Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Sh1t, think I'm gonna have to get one.:(

...runs off to find more gear to sell.:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Masada wrote: »
    heres a look at it too from those 2 mad aatv chaps.

Sorry but any gun with Fallout boy backing it, should be destroyed.

Defo getting a GF76 though. Trying to get an Italian loadout going.
    Funnily enough finding a Vegetato shirt on it's own is the hardest part so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Not too happy about the low cap issue with the F2000. That's a fairly big oversight from G&G. We have to modify a €400 AEG out of the box so that it can use something apart from the baby rattlers?

I would have thought Richie would have went on about that here if it was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The mag issue is a bit of a pain especially considering the price of the AEG, but modding the mags isn't too difficult. Only takes a minute. See pic below of unmodded, modded and hi-cap mags in that order from bottom up.

P.S Stole your pic from Arnies Richie
    4633083043_a4d8e6b13b.jpg

Just modded a few of my own mags, and even I, with my very limited ability, managed not to balls it up

I can live with that alright. The way he said in in the video I though you had to cut out a vital screw out of the magwell that holds the main body together,

A 5 min jobby with a file is fine. I'll start now to save time biggrin.gif. I take it the Pmags are a no go with this at all due to the rib design. Good thing the Emags showed up when they did.

• Advertisement

EMAGs are grand AFAIK, have a few ordered myself. About 3.5mm is what I took off the regular STANAGs and they fit and feed fine

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yeah the mags thing isnt as big a deal as its made out in that vid, a small shave of 3mm on the top of the mag and they fit no probs. i wouldnt go through the bother of cutting off the screw, that would be madness.

PMAGs dont fit in there, and neither do EMAGS, the pmags not fitting is down to the shape and ribbed mag itself, the emag seems to go in most of the way but not lock in, im not sure if this is down to them needing modding like above though, they were Dicemans mags so i couldnt butcher them. :D

Sorry but any gun with Fallout boy backing it, should be destroyed.

Defo getting a GF76 though. Trying to get an Italian loadout going.
    Funnily enough finding a Vegetato shirt on it's own is the hardest part so far..

Is this what your after niall? This is a deadly shop, im forever buying random cr@p from them. :)

http://www.asmc.de/en/Clothing/Field-Jackets/Field-shirt-ACU-vegetato-woodland-p.html
    102308_0.jpg

http://www.asmc.de/en/Clothing/T-Shirts-camo/T-Shirt-vegetato-woodland-p.html
    103015_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Really? I was sure I mentioned that, my bad.

it takes pretty much any mini in there. the space is a little larger than that needed but not enough for large cell batteries, you wont have any problems getting a top of the range lipo in this space though, or just use regular mini cells as i did.

As said too, theres a 430mm barrel in there, its a normal barrel so no probs in replacing it if you want a new tightbore or anything. There's a list of its specs on the first page of the review. :)

Brillaint, thanks a million!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Jaysus, the amount of want from people on the fn2000 is unreal!
    Cant stand the look of the thing myself but thats just personal taste.

Question to anyone who has it though.... no doubt it will be a good aeg BUT will this be another case of TAR21 syndrome..... great aeg but overpriced for what it is ?

• Advertisement

hightower1 wrote: »
    BUT will this be another case of TAR21 syndrome..... great aeg but overpriced for what it is ?

Nah...., this is €100 cheaper and comes with a hopup unit installed right out of the box.:pac:

Me though, I want it because it's a bullpup, which just so happens to be blessed with good looks.

If any quality bullpup was released tomorrow I'd be all over it. I'm waiting for the day for a quality FAMAS, good quality externals, proper steel parts etc, accurate replica of the G2 and has the correct fire mode controls for single, burst and fullauto. It's not going to happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Is this what your after niall? This is a deadly shop, im forever buying random cr@p from them. :)

Hero.

Most places were out of stock, think i even tried them.
    All i could find was some Canadian crowd, but they were charging me my liver for it.

Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Not too happy about the low cap issue with the F2000. That's a fairly big oversight from G&G. We have to modify a €400 AEG out of the box so that it can use something apart from the baby rattlers?

I would have thought Richie would have went on about that here if it was true.

This will make them work ..here you go, got this sent to me by Masada, bought his JLS versoin and had same problem really easy fix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSfS33FhpoA&feature=player_embedded

and incase it didn't embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSfS33FhpoA&feature=player_embedded

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    The mag issue is a bit of a pain especially considering the price of the AEG, but modding the mags isn't too difficult. Only takes a minute. See pic below of unmodded, modded and hi-cap mags in that order from bottom up.

P.S Stole your pic from Arnies Richie
    4633083043_a4d8e6b13b.jpg

Just modded a few of my own mags, and even I, with my very limited ability, managed not to balls it up

I did that too but ho you get it so neat?What you use? I wrecked the mags, they work and fit and they're inthe AEG so I don't really mind but I'd like the get the next batch neat? any tips?

T4RGET wrote: »
    I did that too but ho you get it so neat?What you use? I wrecked the mags, they work and fit and they're inthe AEG so I don't really mind but I'd like the get the next batch neat? any tips?

There not actually my mags, there Richies. I stole the pic from one of his posts on Arnies. Mine are pretty much the same though. I used a craft knife. I cut about 3.5mm off. I cut down towards the main part of the mag and then across till the unwanted part fell off.
    Probably didn't explain it very well there, but hopefully you'll get the idea. I made a hash of the first two I did, but once you get the hang of it you'll be flying. :)

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    There not actually my mags, there Richies. I stole the pic from one of his posts on Arnies. Mine are pretty much the same though. I used a craft knife. I cut about 3.5mm off. I cut down towards the main part of the mag and then across till the unwanted part fell off.
    Probably didn't explain it very well there, but hopefully you'll get the idea. I made a hash of the first two I did, but once you get the hang of it you'll be flying. :)

Cheers, should actually have recognised those pics:P he sent me a pic like that when i asked him after I bought his AEG :o:rolleyes:
    Thanks though:) I just went at it with a file or something, they don't look half as neat, they're more like slanted:P

EDIT: ah wasn't that picture I got, well it couldn't be as that's the G&G F2000 in the picture...

Jaysus, the amount of want from people on the fn2000 is unreal!
    Cant stand the look of the thing myself but thats just personal taste.

Question to anyone who has it though.... no doubt it will be a good aeg BUT will this be another case of TAR21 syndrome..... great aeg but overpriced for what it is ?

That depends really, is the Tavor a great rifle? Out of the box i would say no, has great potential but needed a bit of tinkering to get to a state where you could be comfortable relying on it. I've tuned mine to within an inch of its life and its a fantastic performer, but for someone less technical it can be a lot of money spent on something you cant get the most of.
    The F2000 is a lot cheaper and works every time. with the exception of a few minor details (id find fault with any gun, believe me. :D) like the mags issue etc i can feel comfortable relying on it to work when i need it.

I just completed another half day at Red Barn there with it today and it was on song. i felt i could engage people out to ranges where they weren't as easily able to get me, i was also able to get very low, in and out of fallen trees etc with this thing and considering there's a 430mm barrel in there, thats impressive. :)

On the mags mod though, I used a craft knife and shaved off 1mm slices at a time, much easier than trying to get the entire lump off in one go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

Masada, does your single shot work? mine tends to skip between 3rd burst and single shot. Was out in red barn today and it even changed to full auto half way through the last game.

Nope, havent and any problems with my selector, it could be that you are pulling the trigger too slowly and softly, this is common with a lot of V2 gearboxes aswell as the trigger contacts are able to complete the circuit without them being forward enough for the cut off lever to dissengage. Try it again with a charged battery and pull it sharply on semi and see if it works then, if it does then you can either live it it, or bend out the trigger contacts a little so they need to go that little bit further to complete the circuit.

Didnt spot ya there today though, woulda took a look at it for ya if ya mentioned it. :)

Cheers Masada, now to find a crafting knife:rolleyes::)
    I find the F2000 very comfortable, and liek you said it's a 430mm:) love it :D
    It sticks close to you, I find with me SCAR you gotta watch the front incase it hits into something..
    Again a short period of people getting new toys I see:P

• Advertisement

Well when i say craft knife you can use pretty much any sharpie, a stanley knice etc etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

Think we were on opposing teams:P ill charge up a new battery and see what happens . thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

Gerrowdat she is a beauty!!! Worth more than if spent on airsoft so far I'd say! But it has to be worth the smile it puts on your face!

Oh and when the real ctr stock arrives if you want to offload the clone I'll take it ;)

nice kit Gerrowdat:) it's amazing. by any chance the HK 416 from eirsoft is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

T4RGET wrote: »
    nice kit Gerrowdat:) it's amazing. by any chance the HK 416 from eirsoft is it?

If you mean the RA-TECH one, then yes, the ra-tech is just a WE with an npas installed (and maybe one or two other upgrades).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

gerrowadat wrote: »
    this gun cost more than the average airsofters kit.

Wow..... not at all self superior then???? :rolleyes:
    I paid the exact same for my own ra tech m4 but dont feel a need to shout about how great i am for spending stupid amounts of money on it as opposed to the average joe, or at least thats the impression your comment gave.

no offence thats just how it came off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Wow..... not at all self superior then???? :rolleyes:
    I paid the exact same for my own ra tech m4 but dont feel a need to shout about how great i am for spending stupid amounts of money on it as opposed to the average joe, or at least thats the impression your comment gave.

no offence thats just how it came off

I did feel a need though, because I'm epic.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    If you mean the RA-TECH one, then yes, the ra-tech is just a WE with an npas installed (and maybe one or two other upgrades).

so jealous haha nice one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Airsofty1, that is one sweet looking rifle.
    What stock is that and where did u get it ?

• Advertisement

nice pistol stone.cold
    can i ask why a springer though?

Advertisement