Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Lol i wish i could say the same for mine, but yea Ak's are the way to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Whats up with her?

Since day one i have had a problem were the motor and gears would just lock up randomly. I tried everything adjusteing motor height....ect but nothing really worked. But it seems to do it less often now which is good :) . I heard its a common problem in ak's? I know atleast one other person with the same problem. And the stock hop up is usless (well on mine anyway) its either all or nothing. But it is a clone so i kinda expected it.

lol thats all :rolleyes:

Mm, the hop should be fine tbh... they are quite good in kalash guns. Take it out, disasemble and reassemble, should fix any issues it has.

Re motor: Nope, not heard that one. if its locking up, what battery are you using? does it lock in semi or auto? and is it when the battery is full or low?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

have not really had any problems with lock ups myself, the only time i ever had problems was with the stock battery or firefox batterys many moons ago, the hop up bucking is not really crap its just far to hard its designed for the stock 400fps, throw in a softer bucking and jobs a good one

• Advertisement

Im using an 8.4v firefox and its only in full auto. The hop up is working now. Was full of grease when i opened it up :rolleyes:. Still not great but atleast it works :) Last saturday i was running around drogheda with the hop up not working. Challenging to say the least :rolleyes:

would try a 9.6 or a better quality battery

Firefox are bad? :eek: Was going to get a 9.6v but would the stock internals be ok with it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Quick question for Pudding. Where did you get that Magpul single point sling from? :cool:

Will be grand, but tbh id juse use a good quality 8.4.... try component shop for dirty cheap and excelent quality batteries. I cant say much o nthe lockups without getting elbows deep in the gearbox, but its possible its electrics related... Pud?

• Advertisement

well i've had nothing but bad experience from them, there made from cheap cells unfortunately, 1400mha battery may only ever charge to 1000mha, discharge rate is sub par and drops off with continues discharge e,g fully auto, invest in the best charger and best batteries you can and enjoy the benefits :) an area that is neglected by a fair few people, its like running a jet fighter on cheap diesel ( you get the idea :p )

Yea.......i really need a smart charger. Will be my next purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ah, Richie, you should have photoshopped out the .45 and replaced it with 9mm. Need that and an AUG A1 in the next shot.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Pickey Bastid., :D

Hows about that?
    3926789789_401f04d7c5_b.jpg

As much as i hate the AUG, I might get one to do a little photo shoot with.,:)

Fail, you left in ''Auto'':D:D.

That French DPM does a really good job as a standin for Irish DPM.

You've gone this far you have to do the full loadout in a photoshoot, think of the next Take Aim issue.:D

lol,
    that is Irish, The French has similar blacks but the rest isnt that close. i have slovenian too and its very close. :)
    78fb1ebd.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot you can hold of that stuff.:o I'm not at all knowledgeable when it comes to camo designs and patterns. I can tell a true M16A1 from an A2 and an M1911 from an M1911A1 and that's about it.

Right, yore killin me here, this is the closest i can get it without having one in my hand right now., :D

Looks a little whitish aswell, might go at it with a dark crayon or somethin,

3926885895_afcbcbbed0.jpg

Holy ****, thats a serious scope bullets.,

if ya have a bit of barrel wobble, whipp off the top cover from the gun, theres 2 screws in the back of it and 3 in the RIS rail. When that comes off theres 2 semi circle rings clamping the barrel down, just give them a tighten.

Theres also another bigger screw that goes into the bolt carrier from underneath behind the pistol grip. that should have it rock solid,.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I have a pair of scope mounts which are sitting here idle. They are reasonable quality, but were too tall for my liking on the SSG (which has a 40mm objective).

They should be tall enough for your scope, yours for the postage. PM me if you want them.

Reduce, reuse and recycle :)

• Advertisement

the tube on that scope looks to be a 30mm like most 50 mil plus scopes... most 40mm objectives are 25mm tuves bernard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cheers will give it a look tonight.

The Scope was the first scope I bought for my real steel rimfire rifle.
    Found while it was good I got slight chromatic abberation when looking at Black and white paper targets on a sunny day so it was replaced with a more expensive Leupold one. Was sitting gathering dust until I had something big to slap it on.

Nikko Stirling Platinum Nighteater 6-24xmag
    56mm Objective, 30mm Tube size
    Illuminated Mildot, Sidewheel focus
    Bells and whistles and even brightness buttons.

It has a home on top the barrett now, so its not lonesome.
    But as its a display piece for me, It wont be getting any skirmishing.
    (You'd be mad to lug something like that about the place)

~B

I am in sweden next year :D

my 8mm barret project... 3 joules of giggidy giggidy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Firekitten wrote: »
    I am in sweden next year :D

my 8mm barret project... 3 joules of giggidy giggidy :D

That's exactly how a barrett should be, kudos FK

Since Bullets clearly knows his scopes it's likely we would have gotten around to discussing the exact mount dimensions by PM if he was interested in my spares. He'll probably fit RS ones in any case. And even though I'm a bloke, I do know how to use a ruler thanks.

Just figured I'd point out a difference I observed hon, not having a go.

Anyway, This is probably the first time I ever saw someone get pissy over 5mm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Smokerkl

Bullets that is huge-- I like the helicopter bolted to the side of the big bugger aswell :D
    S..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Thanks for the offer of the Mounts Oz.
    I'm ok though as its not touching the rail.

At the time of purchase it was a pain in the back side trying
    to get high mounts for a 30mm Tube size, ended up buying
    from the web. Irish Dealers were looking for over 100 Euros
    for a pair of rings would you believe!!!

Yeah lot of the bigger objective lens need high mounts,
    but apparently the lower you can get everything the better.
    Scope height, cheek rests etc have never bothered me much when
    holding either an airsoft gun or real one. (Apart from that Classic Army CA8-2 SL8 which is really horrible to look through)

The ugly Sidewheel comes off, leaving the turret for parallax adjustment.
    I think the scopes were aimed towards air-rifles with shorter ranges
    with a lot of adjustment for under 100m etc.

Best of luck with the Barrett project Firekitten, I'd love to have an 8mm, M82 springer.
    6mm just hardly seems right.

You're in a hole Rachel, stop digging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Dirty huge scope alright!

Almost looks like the transformers symbol on the side of it, does it turn into a robot? :D

That springey noise could be part of the downgrade, big cylinder, long stroke, weak spring, a boing noise would imply a cut spring that is very short now and not under much compression when not cocked.

Advertisement