Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i started on 35mm film myself too, a lot more difficult, but it was a lot more interesting, i thought., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

still use 35mm all the time love developing your own prints there is something far more tactile than a printer and a pc screen, the developing process is as much a part of the print as the picture itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

Masada, have to say the gun looks amazing. Hoping to get one myself when they're back in stock. But emulating something like that is gonna be tough.
    Well done you've just given me an inferiority complex! :D
    As if life isn't tough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

If it was "Perfect" it'd be black ;)

But on a performance note, i forgot to ask you on Sunday, did you find any difference in Range with the Shorter Barrel?

haha,

its taken me the best part of a year to collect all these bits as they come out slowly, you have it handy now, you just have to click "buy it now"., :D

CQC Barrel Comes with hopup mech and inner barrel too.
    PEQ 15 Ehobby have cheaper ones than this too,
    Magpul Backup Sights You can get clones of these from airsoftpark.com
    Elcan Specter Sight Not in stock at the moment, be back soon, codtially ^_^
    RIS Rails These work as well as the ones i have, their a little longer too so are handy. you might need slightly longer screws.
    King Arms Foregrip This is available in Tan aswell, i chose black and black mag to contrast a bit.
    Rail Covers Not exactly the same as min but close enough,
    Noveske Sound Hog This is the clone version, Mine is the real one but is stupid expensive for what it is.
    Pmags Get the clone or the Green Lable ones though, the real ones are more hassle then there worth.
    Sling is from tony/eirsoft, (only new, not on the site yet)

Internally i have a G&G gearbox just for the hell of it,
    M120 G&P motor, (bout 25 quid from ehobby) Clicky
    Guarder hopup, (Donated with the barrel below by Tony/Eirsoft to see if the barrels are any use.)
    Vanaras Tightbore Barrel,
    Improved air nozzle, Clicky

Cant really think of anything else.,:)

• Advertisement

If it was "Perfect" it'd be black ;)

But on a performance note, i forgot to ask you on Sunday, did you find any difference in Range with the Shorter Barrel?

non existent Niall.,

The Vanaras barrel is actually deadly (had it in the Tavor that day too) and i had no problem firing on targets out at range. its a significant improvment over the standard barrel, and indistinguishable from the Madbull longer one i took out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Solid Snake

Well at least you've given me a shopping list!;)

Like my credit card hasn't taken a bashing already, my fiance is gonna love you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Where can you get the vanaras barell and is it hard to install?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Markom5a wrote: »
    Where can you get the vanaras barell and is it hard to install?
    Thanks

RSOV.com and no they aren't that tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

@hightower1 Those 1911's look fab with the silencers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

@hightower1 Those 1911's look fab with the silencers

Cheers man, pure aesthetics but if your a hitman fan and DONT have silencers for your 1911's then you die a little inside I think! Added serious weight to them too, the silencers are heavy enough but the barrels walls are about 1/4 cm thick. Solid isnt the word like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Did you make the barrels and silencers yourself?

lol not at all they are all bought. Although I do have a p229 barrel that had to be customed from a 226 threaded barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Masada wrote: »
    haha,

its taken me the best part of a year to collect all these bits as they come out slowly, you have it handy now, you just have to click "buy it now"., :D

CQC Barrel Comes with hopup mech and inner barrel too.
    PEQ 15 Ehobby have cheaper ones than this too,
    Magpul Backup Sights You can get clones of these from airsoftpark.com
    Elcan Specter Sight Not in stock at the moment, be back soon, codtially ^_^
    RIS Rails These work as well as the ones i have, their a little longer too so are handy. you might need slightly longer screws.
    King Arms Foregrip This is available in Tan aswell, i chose black and black mag to contrast a bit.
    Rail Covers Not exactly the same as min but close enough,
    Noveske Sound Hog This is the clone version, Mine is the real one but is stupid expensive for what it is.
    Pmags Get the clone or the Green Lable ones though, the real ones are more hassle then there worth.
    Sling is from tony/eirsoft, (only new, not on the site yet)

Internally i have a G&G gearbox just for the hell of it,
    M120 G&P motor, (bout 25 quid from ehobby) Clicky
    Guarder hopup, (Donated with the barrel below by Tony/Eirsoft to see if the barrels are any use.)
    Vanaras Tightbore Barrel,
    Improved air nozzle, Clicky

Cant really think of anything else.,:)

haha that must have taken ages and cost a lot to get it altogether the way you wanted it...:p love to do something like that to my SCAR:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Puding, where did you get the Aimpoint and mount on the modern CQB-R?

T4RGET wrote: »
    haha that must have taken ages and cost a lot to get it altogether the way you wanted it...:p love to do something like that to my SCAR:D

Yeah but it was over a good while so it doesn't seem like much really. a lot of the stuff on it can be bought in clone version aswell so its all good.,:)

scanlant wrote: »
    Puding, where did you get the Aimpoint and mount on the modern CQB-R?
    mount is just the cheap mk18 made by element on gunner http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_81&products_id=1696

the aimpoint was also from gunner, its a bit hit and miss sometimes they come with marking sometimes there missing
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=178

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

Puding wrote: »
    mount is just the cheap mk18 made by element on gunner http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_81&products_id=1696

the aimpoint was also from gunner, its a bit hit and miss sometimes they come with marking sometimes there missing
    http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=178

Jaysus, here's me thinking you splashed out on some RS Aimpoint. It looks the part on the WIP, must pick them up. Thanks.

scanlant wrote: »
    Jaysus, here's me thinking you splashed out on some RS Aimpoint. It looks the part on the WIP, must pick them up. Thanks.

only ever brought real steel russia optics :) don;t fancy having to sell a kidney for real steel western stuff :) it looks and works fine

pablorally wrote: »

nice PMC'ish look.,:)

What kinda rifle is that? looks mostly 416 like, but with what looks like an M4 magwell?

• Advertisement

Blay: Only for the camo in the background, its like looking at my own airsoft kit., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Area51: Has that Aug been sprayed or is that just the photo? Best of both worlds with that setup anyways.

The M4 looks good Pud., Did you say Tan paint? it looks almost flat black/ stone grey,.,

finally got round to applying another coat, sorry about poor pictures dark outside already, stock has had some pigment applied to darken the paint a little and get rid of that freshly painted look i hate :) anyway will finish the receiver tomorrow and post finished picture in other thread then

DSC_76150001.jpg
    DSC_76190001.jpg

Hmm, doesn't look as good now tbh., maybe leave all the little things like bolt catch, mag catch etc black to add some contrast? i prefer the brownie kinda colour that ya had., what kinda paint are you using?

using krylon at the moment, well trying to replicate some real world pictures and they normally paint all the controls as its not really a beauty competition :) needs to be dragged thought the woods for a while to weather until paint start to come off at the moment its all to new

(also pictures do not help)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭area51comando

Area51: Has that Aug been sprayed or is that just the photo? Best of both worlds with that setup anyways.

yeah man its defo the best of both worlds :) nah it the origial classic army green body, was messing around with photo shop with that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Fireborn

@area51commando: that SAW is savage man. thumbs up for that one.

Hmm, doesn't look as good now tbh., maybe leave all the little things like bolt catch, mag catch etc black to add some contrast? i prefer the brownie kinda colour that ya had., what kinda paint are you using?

Kinda agree with masada on that. Leaving some contrast does make the diff, may not be 100% accurate but its an airsoft aeg its never going to be the real thing. Just cause its not visually accurate desnt mean it wont look better than real steel.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Kinda agree with masada on that. Leaving some contrast does make the diff, may not be 100% accurate but its an airsoft aeg its never going to be the real thing. Just cause its not visually accurate desnt mean it wont look better than real steel.

and equally confusing to me as to why you would not paint the controls :) my aim to create and accurate replica, in my eyes its a major part of the hobby so would seem strange to change something just to make it more pleasing to the eye, for me accuracy is pleasing to the eye, but each to there own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

very nice saw area 51, did you have to take the bipods off the saw?

Advertisement