Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., nice find Blay, must pic up some of those for the little fella., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Hey Firekitten, whats the rifle wrap made out of? It looks like some sort of netting. May I ask where you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Its simply scrim netting wrapped in 8 inch strips, and tied over and around and sprayed with various colours of krylon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Firekitten wrote: »
    Its simply scrim netting wrapped in 8 inch strips, and tied over and around and sprayed with various colours of krylon :)

Ah I see, my scrim net is completely different (its more like a fine mesh then netting)....but its so obvious now :D. Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

@Horse84: What's the Socom Gear M9 like? Could you compare it to a KJW one? Just wondering as I've heard KSC are supposed to be the best, yet KJW are the most economic (Full metal), so would be curious to see where the Socom Gear one lands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Inari wrote: »
    @Horse84: What's the Socom Gear M9 like? Could you compare it to a KJW one? Just wondering as I've heard KSC are supposed to be the best, yet KJW are the most economic (Full metal), so would be curious to see where the Socom Gear one lands

Not counting the SG M9 because I don't know what they are like the KSC system 7 M9s are the top performing M9s out there.

But if the SG M9 is anything like their M1911 MEU that I got my hands on last week it will give it a good run for it's money and most likely have a better external finish.

The KJ are aweful frankly Inari, I've had them. Most economic would be the KWA m9.... the latest system 7 version. Metal, AND system 7 ksc internals. thats your best bet. though the plastic ksc isnt that bad really. Socom gear is based on the WE. (Sorry to jump in, insomnia posting)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Horse84

Hi Inari i have to say i'm very happy with it. I can't compare it with a kjw m9 but i do have a ksc full metal system 7. It's not quite that standard shooting wise, nor does it have a fully functioning decocking safety but it does somewhat make up for it with it's threaded metal outer barrel. I'm pretty sure there are no metal outers for the ksc (believe me i've looked).

Shooting wise it's very good as well, averaging about 280-300 fps in a fairly cold garage. The blowback is lovely and the sound off of it with the supplied silencer is sweet.

While I think most of us have had bad experiences with We, the standard of SG's products are excellent ( i have their MEU, wilson combat elite, novak next 1911 and the m9).

Overall I'd def recommend it as it's prob better value than the ksc. I should say i'm only a collector so i couldn't comment on how it performs skirmishing:)

Had a socomgear 1911 MEU too... lovely gun, but like all WE pistols, and all socomgears thereafter, (Internally stock, just cosmetic difference) they lack a certain something... perfect for the collector mind.

Horse: WGC have three separate metal outer barrels for the KSC m9 :) Threaded, silver/black versions, and a compensator version :)

Had a socomgear 1911 MEU too... lovely gun, but like all WE pistols, and all socomgears thereafter, (Internally stock, just cosmetic difference) they lack a certain something... perfect for the collector mind.

Horse: WGC have three separate metal outer barrels for the KSC m9 :) Threaded, silver/black versions, and a compensator version :)

That's true about the socomgear MEU, all I'm saying is they are very good value for money, i have an army MEU as well. The next step up is a TM with a pgc kit or something and then you're talking real money!

About the barrels, yea sorry i worded it wrong above, it's just i've never seen em in stock anywhere. Now i'm at work and I can't check that. If u know of anywhere else that supplies them, i'd be eternally grateful;).

ps I'm pretty sure g&p do a version, not 100% if it's system 7 compatible though.

• Advertisement

Sys 7 doesnt effect the barrel/hop, thats the blowback mech and mags :)

I'll look around for ye :)

Threaded or non threaded?

Sys 7 doesnt effect the barrel/hop, thats the blowback mech and mags :)

I'll look around for ye :)

Threaded or non threaded?

Ha right i'll take your word for that:)

Threaded preferably but i'm easy, cheers Fk, appreciate it!

Thats annoying... tried all my special hk locations and not one has them... I think the m9 is the new most popular gun on the market.... *sigh* sorry :(

Thats annoying... tried all my special hk locations and not one has them... I think the m9 is the new most popular gun on the market.... *sigh* sorry :(

I kinda guessed that would be the case:). Got a bit of shock when u said wgc had 3 different types lol. If u come across any in the future be sure and let me know! Thanks for the help!

they do... it just turns out on further inspection they are out of stock >>

I know i just assumed they were in stock when you told me about em that's all!

The M4 looks good Pud., Did you say Tan paint? it looks almost flat black/ stone grey,.,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Wow thats a lovely 416 el diablo, really well done. woodland suits it to a T.
    Jealousy setting in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Masada wrote: »
    The M4 looks good Pud., Did you say Tan paint? it looks almost flat black/ stone grey,.,

its the first half of a tan paint job on the lower receiver/stock first coat is brown at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Where did you get the HK Buis FK, I have been searching online stores for months looking for them. I figured at this stage the only way to get a set was to buy an MP7.

• Advertisement

I bought an mp7 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Very nice GBBr FK, with all your ramblings I would have thought you wouldn't even think of owning an armalite:D

P.S Buy a good camera:p

What ramblings?

Ive said I like aks and ar15s pretty equally. I've owned equal numbers of both tbh. Had about 8 ar15s and 6 AKs in 6 years... I like them for thier purpose. I only set that one up like that today becaues I felt like raiding my parts bin, and i was bored. Thats prettymuch a spares pile thrown together :P

As for the camera... its all ive got atm, my phone's roughly 2mp, its not too good, but its better than nout. Don't really have much need for better, but may invest.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

What ramblings?

Ive said I like aks and ar15s pretty equally. I've owned equal numbers of both tbh. Had about 8 ar15s and 6 AKs in 6 years... I like them for thier purpose. I only set that one up like that today becaues I felt like raiding my parts bin, and i was bored. Thats prettymuch a spares pile thrown together :P

As for the camera... its all ive got atm, my phone's roughly 2mp, its not too good, but its better than nout. Don't really have much need for better, but may invest.

Fair 'nough, either way its a beauty.

Thanks... the guns not too bad either huh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

@Masada.
    How do you get that effect when taking your pictures?
    the effects are like I dunno dramatic and darkish:confused:
    Thanks

Adjust the shutter speed, aperature etc to under expose the shot, then brighten some of the levels slightly, turn the contrast a little, shoot with a lens hood gives a slight vignette look, you can add it afterwards too in Photoshop and Lightroom. theres so much you can do really. :)

That's all pretty technical though and you'd need a good camera and understanding of post processing to put it to use.
    If you are using a regular point and shoot,
    first thing to do is turn off the flash, never use it.
    Use a tripod or place the camera down on something firm to prevent blur,
    bring the gun out the back if the light is better out there than in the house.
    get a neutral looking background to take the pics on,
    if you have a manual function, turn up the shutter speed and take darker shots, coming back slightly each time until you get the light you want.
    get close to the gun and take indivudual pics of the interesting parts on their own,
    add other props to fill space and give you a nice look, but try not take the look off the gun,.

thats just a few tips, it comes naturally once ya try it a few times, its not as hard as it seems. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Thanks mate:) that's really is more confusing than i thought, photoshop all the way for me:) I have some photo's of my gear on the other no discussion thread but they not great quality... I was just curious to see how you did it as they looked professional

lol., it does seem confusing when your reading it out, but there's a few small things you can do to really improve the quality of your pics.

just give it a bash and each time you do, you'll like something, and try something else differently, :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

as masda says you just need to play about, i learned on 35mm film at college and it made it a little harder to just play around but this is the joy of digital, forget using your camera on your photo go buy a nice digital camera normal you would be looking to spend in the area of 100e to start of with, this will give you a nice general purpose camera with control over shutter speed and aperture, then just start changing shutter speed and see what effect it has and then you can start playing about with other settings, and the job is it cost you nothing as if they do not work you can just delete them no waiting 24 hours for negatives to come back and a day spent slaving in a dark room

Advertisement