Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Nice! I'm looking forwards to one of these beauties too.
    Is it fussy about the Brand of Mags ?

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I think Masada posted up something about the mags a while back Bullets - as far as I recall it'll take most high cap mags easy enough, but with mid caps there's a ridge on the top of the mag that needs to be removed or shortened. I'll let one of the other lads (i.e. the ones who know what they're on about) post specifics...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Yeah, I've have a Guarder hop and active breaking mosfet in mine.
    I've been considering an active braking MOSFET actually, but I'm not much with electronics.
    About the spring, when I fire mine on semi you can really hear the spring, was it the same for you and did the new spring make much of a difference?
    The noise from it was more of a thump with the old (illegal!) spring as the piston head hit the cylinder head or whatever the terminology is. It's a bit boingier now alright, but I haven't noticed any real difference between semi and full auto.
    bullets wrote: »
    Is it fussy about the Brand of Mags ?
    I've only tried this one type in it. You may know that the gearbox has a seemingly-idiotically placed screw that prevents normal magazines from being pushed far enough in due to the bit holding the spring that keeps the BBs from popping out when it's not in the hop-up. The end of this can be snipped off. I sealed mine with glue to keep water and dust out, but three of them are prone to premature ejaculation when they take a knock, so maybe I let the spring go too loose. I'll pull the glue off and push the spring up a bit before resealing.

It can be a bit temperamental with magazines alright - the lever that holds them in place was a tad misaligned so some would get jammed in there and required a slim jim shoved into the mag well to release them, but I bent it a bit. Now they sometimes aren't sitting far enough up, so I'll have to bend it in a different direction. This is my first STANAG-taking gun; I'm seeing the reliable beauty of the rocking-into-place system like AKs and the AUG and Sigs.

Ah ok, yep know what to do, got another aeg a week or two ago that needs that done to the mags.

Would it be madness to use something like this for a fairly
    mobile sniper role, since its not some huge long bolt action,
    being nice and bullpub and balanced and all that it might make something thats comfortable to use for someone wearing a ghillie suit. (if the noise does not ruin everything)

I've been toying with the idea of playing a bit more sneaky, Not a full blown sniper role but maybe
    a bit more of a slower pace were you get close to get a shot so you can 100% get the satisfaction of seeing a BB bounce off of someone!!

as am not a spray and pray type of guy,
    Am ashamed to say it but I've gone a full round before without even firing a shot!

~B

I've never actually used an airsoft bolt-action rifle before so don't know how it compares in terms of accuracy and all that, but I wouldn't imagine that it changes all that much. The F2000 has a medium length of a barrel at 430mm and certainly seems to do okay, but I don't expect it's doing much that couldn't be done with any other airsoft gun that isn't really really short. It's certainly great for manoeuvering with - well-balanced to hold ready with one hand, compact for hopping through and under stuff, nice and quick and natural-feeling to bring to bear.

My style of play tends toward the sneaky infiltratey, and I certainly prefer a well-placed shot to wild spraying, hence the scope. This gun does fine for that role, which is what I was hoping when I chose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Nice M4 touge_drift :)

If it was we i would get some rail covers, and maybe spray them OD as well as the stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

cheers swift!
    yeah i was looking at them but wasnt sure how long or how much you could buy, as im not sure i want the entire rail covered, but then it may look stupid only half covered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

cheers swift!
    yeah i was looking at them but wasnt sure how long or how much you could buy, as im not sure i want the entire rail covered, but then it may look stupid only half covered?

You could buy a full rail cover and cut it to the lenth you want. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

@evilrobotshane, when did you get that Pencott? I ask cause ive emailed them a million times with no reply and their store looks dead.

Ages ago, I'm afraid. About a year now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Damn it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭touge_drift

@j.d.r how do you find them rail covers? do they fit securly or are they loose?

thinking of buying a set and would like to hear opnions before i get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

@j.d.r how do you find them rail covers? do they fit securly or are they loose?

thinking of buying a set and would like to hear opnions before i get them

They are very snug and secure on the rails. They haven't moved at all since I put them on, and that was a good month or 2 ago. I did have to take them off once (just to change the pattern), but it gives you a special nack on how to do it, so no issues. Honestly, can't complain.

Except one thing, you will have to get 2 sets of them, as the 8 pieces that come in a packet only fit 1 side of a rail. But they are a change to the standard ones that came with my M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

lovely work o1s1n, really nice to see projects like this, i know how hard it can be to find the bits you need a times but i defiantly would say its worth it in the end looking at the finished product

great job

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Well done Oisin(Read Richie):)

That said, in terms of Airsoft that is total and utter bollox. You've put so much effort into getting it that there's no way you'll be able to skirmish it without severe paranoia:p

Total airsoft p0rn though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,007 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wasn't paranoid until now.

Damn you! :P

/runs off to buy a safe.

If I'm going to skirmish the thing (Which I am), I'll need to get some mesh wire or something to cover the lens of that scope. Would be a right pain if it took a direct hit and cracked. As of now it's absolutely perfect. A little too perfect. Antique perfect.

Maybe I need to invest in a battered one.

Very nice! well done m8, that looks awesome and Im Jealous! :-) I still have to do similar to mine.
    I was hopeing at some stage to get wood furnatire for
    my FAL and of course a SUIT. All that needs sorting now is to find a way
    to improve the look of the stock if its still the original king arms one,
    even a lick of the rubberised paint might do the trick if its easy to get.

Any time I search Ebay I end up getting results for Trilux Paint!
    Nearly got lucky with a wooden aussie handguard lately but missed
    the end of the auction.

I recently went to take the topcover off the King Arms FAL
    bout for the life of me could not take apart the gun or
    even get the stock off after removing screws and pulling
    at the body after the pistol grip was off etc.

You should (if you have not already) get the Star/Ares L1-A1
    the finish on them is fantastic!! and well worth the money.

Did you ever get that Precious JAC L1A1 working ?
    Have not seen one for sale anyplace since you bought yours.

Would like one of those for the collection, and Heaven would be a GBB!
    Hopeing to get an SA-58 from Tony in eirsoft (soon???? hint hint)
    and at some stage I got to get something fal-like with a foldable stock
    was tempted to buy another King Arms one.

Can say without any doubt, FAL'a/SA58/L1-A1's are my favourite firearm
    despite having crap accuracy when you compare it to even the most
    simple civilian hunting rifle.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is the mounting system welded on or how does it work?

Master of the Universe

Very nice! well done m8, that looks awesome and Im Jealous! :-) I still have to do similar to mine.
    I was hopeing at some stage to get wood furnatire for
    my FAL and of course a SUIT. All that needs sorting now is to find a way
    to improve the look of the stock if its still the original king arms one,
    even a lick of the rubberised paint might do the trick if its easy to get.

Thanks man! Thought you of all people should appreciate it :)

I'm a bit undecided about the stock myself. I'd like to replace it with a real L1A1 stock but it wouldn't fit a large battery.

Rubberised paint you say? That' may produce interesting results. I was thinking about even just covering the stock with one of those map pocket things anyway. The rubber butt plate comes off way too easily and I'd hate to lose it at a game.
    Any time I search Ebay I end up getting results for Trilux Paint!
    Nearly got lucky with a wooden aussie handguard lately but missed
    the end of the auction.

Heh, I remember the Trilux paint all too well. There were actually a few of the scopes on ebay over the last week but they weren't cheap. There's a rail up at the moment but they want rather silly money for it. And that's just the starting off bid-

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRILUX-SNIPER-SCOPE-MOUNT-SUIT-/230509175130?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

If you do one thing with the King arms FAL, change the handguard. The stock one cheapens the feel of the rifle so much it make it feel worse than it is. Once you get a proper handguard it suddenly feels a million times better. I don't know what the hell King Arms were thinking.
    I recently went to take the topcover off the King Arms FAL
    bout for the life of me could not take apart the gun or
    even get the stock off after removing screws and pulling
    at the body after the pistol grip was off etc.

A similar thing happened to me. I got the stock off, removed the pistol grip and then was lost. Nothing would come apart. I then realized the horror of what I'd done, attempted to put the pistol grip back on and then bundled it all back into a box to be sent off to richie!
    You should (if you have not already) get the Star/Ares L1-A1
    the finish on them is fantastic!! and well worth the money.

It looks fantastic alright. I've heard the internals aren't the best though. Did you ever sort you one out?
    Did you ever get that Precious JAC L1A1 working ?
    Have not seen one for sale anyplace since you bought yours.

Would like one of those for the collection, and Heaven would be a GBB!
    Hopeing to get an SA-58 from Tony in eirsoft (soon???? hint hint)
    and at some stage I got to get something fal-like with a foldable stock
    was tempted to buy another King Arms one.

Unfortunately the JAC is still in the attic seeing no love. A while ago I managed to find a second magazine for it. It never arrived though. The dude wouldn't reply to any of my emails either. To make matters worse, too long had passed and I couldn't even leave him negative feedback. Bah!

Can say without any doubt, FAL'a/SA58/L1-A1's are my favourite firearm
    despite having crap accuracy when you compare it to even the most
    simple civilian hunting rifle.

~B

Indeed. I just love the look of it. It's mean. Also I love the technology associated with it. That Trilux scope has a lovely cold war feel to it or something.

There's also another absolutely massive amazing trilux night vision scope you can get for it. Fits that mount too. I'd buy one if it was legal to do so here.

PVS2-IWS-L1A1.jpg

There's a standard dust cover with a platform welded to it. Looks like so -

trilux_mt.jpg

The scope then clamps on to it in a very odd way. It's far from a quick process. If you want to make sure it's on tight you need to have a screwdriver handy too.

TriluxwLED.jpg

can buy em 60-70 USD (dunno if that place posts outide of USA though)
    http://whatacountry.com/trilux-l1a1-fn-fal-top-cover-mount.aspx

[EDIT DOH replies before I read em sorry]

Never got my Star L1-A1 sorted, could not be bothered sticking in a box posting it someplace
    to get fixed and getting it back as it sometimes works and will never be skirmished with.
    (Being Honest most of my guns just sit at home looking pretty most of the time which is
    a sin for regular skirmishers I reckon)

I did get a King Arms L1A1 too which I've Skirmished with and its nice and impressive but
    very long, the internals are a little tempremental, and the electric blowback sometimes does not slide back correctly,
    the externals are also good, but not as good as the star.
    The performance from the King Arms seem to be better though, ROF on Auto sounds faster.

Flash Hiders are a bit of an annoyance. Across the different airsoft brands they are not
    interchangable, unless ya glue or attach permantly.

The rubberised paint is nice stuff but I cant remember where I saw it.
    Its like Tire Paint used to give a nice finish to car tires.
    Something similar is found coating the Clone SVD scopes and also the stock of some
    M4 Stubbys, It wears quickly though as friction or rubbing/handling will wear it after a while.

The BIG NV scope. I've seen turn up once being sold as a Broken one where all the internals
    were wrecked and someone was selling as something for decouration.

~B

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

That mount required a bit of filing to get in. But as far as I know it wasn't too much hassle.

It also got rid of another thing I hated about the stock gun, that green tinge to the original dust cover. Also really took away from the overall look.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Hey mle1324 nice 416, what paint/ Finnish you use there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

thermo wrote: »
    Hey mle1324 nice 416, what paint/ Finnish you use there?

Thanks thermo

The only thing thats painted there is the rail covers ( used to be OD) and the stock.....I think its just the way it came out on the camara because the rail and reciever are the same color.

EDIT: I used Krylon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

mle1324 wrote: »
    Thanks thermo

The only thing thats painted there is the rail covers ( used to be OD) and the stock.....I think its just the way it came out on the camara because the rail and reciever are the same color.

Ok then,,,,,,,,, must be the iPod, because the receiver looks (to me) like it's a metalic green........ If it was like it appears it would be a good look!

Master of the Universe

That's really annoying to hear about the flash hider. I was hoping I could get a King Arms L1A1 one and put it on my conversion.

I still haven't skirmished this myself. The length is a bit concerning, the thing is like holding a long spear. Now with the Trilux on it, it's like holding a very heavy long spear. Will probably take the flash hider off just to cut down a bit on length. Might eventually get a folding stock for it too.

thermo wrote: »
    Ok then,,,,,,,,, must be the iPod, because the receiver looks (to me) like it's a metalic green........ If it was like it appears it would be a good look!

Nah its not your Ipod.

Tbh I'd (and do) prefare it black :)

I'll try get another photo or two out in the garden tomorrow when its bright out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

O1s1n- she Looks fantastic i remember holding (pre beauty threatment )her at HRTA many moons ago

Please bring her out again she deserves to be admired in public

@ Frank

Are those shottys gas or spring ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

Frank where did u get the second shotgun wit the folding stock??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Stone.cold wrote: »
    Frank where did u get the second shotgun wit the folding stock??

+1 ;)

Advertisement