Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Mweelrea wrote: »
    Its certinly looks the business too. Whats the mag capacity?

The MP7 capacity is 50 (standard), 100 (long mid cap), 200 (frowned upon hi-cap)
    The P99 capacity is 22 in the standard mag but you can get long mags that carry 46. I have one for sh*ts and giggles but you'd need an MP5 mag pouch for them. The standard mags can be a bit of a pain to store as the base plate on them is quite large so they don't fit snuggly beside each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

im not sure about oiless bushes but i had imagined the bearing ones would be likely to have a rattle in them but they were very well made and snap fit into the gearbox nicely., I had a bit of trouble finding out what size i needed at first though, theres a lot of conflicting information on the G36c's but my JG one uses 6mm bushings and My Dboys M4 uses 7mm, not sure what size the G&G uses but that already has metal ones in it. If anyone knows what size the bushings are in the CA G36 gimmie a shout and share the love., :)

My CA G36 is two feet behind me, my verniers and my micrometer are two feet to my left in my toolbox. I might do it tomorrow. I'm far too tired to check now, though I suspect they're 7mm

lol., you'd have to strip pretty much the whole gun to find out.,lol, thanks for the offer though, I wonder if Alvin has done his yet.,
    theres a lot of conflicting info on them so im completely stumped as to what ones to go for, im doing the gearbox work for someone else so i dont have the gun here to strip down and check out for myself.,

I have to strip it down anyway, I'm just so tired right now I know I'd end up losing something that might be a tiny bit important like a shim. Or a sector gear (again).

I have to strip it down for a look see, she hasn't been fired in 6 months due to a broken hop and the new hop should be with me next week so I'm looking forward to getting Thor up and running again.

By the way, now that my SPR has finally been skirmished, it's getting a name (as per my rules of naming my guns, I name it as to how it performs and handles up to and including the first skirmish).
    The SPR is hereby named Loki.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

vtec wrote: »
    lol., you'd have to strip pretty much the whole gun to find out.,lol, thanks for the offer though, I wonder if Alvin has done his yet.,
    theres a lot of conflicting info on them so im completely stumped as to what ones to go for, im doing the gearbox work for someone else so i dont have the gun here to strip down and check out for myself.,

Yes I did.
    And Glen very kindly repaired the damage, put it back together, and made me swear blind not to go near a screwdriver ever again.

I'll stick to GBBs.

Yes I did.
    And Glen very kindly repaired the damage, put it back together, and made me swear blind not to go near a screwdriver ever again.

I'll stick to GBBs.

lol., thats twice ya broke that gun huh.,lol, ill ask glen if hes up at the birthday game., cheers people.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Puding wrote: »
    88705740001ki2.jpg

Where'd you get this beauty?:eek:

thats nice isnt it., i was admring that to., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Its a tanio koba usp tactical all abs I'm afraid you can not get metal slides for it but it has a lovely action, nice finish and shoots great.

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?cPath=51_271&products_id=5244

• Advertisement

I'm getting me one of those!

How much did it set you back?

check out this puppy, i love the P99 in tan.,i got to have a feel of it a week or 2 ago., very nice indeed.,
    dsc01529xk1.jpg

I got mine from a different web site to that and payed about 220 - 230 +shipping, some more pics i have on my hd at the moment.

88707290001al2.jpg

and some artistic stuff....
    88705870001gs8.jpg
    88705880001tx4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Yeah that p99 is a beaut and so comfortable I'd love a non blow back for stealth :p

Looks nice, anything you dont lke about it?(other than the lack of metal slide)

Yeah that p99 is a beaut and so comfortable I'd love a non blow back for stealth :p

I have the same one. It's blowback. The NBB version is available only in black

NakedDex wrote: »
    I have the same one. It's blowback. The NBB version is available only in black

i much prefer the tan colour, im not a fan of the P99 but that one looks good., the non blowback is cool though., i saw KD's one a few weeks ago and it's super quiet.,

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

Any comments??

If you see the red dot...fear not my friend..take comfort my friend..for you are in elysiem...and your already dead!!!:D

07022008.jpg

07022008003.jpg

31012008.jpg

I like the paint job not over the top, practical, and well executed, its all to easy for panted aegs to start looking more toy like and almost tacky but this is nice and professional.

Yeah the paint job Is absolutly amazing
    Did you do it yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

Defenderdude that paintjob you did for Cummins is sweet. Kudos to you my friend.

Wonder what it would cost me to get him to do the some to one of my AEGs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    Wonder what it would cost me to get him to do the some to one of my AEGs

between about 50 and 100 euro - depends on what's needed:p

did you do the digital one aswell aidan? its a nice job and looks very well done., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

No afraid not, I only did a general camo job but the vfc scar look deadly, I am on to my 8 coat of matt varnish on my G36C. I am in cork at the moment and for the rest of the weekend but I will post up a few resulting pictures... The varnish helped to dull down and blend the paint job....

did you do the digital one aswell aidan? its a nice job and looks very well done., :)

Thanks! yea mate, It's Neil's concept - not mine. It's a bit of a prototype regarding trying digital. First version of it was copying the bigger blocks which I've seen done on RS and AEG's - but to be honest I just didnt like the effect (looks like Duplo lego).
    I've tried to get the smaller pattern - it's such a pain in the ass:p as it's so slow. The whole thing took about 2 days.

Next one will be quicker - practice makes perfect...
    It's probably not going to be to everyones taste - but you've gotta admit it's unique and growing on me.:D

It's 2k chrome etch primed as the upper receiver was anodised aluminium and painted in 5 colours of matt 2k acrylic urethane (isocyanate cured):eek: and then lacquered in matt 2k acrylic urethane clear. Then baked at about 45C for about an hour or so (low temp to avoid damage to electrics and plastics; although it can be cured at up to 120C comfortably).

Ideally it should be left for a period before the real hacking starts - but somehow I can't see Neil putting it in a glass case and throwing salt at it:p:D

you'll be making a fortune from these jobs soon man., :D look forward to seeing it in the flesh.,

you'll be making a fortune from these jobs soon man., :D look forward to seeing it in the flesh.,

lol, gotta - missus is gonna cut up my credit card so I got do something to feed the habit:p:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Great Job on the SCAR Aidan! That took some patience and skill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    I'm getting me one of those!

How much did it set you back?

You could get the KSC version, it's a lovely thing even has the proper trades and metal slides are available :)

Advertisement