the guts of a grands worth of silver plating on that. People in airsoft are so used to seeing the cheap way to "bling" a rifle or pistol, they forget people exist that are willing to put in a lot more effort, planning and thought into the work than others are.

As for it being disgusting, well, it's still an AK, so yeah, it looks horrible. However, the silver saved it somewhat. Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Alzir wrote: »
    Phuking Hell that AK is disgusting!!!
    Looks like its been molested all its life by 80 grit sandpaper :eek::eek::eek:

Who ever disgraced that soviet killing machine should be tortured!

I think its a work in progress the next stage will look like this

ak47kitty.jpg

:P sorry Dex

Ha! Wishful thinking buddy!

Though my friend has been harping on about getting her that Hello Kitty M870 on Redwolf for her birthday ever since I showed her the image, so the idea is cutting close to the bone.

lol., ak turned out really well dex. all it needs now is a good polish and it'll look the biz.,:)

jeez what am i thinkin, i think im coming around to AKs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Masada wrote: »
    i think im coming around to AKs...

Nah ... medically speaking you're still on 'nam time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Nice one on the webbing Doc... is not Flecktarn issue gear the toughest sh*t on the planet? I have mine outfitted with buttpack + 4 canteen pouches + shovel pouch, and I love it to bits.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Snazzy job, look forward to seeing it in the flesh(steel) :)

It's a lot shinier than the picture shows. The silver is polished and then scotch-brushed.

Remind me to actually get your stuff in the shop on Saturday. I couldn't find it 2 weeks ago and didn't think of it last week. I did a test run on a spare WE 1911 frame, turned out well but had some issues with some of the moving parts that I didn't bother removing, like the grip-safety, completely siezing.

NakedDex wrote: »
    80grit my middle nut. There's the guts of a grands worth of silver plating on that. People in airsoft are so used to seeing the cheap way to "bling" a rifle or pistol, they forget people exist that are willing to put in a lot more effort, planning and thought into the work than others are.

As for it being disgusting, well, it's still an AK, so yeah, it looks horrible. However, the silver saved it somewhat. Can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear though.

Well looks like you have just completely wasted your time then bud, cos actually looks worse than a sows ear gone wrong!!!

ep1kfail, ep1k........fail :(:(:(

Ha! Wishful thinking buddy!

Though my friend has been harping on about getting her that Hello Kitty M870 on Redwolf for her birthday ever since I showed her the image, so the idea is cutting close to the bone.

FYI thats actually a Mossberg 500.

You seem to be missing the point. It was done for a) curiosity if results, b) opportunity to do something different and c) becoz it's blingin' innit.

Custom pieces don't have to make sense. Wedging a pair of 500bhp engines into a carbon fiber and aluminium spaceframe and throwing a couple of superchargers in to boot doesn't make sense from a car building standpoint. Bugatti still did it though, and flogged it for a fraction of the cost price. Why? Because they could and they were curious to see what it'd turn out like, as were plenty of other people. Same goes for this. I did it because I could and because other people wanted to see the result. Noone wants one any more than they realistically want minigun, but everyone's curious to see it.
    To me, it still looks like an AK, and I can't stand AK's. But tasteful or not, how many people do you know that have such a unique one?

/rant (I do rather hate being told I've wasted time on anything)

Oh, and by the way, it's hanging in the shop getting plenty of attention. All of it very good. Purpose served.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Dex gotta say hate the AKs but the silver really suits it, should have an african dictator game at HRTA one weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It has been getting a rave response in the shop.

I've had 4 people genuinely enquire about prices. There is a market for this sort of stuff.

One guy who doesnt play airsoft, never been to a site, has such nice kit it makes me quiver..he has a full absolute badass Army of Two loadout, and is willing to drop alot of money to someone who can chrone an m4, gold plate and ak and silverise and glamorise a 249 para.

Dex is onto a winner here :D

It's a lot shinier than the picture shows. The silver is polished and then scotch-brushed.

Remind me to actually get your stuff in the shop on Saturday. I couldn't find it 2 weeks ago and didn't think of it last week. I did a test run on a spare WE 1911 frame, turned out well but had some issues with some of the moving parts that I didn't bother removing, like the grip-safety, completely siezing.

Its beside richies little desk, whats the best way to remind you?

A bribe usually works. I'd settle for a pm/email/phone call to the shop on Saturday, just to remind me to bag it.

• Advertisement

I'll ring the shop.

Your pm's must get lost in the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

defonately onto something dex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nice pistol there Tigger, where did you get the tightbore from?

That pistol is lovely Tigger.

I'm mad for long barrelled pistols and compenssators, dripping wet so it is :)

saw the AK in the flesh today dex., very nice job done, its a truly unique piece you have there., :)

I am going all out old skool gucci
    Authentic US Vietnam 1965 Webbing, with genuine gas mask pouch, along with my German Issue Berets ( Armoured core, paratroopers and medic)
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1312/3270619034_d4e090587a.jpg

Is that actually an American belt doc? it looks kinda like one of them Davis belts but im not sure if its that or an old french one.
    The davis belt was made in about 67-69 never really issued in large supply coz it had a fault whereby it could actually come undone by itself.,
    the older 56 belt is a lot more common and has a much better clasp.,:)

it came from our shop, so im assuming its not us issue tbh :D

Its a Victor special :P

ah i see., it has a different clasp to the ones i remember. it looks like the pistol belt the old Irish MP's used to have.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

kinkstr wrote: »
    Nice pistol there Tigger, where did you get the tightbore from?

airsoft global

they are in japan do all the pro gear pricy but they put a big cert on the packet explaining that the bits are toys that they couldn't be used to hurt any one and other helpful stuff

i couldn't recommend them more

my next project is a hfc m190 with comp that i'm gonna put a long tightbore into and use a cnc ring to fix the barrel into the comp

like an accucomp but with a beretta, you'll be proud of what happened yer olkd beretta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Sounds good alrite, the price of those kinda parts is what put me off building a race gun. That and i made the mistake of buying a new slide that was a bastard to fit and didnt look into the price of upgrade parts first. Does it Cycle properely with that tightbore?

Advertisement