Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

@bravestar
    awesome stuff you got there
    the paint job on the glock is very cool as is the L96

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

gungun wrote: »
    @bravestar
    awesome stuff you got there
    the paint job on the glock is very cool as is the L96

Thanks man, they were the first ones I ever did. Quite easy and I would encourage anyone thinking of it to do it. I learned a few things from it and would do it slightly different if I was to paint em again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

great work Alzir, really nice to see someone making there own stuff, makes me wish i still had access to a lath and a milling machine :( look forward to seeing some more stuff in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Bravestar, thats some impressive work on those custom parts. Interested in finding out how the 1911 performs with the full length guide rod.

Also how is the WE SCAR GBBr performance and build wise, amazed nobody has posted a review of one on boards yet. The AGM M4 was all over when it was released. Kind of interested in it after looking up some youtube vids of it.

Bravestar, thats some impressive work on those custom parts. Interested in finding out how the 1911 performs with the full length guide rod.

Also how is the WE SCAR GBBr performance and build wise, amazed nobody has posted a review of one on boards yet. The AGM M4 was all over when it was released. Kind of interested in it after looking up some youtube vids of it.

The WE SCAR build quality externally is great but because of the force of the "recoil" internal parts are prone to failure. They just werent built strong enough so once you have a few parts made from tool steel etc it's great. I only have green gas mags at the mo but plan on getting some CO2 ones. The hop up is also brutal but I have a stinger one on the way so hopefully that will sort it out.

Physically it feels great. Had it in to show the lads in eirsoft one day and they were blown away by it. I think the reason there isn't a review is because feck all people have them? I'm the only one I know with one. I got it shippedd over a few days after they were released. If you do want to get one just be prepared to clean it as much as a real rifle and put some money into making it more reliable.

• Advertisement

I'll keep the cleaning in mind, I remember a reviewer on youtube saying that. He said the first thing when you get it is to strip it and lube it up before firing a shot.

Complete opposite to my AGM M4 GBBr, the thing was dripping with oil and grease, had to clean up the internals a small bit.

Is there many after market parts for the WE SCAR that are easy to find, the WA/AGM M4 has a load of them and I have no issues with it at all. Also any new on different barrel lengths for it, is it just the CQC version out now? Wouldn't mind trying it with the carbine and sniper barrels if they exist for it.

I'll keep the cleaning in mind, I remember a reviewer on youtube saying that. He said the first thing when you get it is to strip it and lube it up before firing a shot.

Complete opposite to my AGM M4 GBBr, the thing was dripping with oil and grease, had to clean up the internals a small bit.

Is there many after market parts for the WE SCAR that are easy to find, the WA/AGM M4 has a load of them and I have no issues with it at all. Also any new on different barrel lengths for it, is it just the CQC version out now? Wouldn't mind trying it with the carbine and sniper barrels if they exist for it.

I believe you can get it in carbine version, but not sure about the sniper. Yes you can get aftermarket parts for it but the WE replacement parts will just keep breaking. Ra-Tech and a few others are making solid reinforced parts for it. If you get one fire me a PM and i'll tell you where you can find em, dont know the address's off hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

only the carbine version is sold but you can get a barrel extension separately never seen a sniper barrel version the thread is +14 so it would not be that hard to source, its normal keeped cqb or carbine length due to its accuracy which is not the best, as said already the hop up is a little harsh and i know people using upto .40g in it for accuracy, internal replacement parts and upgrades parts are easily available thought places like airsoft buddy, WE are actually excellent with all parts available on there own to buy

there are not many 3rd part upgrade parts for the scar by its nature, but there area large volume of external parts for the we m4/m16 anything for the WA/AGM m4 can be got for the WE

i only got my we scar recently so it was one of the newer gen 3 which have a lot of the problems fixed, (WE are rather good at address issues and listening to customers with there GBB rifile range) it already has a improved stock as the orginals where liable to break after use or on co2 and the internals have been improved, if your running co2 it isw advisable to ungrade a few of the internals as there known not to stand up well but this are available again thought airsoftbuddy and cost 30 - 40 usd,

there are a far few we gbb floating around Ireland, they where not as popular as the wa system, some go not like the less esteticly pleasing bolt system, also with only 30rd magazines the we brand mag are also the only ones available at 40 ish usd a pop in HK put people off, if people had an itch for a gbb they got the agm m4, the we system is gaining more followers thought

i personaly see it as a more skirmishable piece especially when put together with we excellent co2 mags

Would the VFC AEG barrel extensions work with the WE. All 3 are easy enough to find in stock in HK sites.

The prices of the mags seem alot cheaper than the WA M4 ones anyway. The €40 cost wouldn't put me off.

So overall it's worth dropping 280 on in you views. I'm in two minds on holding out for the VFC GBBr that uses what seems to be the more popular WA gas system.

But them again it's VFC's first GBBr, WE have a few designs out and they update them and have a load of after market parts at the ready.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The VC extensions are counter clockwise though, the WE is clockwise. It doesnt mean you wont find some though, There's loads of them available for the WA (which will work) over on the likes of ehobby.,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Alzir: LOVE the custom parts, excellent finish on them. WEre they made on a full size ladthe or one of the 'jewlerrers' ladthes? If it was one of the 'jewelerers' lathes (you know, the tiny ones) What was the damage (cost) of it? IO am looking for one of them little lathes but dont wish to spend TOO much on it - mine is a huge one for turning down the armatures in car starters. Do you know anything about bluing metals? I want to make some blued steel parts soon as I notice a serious lack of blue steel in airsoft replicas - and ever since I bought the blue steel try square for woodworking I loved the look of it and how it catches the light :)

Did you buy one of them special tool thingies for making the threading (cant recall the name of the tool, think a die or something) and the knurling turned out EXCELLENTLY. LOVE it.

Actually where did you obtain said knurling tool?

How are you going to 'blacken' the metal? The carbon stuff in the oven method? Keep us updated how it goes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Puding wrote: »
    great work Alzir, really nice to see someone making there own stuff, makes me wish i still had access to a lath and a milling machine :( look forward to seeing some more stuff in the future

Next year i'll have access to both again,might try to make something productive like Alzir.:)

Oh and brilliant job Alzir on your work,I'ed say some patience was required:D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Phractal wrote: »
    Alzir: LOVE the custom parts, excellent finish on them. WEre they made on a full size ladthe or one of the 'jewlerrers' ladthes? If it was one of the 'jewelerers' lathes (you know, the tiny ones) What was the damage (cost) of it? IO am looking for one of them little lathes but dont wish to spend TOO much on it - mine is a huge one for turning down the armatures in car starters. Do you know anything about bluing metals? I want to make some blued steel parts soon as I notice a serious lack of blue steel in airsoft replicas - and ever since I bought the blue steel try square for woodworking I loved the look of it and how it catches the light :)

Did you buy one of them special tool thingies for making the threading (cant recall the name of the tool, think a die or something) and the knurling turned out EXCELLENTLY. LOVE it.

How are you going to 'blacken' the metal? The carbon stuff in the oven method? Keep us updated how it goes :)

Easiest way to get a blue finish is to heat up the steel & then quench it in an oil bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

If you do go for that quenching method, avoid heating the steel till its more than a dull red.
    Any higher, when you quench it, you'll get a really brittle metal that won't take knocks well

You might well know this already, just thought I'd throw that in for any up and comers!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Alzir: LOVE the custom parts, excellent finish on them. WEre they made on a full size ladthe or one of the 'jewlerrers' ladthes? If it was one of the 'jewelerers' lathes (you know, the tiny ones) What was the damage (cost) of it? IO am looking for one of them little lathes but dont wish to spend TOO much on it - mine is a huge one for turning down the armatures in car starters.

Its a mid size Lathe, It has about a 150mm radius swing and about 900mm center to center. A jewelers lathe is really only good for making model parts you cant turn any bigger components. Buy a bigger lathe and get a vertical milling attachment for it.

Do you know anything about bluing metals? I want to make some blued steel parts soon as I notice a serious lack of blue steel in airsoft replicas - and ever since I bought the blue steel try square for woodworking I loved the look of it and how it catches the light :)
    How are you going to 'blacken' the metal? The carbon stuff in the oven method? Keep us updated how it goes:)

I use carrs metal black for blackening. It does the same thing as gun blue that you can buy in a gun shop. It places a thin selenium layer on the surface. You can blue steel by heating it evenly and submerging in mineral oil as mentioned although Ive never personally tried it.

This is the stuff i use;
    URL%5Dchem.jpg

I have a set of left hand 14 x 1mm taps for silencers and flash hiders. But any other thread I cut on the lathe. Bought the knurling tool online

Thanks guys :)

I will test out the bluing method tonight with a blowtorch and oil bath - that 55gal drum of waste engine oil can make itself useful! I will try post pics of the finished lump o steel.

Hmmm I reckon my ladthe can just about make flash hiders or dummy suppressors, or I can ask my friend can he do it on a CNC lathe they have in metalwork in his school. EIther way I can design and build fun looking flash hiders that look nice.

I must get me some of them taps. They seem to be bloody useful in custom fabrication of bits.

The knurling tool I will look into - a fancy flash hider... Blued steel or electroplated with knurling for ease of removal... DO WANT.

Dex knows a fair lot about electroplating IIRC. From my brief look into it it does not seem TOO hard to do - but like most things, it is probably far harder in practice than in theory.

I will drop into Duffy's this saturday and see if they stock Carrs Gun Blackening stuff.

Thanks a million for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I will test out the bluing method tonight with a blowtorch and oil bath - that 55gal drum of waste engine oil can make itself useful! I will try post pics of the finished lump o steel.
    633568208394115958-failitburnsitburnsdemotivator.jpg

LOL EPIC photo Lefty... BUT... Said oil seems to be almost incapable of combustion! The only reason 55 gallons of it has accumulated is that every time we try burn it off it fails to ignite! Rags soaked in the **** wont ignite... Even if flamed with an oxy acetylene torch. IMO its incapable of being ignited - perhaps due to water content or something. Naturally, I will be filling a one gal bucket with it, heating the piece, turning off the blowtorch, and then chucking the steel in - while wearing appropriate safety gear (motorbike racing suit used in road racing (not mine) and welding mask).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Beautiful 416 gerrowadat

What's it like to shoot with the supplied mag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

scanlant wrote: »
    Beautiful 416 gerrowadat

What's it like to shoot with the supplied mag?

Haven't been able to take it outside yet, it's a lot nicer than the AGM m4 (going to flog my AGM M4 tbh, this beats the ****e out of it). Locks back reliably when out of ammo on green, unlike the AGM. Mag's grand, loaded and fed right out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Kitten what were you thinking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

fire kitten thats a sick piece of kit. I love it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

fire kitten thats a sick piece of kit. I love it:D

Certainly is, I blame the meds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

peter-pantslez:

Stupid question, but the for grip and rail, did you need to do much to get it on or just aftermarket extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

billy.fish wrote: »
    peter-pantslez:

Stupid question, but the for grip and rail, did you need to do much to get it on or just aftermarket extra?

hey man i got these for my masada they are not meant for it but fit on grand:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-aluminum-rail-set-for-moe-handguard.html

or here is a cheaper set:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ergo-grip-polymer-handgurard-rail-set-8-slot.html

the only thing you have to watch for is that you put the side rails all the way forward or the foregrip wont fit back on the gun, and if you want to use a 9.6v battery you need to remove the handle thingy for taking the barrell off (it just pulls off and goes back on no bother). hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

hey bernie mac, nice magpul m4. About the grip, was looking at getting one myself, it looks the biz but how does it feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Hey moggy are those laser grips worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

hey flecky :)

well dunno only got it this mornin
    if ya wanna look Gucci yeah sure why not they are price less lol

been honest its a little finicky it sits ok on that 1911 of mine there
    but me other one will require a little shaving of the grip itself to get it on there

oh and the battery's dont like to stay put in there so i wedge'd a little piece of card in both battery's to keep 'em secure

so all in all 31 yo yo deliverd i will say yeah they are ok for the money might go for one now fer me Glock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Yeah was thinking myself I might get the Glock ones also as I already have like 6 sets for my 1911. Cheers Moggy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking myself I might get the Glock ones also as I already have like 6 sets for my 1911. Cheers Moggy!

you have 6 sets of laser grips or regular grips fer the 1911

Advertisement