Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Oh :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Uh all the augs :'( I just threw up

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Cruelsphere

Treadhead, in the second picture of the black AUG, what kind of magazine is it taking ?
    cheers,
    cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks like a VN short M16 Stanag type magazine to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It's a truly STANAG AUG. It uses unmodified M4/M16 mags and releases them via the standard AUG mag release button.
    In this case it's a VN mag - which is a Vietnam style 20 round M16 mag... They looked better in the AUG than the standard 30 rounders, though they also work well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Can i ask what mods you did to achieve this? Always wanted an aug but those standard mags put me off them tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Well I've been meaning to write up the tutorial to post on Arnies for a while now, maybe I'll finish it now! ;) It's far easier to explain with pictures! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lovely collection of Augs there man. Still trying to get my Tight bore to fit into the HBAR. Stupid prometheus make fat barrels:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I want an SVD, A&K one seems pretty good value for money,
    But does it come in wood ?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

bullets wrote: »
    I want an SVD, A&K one seems pretty good value for money,
    But does it come in wood ?

~B

tbh great value for money,

unfortuntaly no wood version yet, there was talk of a fake wood version but no news on that, never heared anything abotu a real wood version

rea steel svd furniture is also expensive if you can find it, im hoping a company like lct will see an opertunity and produce some nice wood and synthetic kits for the svd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Found this if your interested....

http://www.airsoftworld.net/dragunov-ak-svd-wood-kit.html

qty 1 left.... could be a fight here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Richie, there is Action Railed gas blocks on the WGC site in the new release page about half way down. Was thinking on getting one for the M4 GBB.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Found this if your interested....

http://www.airsoftworld.net/dragunov-ak-svd-wood-kit.html

qty 1 left.... could be a fight here lol

will not fit the a&k svd, that is designed for the JG ak svd aeg look alike and is completely wrong tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Richie, there is Action Railed gas blocks on the WGC site in the new release page about half way down. Was thinking on getting one for the M4 GBB.

thanks man, :)

Tony ordered one from a supplier for me yesterday but i'll be needing another anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

mm, I know 'aeg' gas blocks fit the agm gbb perfectly fine :) the diameter of the barrel is the same externally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Puding,

That site is overkill...to the state of genocide

well some would say the same thing about magpul branded well everything ;)..... but lets no go there:rolleyes:

well your looking at a piece of kit dating from the 1980 its western equivalent would have been the N/PVS-2 Starlight, tbh it remarkable well balanced and light

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

What kind of mount is on that Dragunov? I'm looking for a sight mount for one with a rail but that one seems rather high. How is it mated to the body?

my jayzuz....

thats a big sight. I read these comments before seeing the pic so i was expecting something a little on the overkill side, that blew my expectations out of the water though., :D

not really my thing but serious gucci piece all the same. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭carentankiller

NakedDex wrote: »
    What kind of mount is on that Dragunov? I'm looking for a sight mount for one with a rail but that one seems rather high. How is it mated to the body?

Its a standard AK side rail mount, its got a spring loaded screw on the catch I just tightened it a bit and it grabs the Dragunov rail pretty well no movement at all.

It is a bit high from the body but its not bad at all looking through the scope.

I am not sure of the make as it came with my G&G AK47 which I bought from NinjaLmK and as far as I know he got it from TerrorFirmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Nice one pud, would imagine it would look better on an svd:D And out of interest, where the hell do you find stuff like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I haven't had a look in the photos thread in a while - the standard of presentation is climbing! Great stuff in there.

Treadhead, if you're still reading, I notice that you had an AUG with a reversed M16 mag, was just for show?

Its a standard AK side rail mount, its got a spring loaded screw on the catch I just tightened it a bit and it grabs the Dragunov rail pretty well no movement at all.

It is a bit high from the body but its not bad at all looking through the scope.

I am not sure of the make as it came with my G&G AK47 which I bought from NinjaLmK and as far as I know he got it from TerrorFirmer.

Ah, I thought as much. It looked like a regular mount but I wasn't sure. I still need to find a proper mount for the Dragunov.

posp3-9x42.jpg

the svd rail and the ak real is different, the ak designed clamp will fit on an svd rail but not always with the best fit but a svd clamp will not fit onto an ak as the svd clamp has it does not fit high enough

there are mount that give you a 20mm rail to use to mount western optics but i've only seem them with the ak high as you can see in the other posts, some of the china soft clones are a confusing as they have the svd clam look but the high of an ak mount

there is also a problem with the clone posp sight it site to low eveb for the svd and needs modification to fit correctly on the svd

100_0549.jpg
    100_0551.jpg
    (pictures from arnies)

Yeah it's specifically the SVD type mount that I'm after as I really don't want that much height on it. I want to use it to mount, as you said, western optics so I need one that has that SVD clamp, but gives me a low profile rail option.

At this stage I might just scrap the idea of doing it on an SVD and use a 74 instead. The concept doesn't I had in my head doesn't necessarily call for an SVD, but I would have like to have used it. There's just too many things standing in the way, compatibility wise.

As for that P90. I loved them before. Now it's going to take all my will power not to take a can of spray to mine when I get back home.
    It's also reminding me how much I really want that FN2000.

You'll be happy to know i painted my CQC AUG too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

hey joker those grips look tidier than a meth heads sitting room:D

what was the base gun by the way?

Masada wrote: »
    You'll be happy to know i painted my CQC AUG too. :D

You'll be happy to know I approve wholeheartedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Savage very nice masada, cant wait to see the tan aug:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Puding wrote: »
    will not fit the a&k svd, that is designed for the JG ak svd aeg look alike and is completely wrong tbh

Oh right, was only trying to help anyway. tks

Advertisement