Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Thanks guys... it took a long time but finally got there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Inari wrote: »
    Very very nice gun rack Stealth - looks the business! I have designs drawn out for a gun cabinet...just need the house to put it in :D

Thanks,just need to get it up on the wall now.
    i made 1 for holding them when im out in the garden plinking aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Nice aeg's Jay, the tan magpul looks the business. Thanks again for letting use the lonex mag....im coverted :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

they sure are...must post up a review on them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

What mods have you done to it Lefty? What's the trigger responce like?

Looks nice anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

swiftblade wrote: »
    What mods have you done to it Lefty? What's the trigger responce like?

Looks nice anyway. :)
    At the moment - it's decent, getting parts in over the next few weeks.
    So far it's a 455mm TBB and a G&G rubber, deans and a nasty big lipo, just for semi.

Liking your pictures btw, nice gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

@ firekitten, I'd take the SUSAT :) looks nicer. you try an ACOG? i seen one on a saw one day and it looked pretty nice, non zoom red dot one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Agreed with T4RGET - ACOG would definitely look a lot better on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

*huff* Acog isnt british :P (granted neither is the trij reflex)

Tried my acog Ta01nsn but didnt like the look of it tbh... might without the rear sight, or a raised rail, but it felt... 'crowded'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

SUSAT is better-proportioned than the Trijicon Reflex but I still think the best looking sight on a 249 is the ELCAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

+1 to that. M249 + ELCAN = Made for each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

defiantly the susat

see I got the minimi (Not a bloody 249! not a yank!) for my brit stuff, so the susat would work....

Though i have been repeatedly tempted by canadian antics.... c9a1-a2... Eclan does tempt, but I shall have to see...

One side note, the trijicon reflex offers a very wide field of vision, which = big advantage to a gunner. The zoom optics are ok for the real world, but I can't help wonder if this is more practical?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Practical? We dress up as soldiers & run around shooting each other with little plastic pellets, since when was practicality an issue? :D

If it looks right, it is right! ELCAN all the way.

Perhaps im the maddest airsofter in the world... I pick optics for practical purposes... guns for a need, gear for a use... *shakes head*

Well i may well pick up an eclan, and some cadpat for some moosesoft antics.

Anyway, now I have a cool machine gun to rest my combat coffee against.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

your gear will soon drive you mad at events if it does not work , the susat may look beter in my opinion but the replica is bad with poor eye relief and low image quality, give me an acog any day, i do not mind sacrificing practicality for an accurate impression if the stuff work and does it job but i would not do it if the stuff is unworkable

Its deffinately not the best. I'll be replacing it with a 'lorry, back of' model shortly.

Im all for practical. Im not going to bolt **** to my gun, or gear, that is of no purpose. Some things like my medical kit, i will use hopefully in frequently, but I carry it 'just in case', or my ear plugs, which may look 'ally' hanging from the plate carrier strap, but its actually to protect my sodding ears... CC3 vets will know what I'm talking about.

susat looks better but if the other sight works better i'd take that. hate when good looking stuff on a rifle jst isnt practical :(
    if you decide to go a bit american the ACOG :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well you can go modern British army with the acog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Decoy wrote: »
    Practical? We dress up as soldiers & run around shooting each other with little plastic pellets, since when was practicality an issue? :D
    Always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

personally I put practicability and usability over looks every time, however if I do try and include some pretty stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Can I get the name of that Dot please? Thanks
    Bernie Mac wrote: »
    Latest upper assembly for the M4 biggrin.gif
    IMG_3235-1.jpg
    xXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Its an aimpoint T-1 Micro red dot. Of course its only a cheap china copy but does the job fantastically :)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Its an aimpoint T-1 Micro red dot. Of course its only a cheap china copy but does the job fantastically :)

Awesome sauce! thanks man!
    xXx

Bernie Mac, where did you get the stock and what kind of battery does it take? I've been looking for that stock but with the litle compartment underneath the cheek rest..

T4RGET wrote: »
    Bernie Mac, where did you get the stock and what kind of battery does it take? I've been looking for that stock but with the litle compartment underneath the cheek rest..

The stock came with the AEG it is a King Arms m4 Troy MRF-CX. eHobby have the stock here, not too sure if it is in stock and its the Ares version.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/stocks/aeg/ares-vltor-clubfoot-mod-stock-black.html

there really isn't much space in the side compartments for battery storage. I never use it anyway, I just use the stock tube and use the LiPo's below

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/bb-battery/batteries/lithium-batteries/hot-power-7-4v-1100mah-12c-lithium-battery.html

Handy little yokes and they fit in any AEG I have used :rolleyes:

Hope that helps :)

thanks mate, was hoping it would fit a battery easy enough, like having the battery in the buttstock and love that stock to replace the crane stock on my raider.

T4RGET wrote: »
    thanks mate, was hoping it would fit a battery easy enough, like having the battery in the buttstock and love that stock to replace the crane stock on my raider.

Na not a chance, don't even think the Vltor style stocks have that much space either, your better off just sticking with the crane stock from my experience. :rolleyes:

Na not a chance, don't even think the Vltor style stocks have that much space either, your better off just sticking with the crane stock from my experience. :rolleyes:

ah alright thanks mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Iv the same stock with a 9.6 in it,it is very tight allright and i now leave the bat in it when im chargeing it

17102010094.jpg

Advertisement