Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a thought for the powers that be/admins

Options
  • 20-01-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I was thinking what would you think about boards having some sort of online shop selling bits and pieces t-shirts and the likes.
    It could bring in a little extra cash.
    Also said bits and pieces could end up being a talking point out in the real world.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think they did some t-shirts, mouse mats and mugs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

There is a mention of Boards Merchandise over in the Forums suggestion forum - what you are talking about would fit in very well: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055200401

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Great minds think alike. I spent last week sorting out a few things to do with that. It will be a few months but we kicked off that project this week in fact!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Good to hear Dev,your on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cool I'd buy some boards merchandise for sure as I'm sure many others would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

DeVore wrote: »
    Great minds think alike. I spent last week sorting out a few things to do with that. It will be a few months but we kicked off that project this week in fact!

DeV.
    Excellent stuff altogether.

maybe I could get an answer to a question I asked twice before though?

Is the Boards logo copyrighted? Could I, or someone else, use it to make things to sell?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hi, where did you ask that before??

Anyway, thats a good question. It IS copywritten, all artistic works are by default in Ireland, and I would imagine we wouldnt be very happy if someone came along and started to produce t-shirts with it on them and sold them solely for their profit. On the other hand I could imagine us being flexible about it.

I'm not the copyright holder (Cloud is I would imagine!) so I can't completely answer your question.

DeV.

Hi, where did you ask that before??
    I asked on the mod forum a couple of times. :)

No biggie though.
    Anyway, thats a good question. It IS copywritten, all artistic works are by default in Ireland, and I would imagine we wouldnt be very happy if someone came along and started to produce t-shirts with it on them and sold them solely for their profit. On the other hand I could imagine us being flexible about it.
    The reason I asked was because I was looking at getting Pin Badges made with the Boards Team crest on them. (I collect football pin badges myself, and one of the lads thought it would be a nice thing to give to the players, and possibly sell them to other people on here, just to cover the cost of getting them made, not for a profit at all).

Oh, by the way, Ruu designed our crest, and it incorporates the Boards logo

This is the design
    crestnew.JPG

And this is it, actually on one of the jersies.

crest2.JPG
    I'm not the copyright holder (Cloud is I would imagine!) so I can't completely answer your question.
    Yeah, fair enough.

Oh, for something like that I think we'd be really happy to support it. Cloud is away but if you are just getting them as a once off for the team, I am sure that fine.

Nice design too!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I made a few things on Cafepress early last year sometime after asking Vexorg and ecksor about it but I kinda got sidetracked and don't think Cafepress ship to Ireland (or at least not cheaply).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'd buy them, just so I can pick up chicks. How about some boards.ie underwear? Could lead to some uncomfortable moments in the mens room.

Cafepress is a bit crap to be honest. They leave you a few % and the items cost a fortune! I'd rather we built our own.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Ive been selling im ages of my avatar to my devoted follows for years, and havent passed a single penny on to Boards.ie.

i also doa great line in, 'I was banned from (insert forum here) and all I got was a 2 week holiday and had to pay for my own sucky t-shirt'

Now THAT t-shirt would sell....

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd rather we built our own.

DeV.

OOhh if you build it they will come*.

Or at least empty their wallets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

boards.ie branded condoms ftl/w?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

kyub wrote: »

Now ye're shagging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh cos they are really gonna get you laid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I always thought that the getting laid bit came first, and the production of condoms were as a result of that, rather than the other way around. You shagging guys just cause they have a killer line in condoms? :p

The great thing about this would be walking down the street, seeing someone with a boards.ie t-shirt and thinking "oooh, I wonder who that is?"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

boards.ie branded condoms

Half price if you can prove you've had more than one PI thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Thaedydal wrote: »

Well they'll be effective in preventing pregnancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

tbh wrote: »
    I always thought that the getting laid bit came first, and the production of condoms were as a result of that, rather than the other way around. You shagging guys just cause they have a killer line in condoms? :p

35.jpg
    Trojan later introduced the Magnum XL, a slightly widened version of the brand. Magnum and Magnum XL both measure 8 inches long, while Magnum XL are 1/4 inch wider with 1 3/4" width. The Magnum XL is 1/4 inch longer and 3/8 inch wider than a standard condom.

would certainly make person stop and consider.
    The great thing about this would be walking down the street, seeing someone with a boards.ie t-shirt and thinking "oooh, I wonder who that is?"

Baseball hat or badges/pin as well.

Come to a match and you'll see 16 people Boards.ie shirts. :)

DesF wrote: »
    Come to a match and you'll see 16 people Boards.ie shirts. :)

not random enough for me Des!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I don't know, wearing a board's t-shirt in public just screams out loser. ye I know I am but I don't want to advertise it to the rest of the world.
    That and the fact that you know at the boards beers you are going to get the uber nerds wearing the t-shirts and actually thinking that they are cool when in fact they would actually be quite the opposite

jsb wrote: »
    I don't know, wearing a board's t-shirt in public just screams out loser. ye I know I am but I don't want to advertise it to the rest of the world.
    That and the fact that you know at the boards beers you are going to get the uber nerds wearing the t-shirts and actually thinking that they are cool when in fact they would actually be quite the opposite

horses for courses, mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Thaedydal wrote: »

Well I dunno if a boards.ie brand of condom would make me or the missus feel any safer than usual! :P
    MoominPapa wrote: »
    Now ye're shagging

Now ye're preggers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

horses for courses, mate :)

now a racing horse with a boards logo on it, now that would be cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Someone make a t-shirt with an entire feedback thread on it. It would basically be:
    'I got banned from X'
    'Heres why you got banned'
    'No fair'
    Extreme cats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Seriously for the hardcore boards geeks it has to be boards.ie bed linen and PJs

Advertisement