Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Im doing my test tomorrow

• 20-01-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

I am going to go up and drive around Raheny in the monring.I am so nervous ,my stomac is sick.
    I just want to pass and have it over with.I failed last time for 1 grade 4 and 8 grade 3.
    4 for gears and 4 for progression.I did a pre test and learnt I was to stay in 3 to go over speed ramps and just slow donw and for the gear, to go into first gear only when I was stopped something I want doing.

Word of wisdom, ecouragement welcomed.
    cathy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

Hi,

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat! I've got my test on Tuesday morning so a little anxious too...Do you have a lesson tommorrow before the test? I had one yesterday and my instructor said that confidence is key. I know that the lesson before the test will do the trick to calm my nerves (!) and help the concentration. Try to have a look over the rules of the road tonight as this will probably form the first bit of the test. If you can answer these easily, you'd be surprised by how much more confident you will feel getting into the car. Maybe get some rescue remedy to calm you down (I've never used it before and not sure if it works but its worth a try). Be positive! I bet you'll do great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

ah thanks smm, I done a pre test on Thursay ,the week before that I did an hour lesson to see what I was doing wrong.I was costing, driving with my foot on the clutch.So I have worked hard on that.My pretest went ok and I drive up there and around myself last monday.I will get the kids to school and head up .I should make it with about an hour tospare and I will just drive around.I spe 1 hours just reading the rukes yesterday.I am going to read over them again.I have been driving for 11 months .I normally drive with the kids in the back fighting.I wonder if the teaster would mind getting into the back and kick the back seat every few minutes, just so I feel normal.:)
    I went out today and cut out twice .Its my nerves.I bought an aromatherapy oil called, focus and I Hope that helps.
    I will see if I can get the rescue remeady.Worth a try.At the end of the day I can only do my best.See what happens.
    say a prayer and cross your fingers.
    cathy

I'll say a pagan's prayer for you Cathy.
    Best of luck!

Same for you SMM!

Thanks moonbaby.
    I know I can drive, I know I am careful, maybe a little to careful.I am always thinking of the kids on the road.
    Any prayer is welcomed and greatfully recieved.
    cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well first let me say, i wish you the very best of luck tomorrow. As for going over the speed bumps in 3rd, there's no fixed formula, i would tend to go over in second, but it does depend on the bump, i find you have much more control while in second as opposed to third. Also, just go for it and try not to worry, don't be "over cautious" as this will result in marks against you also, i know it's easier said than done, but i found doing it for my test a couple of months ago worked wonders. Well once again good luck to you, i'm sure you'll do just fine.
    Alan.

• Advertisement

had a look at them, thanks.
    Am off to have a bath, relax, and read the rules of the road...again....
    thanks all,
    cathy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'm doing mine in Raheny on the 31st. Best of luck to you.

A friend of mine recommended just sitting outside the centre in your car, and when you see a tester go out, just follow them. If you do that before hand, it'll take your mind of what's coming up, and if you go on one of the same routes, you'll probably feel a little easier going along, as you'll have an idea about when you're going to turn/do your turnabout etc.

Let us know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Good luck Cathy!

I have my test in Raheny on Tuesday morning, not feeling too nervous now but I'm sure it'll be a different story tomorrow night. All you can do is your best, like you said you know how to drive so just go out there and do it.

My big problem is the reverse around a corner, I'm useless at it, but fingers crossed it wont be too bad on the day!

Let us know how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

@cathy01... Best of luck in your test. I have mine on Tuesday morning out in Ballymun.. Ive been very sick for the last week so havnt been able to practice my reverse around corner or even go out to the centre and drive around prospective test routes.. Hopefully I feel better by Tuesday. i dont want to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

best of luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Good luck Cathy. :)

cathy01 wrote: »
    I failed last time for 1 grade 4 and 8 grade 3
    :confused: There is no Grade 4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

:confused: There is no Grade 4!

yeah I was wondering about that as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Probably means 1 Grade 3 and 8 Grade 2's. I would hardly think she could get 8 Grade 3's.

Anyway good luck!:)

YEAH i MEANT GRADE 3.but..............................

I PASSED.

YES YES YES, I CANT BELIEVE IT.
    tHANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT.
    moonbaby the links really helped.
    cathy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yaaay Cathy, Congrats:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Congrats Cathy, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cathy01 wrote: »

I PASSED.
    Well done! :)

Thanks all, honestly, I am so happy.
    cathy

I'm so delighted for you!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

obl wrote: »
    A friend of mine recommended just sitting outside the centre in your car, and when you see a tester go out, just follow them. If you do that before hand, it'll take your mind of what's coming up, and if you go on one of the same routes, you'll probably feel a little easier going along, as you'll have an idea about when you're going to turn/do your turnabout etc.

This will definitely help you to get to know possible routes but don't forget that the car you are following is someone else on their test. Stay far back so they don't notice a car is following them as it may put them off. Also they will have to stop regularly for bonnet checks/turnabout/hill start/reverse around corner so try not to get in the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

javaboy wrote: »
    This will definitely help you to get to know possible routes but don't forget that the car you are following is someone else on their test. Stay far back so they don't notice a car is following them as it may put them off. Also they will have to stop regularly for bonnet checks/turnabout/hill start/reverse around corner so try not to get in the way!

Exactly, stay well back, just taking note of where they go. Sure you wouldn't want someone pulling up your arse as you're about to do your turnabout, and doing it with you, now, would you!:p

Advertisement