Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm/id/ACM-RAS-L85/curr_code/USD

On the Ris section of boom arms's site, first page :) They stock one for g&g / army too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

NVM wrong thread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Firekitten wrote: »
    http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cfm/id/ACM-RAS-L85/curr_code/USD

On the Ris section of boom arms's site, first page :) They stock one for g&g / army too :)

Thanks, some mad things happening with my web browsing today. That site is very different to the one I was searching on for the past hour, the item section is anyway same name and home page too, odd. Google is going all Deutch Heute on me too. Think my lappy has caught something nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Firekitten, is that a laser or light on your dandy SA80, and where did you get it?

That is a Insight M6x Laser Light Module, Its a combination of laser and torch... bought it from Opsgear in the US a while back, for many pennies. Excelent weapon LLM system, just not the RIGHT one for my sa80 :P (Sounds geardoy but I just want the gun to look like the issue one...)

• Advertisement

Will look sweet when you get the ACOG mount fabricated and the correct style vertical grip, they also have what look like protective ears on the sides of the Doctor RDS, sure they would be relatively easy to make up and stick on. I believe I saw a replica HK laser light module doing the rounds for a release in the near future or might possibly be out there now.

Have a look in the photo thread of this :P its got a few tweaks completed :) (still waiting on mount), but the grip is one of the Issue ones now .

Have a look in the photo thread of this :P its got a few tweaks completed :) (still waiting on mount), but the grip is one of the Issue ones now .

So, just a Vortex flash hider so should top it off after the correct fibre ACOG with Doctor and the mount. Still though from what I have read on the new issue gear, the ACOG will not be standard and just a few RMC units are using them. Don't know how true it is but the Elcan Specter DR is to be the long term solution for front line units until the L85 is ultimately replaced altogether?

If and when funding allows of course, most likely the L85A2s will be in a bad way by the time something new comes online mainstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Nice one Lemming! You beat me to it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Nice one Lemming! You beat me to it ...

I have a review in the write-up. Need to test it though; been told it's doing about 350fps by the lads at fire-support however.

Initial thoughts? Well f00k me is it light. And short. It's about the same length as an m15A4 carbine (or not much longer than an L85/SA80)

• Advertisement

So, just a Vortex flash hider so should top it off after the correct fibre ACOG with Doctor and the mount. Still though from what I have read on the new issue gear, the ACOG will not be standard and just a few RMC units are using them. Don't know how true it is but the Elcan Specter DR is to be the long term solution for front line units until the L85 is ultimately replaced altogether?

If and when funding allows of course, most likely the L85A2s will be in a bad way by the time something new comes online mainstream.
    Yeah, the flashhider, acog when this one dies, i see no sense in ajusting a miscroscopic detail when this works.

Acog isnt standard, but RMC, Para, and select infantry units are running them now along with the RIS system thats becoming standard.
    the damn specter will be issued yes, but not the dual sight system, as flipping between reportedly looses zero. The issue one will be 4x zoom only. Though I think its hideous on the sa80....

As for the Sa80... new a2s are produced all the time, so it 'being in a bad way' most likely wont matter. They are a damn damn good rifle, one of the best frankly. Got atleast another 10 years in it imo. The HK system in them is lovely and efficient. However cleaning the buggers isnt ><

As for the Sa80... new a2s are produced all the time, so it 'being in a bad way' most likely wont matter. They are a damn damn good rifle, one of the best frankly. Got atleast another 10 years in it imo. The HK system in them is lovely and efficient. However cleaning the buggers isnt ><

New ones still being made? Or you mean existing A1s still being upgraded. I thought the upgrading of the 200k A1s selected to A2 standard was complete. It took around 8-9 years to produce the 350k or so A1s and no new built SA80s for the UK MOD has been produced since '94 or '95.

there are two types of a2 in existance. Upgraded from a1 by HK beasts. Notable by the printed HK in front of the cheek rest at the back. Has mk1 handguard (old type)
    new a2... longer cheek rest, no hk mark, 'new type' handguard. Ive seen a number of 'new ones' that were not a1s upgraded, and are far too shiny to be old. Not sure who's knocking them out, but its not HK, bae under licence? there is deffinately more than 350k tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

The JG MP5,

Possibly the most reliable gun i have. Always works and has never let me down.
    The only thing i find that lets them down is the weight, too light.

Is that running stock or have you done your magic to it, Lefty? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

swiftblade wrote: »
    The JG MP5,

Possibly the most reliable gun i have. Always works and has never let me down.
    The only thing i find that lets them down is the weight, too light.

Is that running stock or have you done your magic to it, Lefty? :)

I like the weight, it'll do me nicely for marshalling and quick games.
    I've changed the usual bits, wiring, switched to deans, changed the piston and piston head, spring guide, spring and shimmed it. 6mm bushings on the way soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I like the weight, it'll do me nicely for marshalling and quick games.
    I've changed the usual bits, wiring, switched to deans, changed the piston and piston head, spring guide, spring and shimmed it. 6mm bushings on the way soon!

What type battery can fit in the handguard? Was thinking of switching mine to retractable stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

swiftblade wrote: »
    What type battery can fit in the handguard? Was thinking of switching mine to retractable stock.
    The handguard has a big lump of plastic down the middle, mind you, it's not the JG one. So I've to dremel that out before I can get a battery in, but I'm more inclined to just stick some rails onto it and a PEQ box, or tape the battery on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭GarethQ

Love my little G36 there

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Damn u Squad 701 and your fancy red leather couch showing off those great pistols...:mad:
    I can still see that TM P226 in my head...gimme now :D
    The PX4 looks pretty tasty as well...heard it's a very comfortable gun to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

nice rack Scody94 ;)
    was going to build rack(s) myself, more for storage that display as my collection has left little room for movement in my room haha :rolleyes:
    where did you get the mesh and did u weld it to the frame or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

nice rack Scody94 ;)
    was going to build rack(s) myself, more for storage that display as my collection has left little room for movement in my room haha :rolleyes:
    where did you get the mesh and did u weld it to the frame or what?

hey mate

i got the mesh from a friend of my fathers. not sure what the name of the pins i used are called but they are curved with 2 points similar the Dart board pins they use to keep the barriers on. it is a wooden frame . i got the mounting hooks off the kind gents at QAS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

hightower, that sniper is just...well only think i can say is wow!!
    was the mag mod hard to do? it is a m14 mag ya have in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

hightower, that sniper is just...well only think i can say is wow!!
    was the mag mod hard to do? it is a m14 mag ya have in it?

Thanks mate, not at all, in fact it was probably the easiest to do! This a dboys full metal m14 mag with the guts removed. The base plate is then fixed to the body using contact epoxy (its certainly not going anywhere!) so the mag can be taken off by slotting it out from the base plate. It still uses the standard mag but seeing as it sits flush further up the body it doesnt interfere.

The silencer was the hardest part,its a mac11 large silencer. It shrouds on over the barrel and can also be removed but I had to drill the end cap to the outer barrels diameter then fit the top cap to the top cap of the barrel so the silencer actually screws into the APSs barrel. It means it can retain a huge silencer but is still the standard length and can still be removed.
    The paint job was time consuming but well worth it, very pleased with the finish. I managed to find a super flat sealer so it wont need re spraying but isnt shiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

@Airsofter101
    Very nice looking L85 carbine!;) What make is it?

Also, the flippin size of the 74 mags!:D:D
    Wow mega! Are the 1000 rds or mids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

The collection to date, (R-L) VFC Scar L, VLTOR M4 Custom, VFC PDW, QAS Custom MP5K Razor. In the front KJW 1911 PD

P1000660.jpg?t=1302480308

Really liking the MP5K Razor, would love to see one of them in real life, but obviously not face one on the skirmish field :p

Nice work on the M4s, I think I've finally decided on a look for my APS M4 so now I need to save up and get the gear. Definitely posting it up here when it's done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,021 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

P1000660.jpg?t=1302480308[/QUOTE]

Love the Eotech:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Yeah i know, i just put it on for the pic no idea how i managed to put wrong way around. Im gonna blame de-hydration after a days gaming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

lperrozzi wrote: »
    1010953.jpg

Latest project nearly finished :) Still not 100% sure on the stock though!

Have you looked at the ACS or HK416 crane stock? They might suit. Also the CTR with added low profile cheek rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Believe it or not, I've had both... not mad on either. Debating on whether or not to buy an ACE SOCOM stock next :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lperrozzi wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I've had both... not mad on either. Debating on whether or not to buy an ACE SOCOM stock next :p

my baby :o I miss her already :D

looks badass though..what else did you do to her? :)

Advertisement