Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Horse84

Firekitten wrote: »
    Dont you mean Cost a fortune?

Buying period gear off ebay and at mil fairs/ surplus stores is significantly cheaper than those chaps...

I'm aware of that pal, but for those of us who work weekends and other silly hours (and are grateful for it), then online stores like SOF are our only option....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Got some pics of the GBB M4 with magpul goodies on, still have a few more bits to go but im liking how its working out. gonna ditch the acog in favour of an Eotech, an under rail for the MOE handgaurd, magpul trigger gaurd and ladder rails, RIS front sight post so i can stick MBUS sights on, and a magpul receiver when i can confirm it is compatable. smile.gif

That M4 is fooken deadly looking;), can you get that one but not in a gas version?
    Was that M4 painted or did you buy is like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You could easily make it from a dboys M4A1 at €150, then MOE handgaurd at about 30 ish, the stock maybe 70 and the grip another 30-40ish. you can get the MOE parts in olive drap, black and tan,

this was it with its black MOE handgaurd on, i had a CTR stock too but its not on it in this pic.
    3596197756_dac91b18cd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

you just made me add another item onto my 'wish list'.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Masada wrote: »
    You could easily make it from a dboys M4A1 at €150, then MOE handgaurd at about 30 ish, the stock maybe 70 and the grip another 30-40ish. you can get the MOE parts in olive drap, black and tan,

this was it with its black MOE handgaurd on, i had a CTR stock too but its not on it in this pic.

Where did you get all your parts for it?

• Advertisement

various different scorces, usually Tony.

what parts in particualr are ya refering to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I slapped a MOE handguard on my m4 and it truly is the biz.

I laaaaves it.

Yeah their great, lovely feel off them and rock solid fitment. their made from a proper polymer as aposed to the cheapo plastic of the regular front grips. Im rocking 3 of them now on different guns. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

various different scorces, usually Tony.

what parts in particualr are ya refering to?

All your magpul goodies :)

They would look mighty fine on my G&G M16 R4 what you think?
    I would like to get the magpul PTS MOE stock.. and the PTS MOE handguard

Thanks, Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

thats one crazy cool stock:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

argh that m4 looks amazing:)
    im stuck now deciding wether to get one of those and pimpin' it
    or and m60:(

get both,. you know you want to...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Richie, that M4 is effin made of win and probably some ABS. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Richie, that M4 is effin made of win and probably some ABS. :D

+1 Think we have to crown Richie "l33t gucc1e w1nn3r":pac:

Seriously though..great rifle..the tan even looks good:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Firekitten wrote: »
    Dont you mean Cost a fortune?

Buying period gear off ebay and at mil fairs/ surplus stores is significantly cheaper than those chaps...
    That can depend,
    The chances of being at a mil fair and have the money available to buy all the stuff for my kit at once are quite slim, well at least they are for me,

or
    I could try ebay, although I have seen stuff I need for my kit on ebay, I find alot of it with the shipping included tends to be fairly close to SoF's prices with shipping anyway,

or
    I could use SoF, a retailer I trust and has excellent service, including prioritising your order if you need it rapido, it has all(as good as) the stuff I could need for my kit and quick shipping at a cheap 15 euro,

of course I already use SoF alot and dont really seee a reason to change,
    maybe I'm just biased:rolleyes:

Blay wrote: »
    the tan even looks good:P

Wait til you see what i did to me P90 earlier then.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm going to come right out and say it.

Meh.

Even as a fan of Magpul stuff, I can't bring myself to actually liking that. I know that'll sound hypocritical when I post up the images of two of the ones I brought home at the weekend, but I'm just not digging it somehow.

Also, why are you putting rails on the handguard, then putting rail covers on the rails?

Do i even need to answer that question???

since when does functionality comes before gucci'ness?

A: COZ ITZ TEH GUCHIE MAN!

:D

True, but there's a limit. Screwing rails to a handguard for the sole reason of putting handguards onto your handguard is pole vaulting over that limit.

Here's the thing. I was never pushed by M4's, hence my insatiable need to make them not look like an M4. That looks like an M4. It's a '96 Micra with a body kit and some neons.

nah no offence taken, twill be all the more flattering when i see you have an absolute identical one in a couple of weeks...

plus, shes not finished. ;)

• Advertisement

Hahaha, dude, I'm done with Armalites. I'll keep doing them up on my quest to rid the world of uniformity but I'm done owning them. I sold all but four of my previous collection of nearly twenty and paid for a kick ass holiday with them. Even the GBB isn't tempting me anymore.
    I'm getting my Tavors (yes, plural), revamping my beloved G36K and then I'm just going to sit and wait for the G&G FN2000 to come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bod is god

<SNIP>
    post of the year:
    I'm going to come right out and say it.

Meh.

Even as a fan of Magpul stuff, I can't bring myself to actually liking that. I know that'll sound hypocritical when I post up the images of two of the ones I brought home at the weekend, but I'm just not digging it somehow.

Also, why are you putting rails on the handguard, then putting rail covers on the rails?

you sir have hit the nail, with precise accuracy, on the head with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I really hate to say this, but I actually like the M4, dont know if I've ever like an M4 before....

Thumbs up riche, you made Suan Boyle look like Jessica Alba.

bod is god wrote: »
    <snip>

The estate of Mr. Dex Terity would like it to be known publicly and officially that his thoughts, comments and intentions to jokingly harass, abuse and otherwise good naturedly josh with his friend and collegue, Mr. Masada T. Magpul, are in no way affiliated to, or represented by the apparent support of, the quoted poster nor the clear muppetry shown within his/her post.

Further evidence of this lack association can be found in his Munster rugby membership and in his contraversial belief that B.O'D is, in actual fact, not God and is, by contrast a fairly average player who will only play well when he could be bothered.

Signed,
    Richard Mackowitz
    Theodore Grills
    -Enforcers for the estate of Mr. Dex Terity.

Thumbs up riche, you made Suan Boyle look like Jessica Alba.

Similarly to susan boyle, it needs a lot of feeding and feels quite chunky in the hand, but its a good performer providing you can control the gas...

thanks for comments lads,
    I agree with dex though, its an M4, and contrary to popular belief im not actually crazy on the receivers design, hence magpulifying it to make something appealing from it. I hated it as an M4A1 :)

the eotech has been added and the magpul trigger gaurd will be later, needs a slight bit of modding. also have a read sight on it at the moment to make it look less naked. im thinkin maybe a shorter barrel next too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Would not mind sticking a different stock, handguard, pistol grip on the
    M4 thats on the way to me. Anything to make it look a little less like an M4.
    As Hanguards go the Magpul one looks ok.

I'd like something furniture wise in OD (Without having to spray paint it)
    to add a bit of colour to my rather bland black collection of gear.

How come its always wet in the place where Masada takes his photos?
    Surely Irish weather cannot be that bad? or are ya hosing down the
    area with water before you take the shots for dramatic effect?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

bullets wrote: »
    Would not mind sticking a different stock, handguard, pistol grip on the
    M4 thats on the way to me. Anything to make it look a little less like an M4.
    As Hanguards go the Magpul one looks ok.

I'd like something furniture wise in OD (Without having to spray paint it)
    to add a bit of colour to my rather bland black collection of gear.

~B

Get all OD furniture and an ELCAN and you'll have yourself a C8A1.

Lookin foward to this M4 GBB myself, being my first Armalite in the collection and all.

I've an M16 sitting spare in the house that I was seriously considering turning into a C7 actually. I was looking for proper green foreguards but they're impossible to find so I might just grab a new black set and texture-spray them along with the stock. The grip I can get fairly easily. A green Elcan is a big ask too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The ASG web site has nearly all OD furniture for M4/16s. Just lookend and they have CA green handguards for the M4 and M16. All thats needed is some god mid cap waffle mags.

http://www.actionsportgames.com/catalogue/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

or you could just spray paint throw in some wear and tear on the field will look great :)

Advertisement