Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of your Airsoft equipment (Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

nice posp fiach, my next buys will be some optics for my aks, a posp and a red dot, where are you purchasing your optics from may i ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

www.kalinkaoptics.com very good site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

i want that Aks74u...nice lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

It looks very nice but has some big problems unfortunatly (The AKS74U that is, not the POSP) Oh and for those interested in the POSP it's rubber eye relief lense cover works perfectly with guarder C3 glasses :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

God damn it Hoplite!! im this close to buying a Para M249 and you just had to post up a big pretty picture of one didnt you?... Didnt you??

It looks savage mate. I just know i wont be able to resist much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Thanks glad I could be of assistance :D

Are you down in G-Tac this Sunday? Defenderdude is going and I might make it down kinda 50/50still. I'd be happy to let you have a go of the beast if I get down that way.

Cheers appreciate it ;), Ya ill be their alright. the smart move would be to wait and have a fondle of your SAW but i could have my own one in time for the game if i decide to buy it in the next day or so :confused:.
    Even though its a clone it is still a lot of money and needless to say ive been pondering the purchase fr quite some time lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

Scope if you do get one you should consider the mag brand box mag it holds the same 2500 as the original but alot smaller far better feeding and easy to move with about half the size of the original box mag

I'd be the first to say I'm not a great airsoft mechanic but the A&K 249 is a very easy AEG to work on. Spring upgrades are a doddle with no danger of the gears flying out of the gearbox. The trigger operates a microswitch also eady to replace. The barrel can be replaced in seconds.

The stock box mag needs a little work to avoid it jamming up. Bought the small 1200 rd CA box mag on impulse from MIA yesterday, very solid, looks nice and makes the aeg easier to wield.

edit Have also heard good things about the mag box magazine but unlike the CA I dont think its autowinding you have to depress a switch to wind.

good council Hunter, hmmm i would prefer a small sized box alright but due to funds im going to have too make do with the giganti-normous one that it comes with for a good while at least:(
    very solid, looks nice and makes aeg easier to wield
    One reason that id like to get one myself eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hunter1100

The mag brand has a small button that needs to be pressed to feed but it has a higer capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

got my collection together tonight

i am a cyma lover, with three in there, i wanted to get something similar to the m14 used in blackhawk down i got an excellent red dot scope for it by kings arms

Picture001-1.jpg

i went more sniperish with the addition of a stand
    Picture034.jpg

my pride and joy and work in progress is my cyma ak47 i have gotten a wood kit, new motor changed the top plate to one with a black finish and a new internal barrel and a new hop up rubber/seal whatever its called for the barrel, its accurate and the fps is good

Picture033.jpg
    i have an "autoback bolt and gearbox on the way along with a black body and new gears, shims, pistons etc and a box of mid cap mags i hope it all works!

Picture030.jpg
    theres a d-boys m4 casv metal with a small silencer in there too

Picture027.jpg
    three pistols the cyma glock which is fantastic for the price i got a acm m92 which at first sucked, but with some silicone oil works great
    and lastly a kwc p99 my first gbb i really just bought it recently to see what all the fuss about gas was, cronoed it at 325fps at home, at hrta on a cold morning it dropped to pea-shooter range - i much prefer my aeps/aegs saying that i really like the look of it

next on the list is some kind of cheapo shotgun and possibly an svd dragnov (spelling?) if a reasonably priced one comes along, or maybe a fancier m4 the list goes on.....

nice collection although you might want to post the pictures over at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055065511&page=10 . With all the work your doing to your ak47 why to go right to a Real Swords version or something like that? or did you not plan to do all the upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Puding wrote: »
    nice collection although you might want to post the pictures over at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055065511&page=10 . With all the work your doing to your ak47 why to go right to a Real Swords version or something like that? or did you not plan to do all the upgrades.

reposted over there now, i did not plan on doing any upgrades aside from the real wood kit, then it snowballed, i do enjoy upgrading though, the autobolt-back feature should look great if it actually fits properly it will require a bit of modding,

i recon i might convert the m4 to a cqb next if i get the ak running right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Question.
    How many shots worth of gas can an average GBB magazine hold?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

not really the place for this to be honest., it all depends on the temperature really., on average you might get 20-30 out of it before its dead and on really warm days you could double that.,

also depends on the model and the upgrades, a metal slide with harder recoil return spring wil mean you get far fewer shot from a full mag of gas

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

I took some pistols out yesterday for a good greasing (ooh-eer) and took a picture, when a lot of the guns came out in silouette I decided to post this pic to keep you on your toes, you have 30 secs to name the guns... go.

Pistol%20cleaning%20time.jpg

Wow Squad 701 thats enough gear for a three minute scene in Hard Boiled!

A quick homage

:cool:

I need to watch this movie again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

oh sweet mother of god, that is the mother load of GBB's.... Is your real name Thomas Anderson or something

• Advertisement

Thats some machine you have Puding, what exactly is it? lol

Its a star mk42 with an elane and a star peq added.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

hoplite wrote: »
    Wow Squad 701 thats enough gear for a three minute scene in Hard Boiled!

:cool:

I need to watch this movie again soon.

*** starts downloading

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

il lend you the dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Hard boiled kicks ass, and makes me wanna buy stranglehold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

FFS Puding, you could start charging people to visit your home and ogle your collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Squad 701

oh sweet mother of god, that is the mother load of GBB's.... Is your real name Thomas Anderson or something

There's more that couldn't fit in the picture due to size constraints.
    They are TM Desert Eagle .50 (chrome) Tanaka Smith & Wesson 629 4" (silver) and WA Wilson Combat SDS 2-tone. Not to mention a couple of Glocks I put together myself, including the Guarder version which I made two of, one for a friend and one for me, it scares me I might have to sell that one :-)

Lovely rifle Lightning,
    If your planning on doing some weathering may i suggest Guinness' weathering guide on arnies if ya havent already seen it ;). It makes me want to get a wood based gun like a thompson or something.

nice real sword type 56 its been on my to get list for some time lovely bit of kit, along with the real sword type 97B, not my cup of tea but as normal excellent bit of kit from real sword and not something you see every day on the Irish airsoft scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

*Drools over type 97

Advertisement