Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

mafiaboy wrote: »
    made this up last week and gamed it in drogheda last sunday

looks good but its in the wrong section,
    pm the master and maybe if you ask nice enough he'll move it for you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

If you decide to sell her Richie, you know where I am:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

really look forward to seeing this project masada :) been thinking about something along these lines for some time but i just simple do not have access to the equipment to do it right

kr 98k internals for looks, vsr for practical play

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

hey masada best of luck with the project! would like to see it when its done!

glad you liked your "balsa wood enfield" lol :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Cheers lads., :)

I was thinkin more so the KAR98, it would be a lot more usable than the actual Dboys Kar98 because this can use mags and is much easier to reload. It would mean you'd risk loosing shells but sure their cheap enough anyway., :)

• Advertisement

thermo wrote: »
    hey masada best of luck with the project! would like to see it when its done!

glad you liked your "balsa wood enfield" lol :D

Rofl,
    man, if this is what balsa feels like, Ive must have been usin the wrong stuff to make airplanes as a kid. :D

Masada wrote: »
    Rofl,
    man, if this is what balsa feels like, Ive must have been usin the wrong stuff to make airplanes as a kid. :D

you must of been using the wrong stuff alright,,,,,, or maybe we are wrong and know nothing??
    any way will you put pics up when you have it done am curious to see how it turns out!

Absolutely. :)

Forgot to bring it home with me earlier though, cant wait to start butchering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

you must of been using the wrong stuff alright,,,,,, or maybe we are wrong and know nothing??
    any way will you put pics up when you have it done am curious to see how it turns out!

Its some form of Indian hardwood, god only knows what it is, it has a similar characteristic to teak/iroko, but not the same quality. Its cheap, nasty, but does the job once stained and oiled. The DBOYS K98's are made of the same, or slightly better stuff, that red color is just a real heavy red stain thats applied, you put nitromors on that and it'll peel right off.

Its some form of Indian hardwood, god only knows what it is, it has a similar characteristic to teak/iroko, but not the same quality. Its cheap, nasty, but does the job once stained and oiled. The DBOYS K98's are made of the same, or slightly better stuff, that red color is just a real heavy red stain thats applied, you put nitromors on that and it'll peel right off.

i know lad, its a bit of a joke after a comment was made by another 'softer.

• Advertisement

excellent work on the ak74 stercus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Sam, I think you just made me want an AK...
    Thats a lovely looking gun.

I hate you...

delta-boy your picture does not seem to be working

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Puding wrote: »
    excellent work on the ak74 stercus :)

Thanks man, if I were to do it again I'd leave off the laquer, the gloss black is enough, the lacquer is a bit too shiny.
    Leftyflip wrote: »
    Sam, I think you just made me want an AK...
    Thats a lovely looking gun.

I hate you...

No need to hate me chum, I've only gone and made myself want another feckin' one and all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Puding nice gear as always. That a makarov holster?

yep mainly for the makarov pm, looking to get a ppk to use as a stand in for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nice gear their Puding.

Was just saying I'm seriously jealous at the amount of sexy **** you buy week in week out, I need to have a word with Shiva ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭SenDog

Love the klmk puding your so lucky:)

hey masada, any updates on the S.M.L.E.??

hey masada, any updates on the S.M.L.E.??

Haven't even got around to bringing it home man.,:D

I've been a bit busy in the last few weeks but I'm hoping to get cracking on it this weekend. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Thermo, I like the AUG, but that is one dirty big scope...

Leftyflip wrote: »
    but that is one dirty big scope...

i know,,,,,,,, all the better to see you with,,,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭carentankiller

bullets wrote: »
    What I dont see
    is places that see the mounting system that will fit onto the the left hand side of the reciever. If anyone knows a link for the rail or bit that allows the fitting of the scope
    let me know. :)

Bullets the SVD looks great and I have to agree the A&K dragunov SVD is money well spent :)

I will have to pickup the wood kit for my SVD soon too.

Here is a link I found awhile ago for the RS original Soviet BP-02 side mount altered for the SVD rifle

http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/detail.aspx?ID=838

BP02SW-1-600.jpg

There is a few more great mounts and sights on that site also.

Great job on the Svd , really needs a 4x24 svd posp know too set it off :)

( I'm jealous of the light you have for pitures :) already dark when I get back from work hopefully the weekend will be nice )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Will have to wait till I get home to check the links thanks!.

Would have liked to have been able to get the Real Sword one at the time.
    I had held off pre-ordering them as was hoping the Irish dealers would get some
    in at the time, but alas they were like gold dust and missed out.

The A&K though is very nice for the price, bit of ageing and wear and get the scope and do something about the artificial look to the magazine and it will be nice.
    For someone playing a sniper role with one my only concern would be recocking it
    while its shouldered and your looking through the sight. The cocking lever is very far
    forward.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Thermo! Baby! When you takin me out newb shootin with that BEAUTIFUL rifle? I LOVE it. I absolutely love it. Thats what I want my Steyr to be! Beautiful and lethal... Do want. 10/10

Dude with the P90. While I deplore the P90, and despise boxmags... What you made is ACTUALLY AWESOME. It combines things I hate into a thing I like! Its rather Tacti-Kewl, How does she Skirmish?

As for the SCAR, I assume its an AEG cos I aint wearin me glasses. But it looks nive to my vision deficient eyes.

Ill post pics soon as this weeks shootin is over!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

@Airsofty: Well done. Lovely job and perfect choice of pattern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Airsofty

Wow, great job on the marpat there man!!

Nice to see a great job done. Excellent colour matching and as the pics show - Really worth the time and effort (sweat and tears too i'm sure).

Well done.;)

Yup, thats a job and a half, i hate marpat but theres no saying it doesn't blend in perfectly. :)

• Advertisement

Phractal wrote: »
    Thermo! Baby! When you takin me out newb shootin with that BEAUTIFUL rifle? I LOVE it. I absolutely love it. Thats what I want my Steyr to be! Beautiful and lethal... Do want. 10/10

if you come across me at a site, and have it, your more than welcome to have a go!

Advertisement