Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

paul stop teasing me :( next you will be holding mine to ransom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭skapegoat

Nice Horgan P, do you mind me asking where and how much for one of them?

Tis the holy grail alright!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

where'd ya get the kimbers sam? they look nice, does it still have the trades after being blasted or were they too shallow? the first pic looks like theres a slight slowing of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

That is a sweet 1911 Sam! Did you just sand it down by hand or did you use a dremel?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Dex offered to do it for me with a blaster on the frame, slide and barrel, and the smaller parts were done in nitromors and with abrasive pads.

Gonna pick up some p1800 or 2000 and try to get a shinier finish, then finish that with polish, and maybe a coat of clear laquer, but I'm not certain.

Those grips are on rsov, nice rubberised feel to them, but are made of plastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Compared to the MP5, that thing was a dream to do. I was surprised at the quality of the metal underneath actually. A little TLC with the wet-grit alumox after the plastic shot peening and it came out super smooth. Props to Bell for actually having a decent cast.

I don't think you'd need to lacquer it after you polished it. If you use a good polish, that should be enough to seal it from any corrosion. After that it's just a case of keeping it clean and dry. Lacquering makes life easier in that it'd be much more resistant to corrosion and have higher water rappellence, but it'd wear off very quickly at areas with friction contacts like the slide guide channel and the trigger.

If ya want to polish it sam, look at even lighter papers. the P2500 is what i would use and your use it with soapy water, thne some compound instead of the polish, you can get metal rubbing compound in B&Q but if your near a motor factors ask for G3 or silver T-cut. this is an abrasive compound and works very like sandpaper. you can also get polishing wheel attachments for a drill and that will make life a lot easier. when its done then polish it up. i wouldnt touch it with laquer. it'll take the finish from it and make it look plastic. :)

I actually like the look of that rail on there sam, where'd ya get it?

Also, i think its hilariously ironic to see a gun owned by you, fitted with an RIS rail when not designed for one, yes, one of those rails you are always on about when bashing the M4-brigade... :D rofl

Those fools couldn't make the oicw work, it took one man, one MAN to get it right.

Quite frankly he is less a man now, than some sort of demi quasi semi deity... of airsoft.

Confederate flag was a fine touch.

Rail to rail is the new tool in the tacti-crappers tool box :D

Masada wrote: »
    I actually like the look of that rail on there sam, where'd ya get it?

Also, i think its hilariously ironic to see a gun owned by you, fitted with an RIS rail when not designed for one, yes, one of those rails you are always on about when bashing the M4-brigade... :D rofl

Hey, I know what I like :)

Its an element rail, bit of a loose fit at first, but there is a hole you can add a grub screw to to tighten it against the trigger guard, not included :rolleyes:

Luckily I had one, I prefer the smooth frame look, but want to be able to use their accesories, I have the same type of rail for the m9 for the same reason.

Its made of nylon fibre rather than metal, they aren't that rigid but can be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

holy $hit dex that is some set up you have there!!!:eek:

did you just do it for the craic or are you actually going to skirmish with it???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Christ no, I'm not. I only did it because I can, and because someone else said I couldn't. Just trying to keep airsoft fun in the midst of all the super seriousness.

It is oddly comfortable to hold though...

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

nice one with the 1911 Sam, never liked those kind of Kimbers before but they suit the kinda dull satin finish ya have there.

burn that rail though, next thing ya know youll be banging an M4 stock & buffer tube on your realsword, topped off with an eotech.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The 1911 looks great sam, much nicer without the rail though i'd say

Ah yeah, the whole idea was that I can have a smooth frame when I want to, but can have the whole laser attachment going on also for the heck of it.

Also those rails cost a fiver or so, and I added it onto the order.

I have an exposed metal mp5 also, am gonna re paint it, but might leave it all exposed metal and shiny for a while for the fun of it :D

Big_dan that is one bloody sweet MP5. How much did that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Big_dan that is one bloody sweet MP5. How much did that set you back?

Cheers,

The mp5 cost €170. Got it from Eirsoft on special order from Tony.

Check the link to see what it looks like before I made it mine

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/jing-gong-mp5-navy-r-a-s-airsoft-aeg.html

Tis nice and heavy.

Had to cut away a big chunk of the scope mount to make the red dot fit.

All the other gear I think set me back about €150 including 8 mid cap mags, all from ehobby.

I'm gonna have to get me one of those.
    Whats it like performance wise? Accuracy and what not. As I wasn't really impressed with my MP5K. (Maybe I was expecting a little too much from it).

Have you done anything to the internals?

The SVD is looking the business there puding., might have to get one of them myself. the quality looks really well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Beast ASI

I'd be all over that thing if it wasn't an AEG :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭big dan

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to get me one of those.
    Whats it like performance wise? Accuracy and what not. As I wasn't really impressed with my MP5K. (Maybe I was expecting a little too much from it).

Have you done anything to the internals?

Haven't done anything to the internals. Masada had to downgrade it in Eirsoft for me and said the internals were nice. Version 2 gear box.

Haven't skirmished it yet but from testing it, at 50ft, it's accuracy is great. Range, I could only guess that it'd reach out to 75-100ft and be accurate enough to take somebody out.

With a longer barrel than the mp5k I think you'd be happier with this one.

The battery is stored in the hand grip. There's no room for it in the hand guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Bullets that gun rack is insanely awesome! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

A long way from being finished.
    The Danish Oil finish will take a bit of time
    but should make it look very nice.
    (just thinking I could use Danish oil on my KAR98)

A real shame I could not get everything right.
    But its solid as a rock, and will hold some of the longer
    AEG's fine.

For the base I had planned on having a insert on each
    quadrant that was removable and interchangeable
    so the Butts of the AEG's could sit into the pocket and not move about. Ideally the base should have been larger and
    the tier resting point should have been 2 inches higher,
    and also a reduced diameter.

Unfortunatly the wood I had to work with I could only
    get a max 30" Dia base, and the top tier I could not make
    smaller as then I could not get the 2.5-3" Slots in.

Out of all of the Airsoft Gear I have it was the AUG
    that needed the biggest Foot Print for the butt!! (The M249 actually needed a smaller footprint)
    And I dont think anything needed to be wider than 2.75" wide around the handguard area.

Its real cool to be able to rotate it though!

100 Euros to be able to use FAS woodworking facilities for 5 weeks (twice a week)
    140 Euros for the wood,
    20 Euros for a can of Danish oil and sandpaper.

(I still need to buy screws and borrow a drill to put it all together and find a way of
    getting it through the doors in my house)

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Hey Doc, where did you get that storm gun case from and how much was it?

Oh and nice rack bullets, might make myself one now actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Hey Doc, where did you get that storm gun case from and how much was it?

Oh and nice rack bullets, might make myself one now actually!

Opscommand I think, gerrout ordered it for me, cost me €260 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

theDoc where did you get those revolvers?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

nice revolvers doc!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

nice revolvers doc!

Theres a mention of them on the latest Take Aim magazine.
    ASG catalog from looking at the article on it says they are 300fps and material is ABS/Metal does not say if they
    are a full metal body or not.

~B

yeah fully metal, bar the grip which is plastic.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Masada is there every a week when you don't get new stuff:D

Advertisement